Hotels in Rome

Minniepnp

On 12/5/2023 at 11:47 PM, Mrsfrz said:

We have the Lancelot booked for next April but are thinking of trying to stay closer to the Pantheon. Has anyone stayed at the Little Queen Pantheon? Is the location that much better than the Lancelot?

Personally we like to stay in the area roughly bordered by the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.  Hotel Lancelot is 2.4km from the Pantheon...a 35 minute walk.

There are two lodgings named Little Queen Pantheon near the Pantheon.  One is at Campo de' Fiori, 5, the other at Via del Collegio Capranica, 4.  Both are much closer to the Pantheon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2020 at 8:13 AM, cruisemom42 said:

Both of the hotels you list have far from ideal locations for being central to the sites in Rome. If you stay in the Centro Storico, there is no need to use a company like Rome in Limo (which is primarily a driver service) to take you around -- you can walk.

Sina is a very good Italian hotel chain but the location is near Via Veneto which is a somewhat quiet area and this area is not really central, e.g., a long walk to get to where you want to be.

I'm not familiar with Hotel Santa Maria, but it is in Trastevere. While lively at night, Trastevere is also not ideally located for seeing the major sites of Rome.

I would look for a hotel near the Pantheon, Piazza Navona or Campo dei Fiori area (these are relatively close to each other).  Nothing is better in Rome than being in the Centro -- it is lively in the evenings and safe to walk around, many restaurants and of course -- you are near everything except the Vatican.

Some hotels I've stayed in and recommended many times are Albergo del Senato and Albergo Santa Chiara -- both are extremely well situated next to the Pantheon. I have other suggestions if those are above budget.

On 12/22/2023 at 10:00 AM, peachykiehn said:

A bit off topic of hotels but hoping @cruisemom42 might be willing to help me out. We need to be in Rome for a month with a family member needing medical treatment at the University hospital. Hoping you can recommend areas to look for an AirBnB or tell me areas to avoid. 

Can you give me more specific info about the hospital? What is the actual name of it (or of the university it is associated with)? There are several universities in Rome.

Edited by cruisemom42

@cruisemom42 I’ll be solo coming in from Milan via train to Rome for my last night prior to flying home. This will be in early October. I’ll already have spent two nights in Rome pre cruise @ hotel smeraldo. I’m looking for a luxury location that is convenient to the train station (I’ll be picking up my larger 2nd bag at the station) that also has restaurants in walking distance. What would you suggest?

53 minutes ago, peachykiehn said:

@cruisemom42The hospital is on Viale del Policlinico. We decided to look outside the city is the area near Cornelia station a nice area? It seems to be away from tourists and nice to recuperate. 

Thanks -- I see the area. The neighborhoods to the north and northwest of the Viale del Policlinico are very nice and somewhat quiet areas. I would look for something that is north of the Viale del Policlinico and to the east of the Villa Borghese. I don't personally have any suggestions but hopefully you can find some options within that area.

The area around the Cornelia metro stop is further west and just outside the Aurelian walls. I don't have any knowledge of that area, sorry. 

16 hours ago, Denversail said:

@cruisemom42 I’ll be solo coming in from Milan via train to Rome for my last night prior to flying home. This will be in early October. I’ll already have spent two nights in Rome pre cruise @ hotel smeraldo. I’m looking for a luxury location that is convenient to the train station (I’ll be picking up my larger 2nd bag at the station) that also has restaurants in walking distance. What would you suggest?

If by "convenient" you mean walkable, I'm not sure there is any luxury location that close to Termini. The St. Regis is about 4/10 of a mile away from the train station and is probably the closest luxury hotel (e.g., within a 15-minute walk) to the train station. I'm sure there would be restaurants within walking distance but not sure how special they would be. 

If you go a little further northwest from Termini there are a number of nice hotels in the vicinity of the Via Veneto, including the Rome Cavalieri (Waldorf Astoria) and others -- you can see on Google other hotels nearby and plenty of restaurants as well. However, if you are planning on doing any sightseeing while you're there, it's not the most convenient location and it wouldn't be walkable with luggage to/from Termini.

On 2/14/2023 at 10:49 AM, twoznuff2 said:

Staying Pre- cruise in Rome does anyone have any firsthand info on Hotel Raffaello - Sure Hotel Collection by Best Western. They have a room with a terrace that in picture looks cute.

Just checking on response on this one

On 12/24/2023 at 8:12 PM, 1cruise2U said:

Staying Pre- cruise in Rome does anyone have any firsthand info on Hotel Raffaello - Sure Hotel Collection by Best Western. They have a room with a terrace that in picture looks cute.

