New promotion

seasickgirl

Also, I'm sure many, if not all, of us have received 10% prices drops before.  I know I have from Princess, HAL, and RCCL.  It seems to me that Princess is also doing this because they crunched the numbers and rather than going into each sailing and adjusting umpteen cabin categories' prices for umpteen cruises, they did a blanket 10% off promotion if paid in full.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Received as well, either Princess is desperate or thinks repeat passengers are crazy/stupid.  We do not have a cruise til Jan 2022, would not pay in full at this time or any time.  

Good lucky Princess. 

Well, call me

Emoticon showing a screw loose sign by twisting his finger into temple. You are crazy. 

and 

cat kitty GIF

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

I also received this. It doesn’t state how much OBC. I tried to find it on the Princess website, but didn’t see anything. My first thought is that Princess is strapped for cash and is doing this to help see them through the shutdown. That led me to wonder how safe it would be to handover my money to Princess at this time. I’m not worried about tying up my cash as the 10% savings on the cruise would far exceed any interest earned on savings. 

Mine says $200 for our stateroom.  Thing is,  I never pay over a year ahead.  I wait until the latest I can pay without penalty.  Now with the coronavirus, who knows what will be happening next August.  So, I’m just not sure an extra $200 plus 10% is worth it.  Any thoughts? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

I also received this. It doesn’t state how much OBC. I tried to find it on the Princess website, but didn’t see anything. My first thought is that Princess is strapped for cash and is doing this to help see them through the shutdown. That led me to wonder how safe it would be to handover my money to Princess at this time. I’m not worried about tying up my cash as the 10% savings on the cruise would far exceed any interest earned on savings. 

Here’s what mine said.

3B7541A9-F830-4325-ACC9-35C9F92DDA65.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Linsifer said:

Mine says $200 for our stateroom.  Thing is,  I never pay over a year ahead.  I wait until the latest I can pay without penalty.  Now with the coronavirus, who knows what will be happening next August.  So, I’m just not sure an extra $200 plus 10% is worth it.  Any thoughts? 

My thoughts - don't go near it. The 10% off means little as most cruise prices have been hiked up and the $200 OBC is chickenfeed in the overall scheme of things.

Having waited months for refunds, as others have said, I will not be booking anything until the cruise industry is back up and running and without restrictions.

• Like 2

Well here's my situation, we have about $11K tied up in Princess gift cards, have received about $7K back on original cards so far, still waiting for the other cabin booking to be refunded.  So I've already used some gift cards for down payment, and if I use the rest to pay off the cruise, I will get 10% off fare and additional $200 OBC.  These cards are just going to sit here anyway, don't have any real value if they do end up going bankrupt.  Would probably save about $520 total and then the extra $200 OBC, without actually putting any cash down.  So would you do it??  Only thing I see is that my email stated about not being combinable with FCC credits, if that is really the case, not doing that.  It's crazy with  all this FCC floating out there not to be able to apply that to a cruise, well actually they automatically did that when I booked for 3/13/20.  Even though it's only $100/pp, it's the principle of the thing, 🤣.  Disclosure I have 2 cruises already booked with another line for next year, would not even consider putting anymore of my cash down toward those regardless of any savings offered.

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks for the heads up @seasickgirl. Just sent an email to our TA to see if this sale is applicable to our Jan 2021 bookings and, if so, what are the exact details. Worst case is, we get 10% off our 2 cruises and if they get cancelled, we get 125% FCCs to put on our future Princess cruises we already have booked. Really don't see a downside as we were already planning to pay for them before the FPDD.

I don't see that as the worst case at all. This offer to me signals Princess is in financial trouble and is in dire need for cash. Which increases my concerns about bankruptcy. To me the worst case is they go bankrupt and you lose everything. I'm staying far away from this offer.

• Like 1

I'll just stick with our "double your payment" as FCC if not paid in full ... so we doubled down and turned $ 900 into $ 1,800 FCC

not sure yet how Princess will treat the $ 100 FCC we had applied that they 'gave us' when we changed promotions from

NRD to a refundable deposit ...

I know, I know ... not worth my time, blah, blah, blah

My 2 cruises were transferred from the Grand to the Regal with a change to a balcony BE as Regal doesn’t have ocean view 03 with the price of my 03.  The Regal price for a BE is over $1,100 and $1,200 per cabin than what we paid on the Grand.  IF, the price went down it would be based on the Regal price not the actual price I paid for the Grand.  On my other Europe cruises the prices never went down.

i have a few questions to ask my agent before I decide.

I called Princess yesterday to get in on this.  They said you need to receive the email to have the offer.  The rep could not tell me what was needed to receive the offer.  She did n't even think they were sent out yet. 😳  WE have a cruise in Feb 2021 that is all but paid for.  I'll pay, get 10%, and $200 any day.   Anybody figure out what id needed to get this email?

1 minute ago, RBAlbany said:

I called Princess yesterday to get in on this.  They said you need to receive the email to have the offer.  The rep could not tell me what was needed to receive the offer.  She did n't even think they were sent out yet. 😳  WE have a cruise in Feb 2021 that is all but paid for.  I'll pay, get 10%, and $200 any day.   Anybody figure out what id needed to get this email?

It is for 2021 summer cruise and cruise tours