Stayed there in August 2023. Room with Terrace. Priced fairly inexpensive in my opinion. It was a smallish room (normal European) with a decent size terrace (no special view). Nice included breakfast, wonderful, helpful staff and great walkable location to most tourist sites. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, twoznuff2 said:

Stayed there in August 2023. Room with Terrace. Priced fairly inexpensive in my opinion. It was a smallish room (normal European) with a decent size terrace (no special view). Nice included breakfast, wonderful, helpful staff and great walkable location to most tourist sites. I would absolutely stay there again.

Thanks for the review and post.

On 1/1/2024 at 3:44 PM, twoznuff2 said:

Did you book through the website, or email the hotel? I looked at the Hotel Raffaello website, and when I clicked the book now button, it went to another site. Just making sure I am actually booking with the hotel. #FirstTimer

2 hours ago, ChaseTheDream said:

Did you book through the website, or email the hotel? I looked at the Hotel Raffaello website, and when I clicked the book now button, it went to another site. Just making sure I am actually booking with the hotel. #FirstTimer

Yes, you are booking with the hotel.  Small independent hotels cannot afford their own IT departments like Marriott or Hilton. They contract with one of several reservation platform providers to process their reservations.  If you do dummy reservations in a few hotels, you will see that the reservation process is identical as provided by their common platform vendor.

• Like 1

Hotel Albergo Etico Rome.

Close  but not exact same spelling as I've seen except same first name albergo. Saw it on a hotel site 9.2 feedback. Close to stairs. Spanish stairs.

Just looking hoping the names start jumping out st me more. 

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Hotel Albergo Etico Rome.

Close  but not exact same spelling as I've seen except same first name albergo. Saw it on a hotel site 9.2 feedback. Close to stairs. Spanish stairs.

Just looking hoping the names start jumping out st me more. 

“Albergo” is just the Italian word for hotel. Doesn’t mean there’s any connection between them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

“Albergo” is just the Italian word for hotel. Doesn’t mean there’s any connection between them.

Oh it had very good reviews. One said it was the best hotel she ever stayed at in rome. 

Thought it might be a chain. Thanks. 

On 12/24/2023 at 8:12 PM, 1cruise2U said:

On 1/4/2024 at 2:18 PM, ChaseTheDream said:

I booked on the Best Western site.

14 hours ago, twoznuff2 said:

I booked on the Best Western site.

Many independent european hotels have affiliated with Best Western for the benefits of its website and reservations system.  We have stayed at a number of them including in Carcassonne and Olympia.  They still preserve their "independent" character rather than a "chain" look.

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1

Are there any more recommendations for staying in the Coliseum area? I’ve looked at Hotel Lancelot but was wondering if there were any others worth looking at. 

Precruise we are staying 3 nights at Albergo del Senato. We will only be staying one night post cruise and figured the coliseum would be good to visit before we leave. Or would it be better to stay by the airport? Our flight leaves at noon. 

Thank you 

Tanya 

21 minutes ago, tmt218 said:

Are there any more recommendations for staying in the Coliseum area? I’ve looked at Hotel Lancelot but was wondering if there were any others worth looking at. 

Precruise we are staying 3 nights at Albergo del Senato. We will only be staying one night post cruise and figured the coliseum would be good to visit before we leave. Or would it be better to stay by the airport? Our flight leaves at noon. 

Thank you 

Tanya 

The Hotel Nerva (sometimes listed as Boutique Hotel Nerva) is a nice hotel, well located for the Colosseum, Forum, Palatine Hill and other sites related to ancient Rome. I stayed there some time ago and it has been remodeled since then (used to be 3 star, now 4 star) but still a good hotel if you can find a reasonable rate. Very friendly family service and good breakfast.

Hotel Capo d'Africa is also a very nice, 4-star hotel. It has a great terrace.

Of course, I'll just toss out there that the Colosseum is not that far to walk from Albergo del Senato, should you decide to do it during your pre-cruise stay.

5 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

The Hotel Nerva (sometimes listed as Boutique Hotel Nerva) is a nice hotel, well located for the Colosseum, Forum, Palatine Hill and other sites related to ancient Rome. I stayed there some time ago and it has been remodeled since then (used to be 3 star, now 4 star) but still a good hotel if you can find a reasonable rate. Very friendly family service and good breakfast.

Hotel Capo d'Africa is also a very nice, 4-star hotel. It has a great terrace.

Of course, I'll just toss out there that the Colosseum is not that far to walk from Albergo del Senato, should you decide to do it during your pre-cruise stay.

Thank you! I’ll definitely look into these recommendations. 

Would we be better to head to the airport and stay near there?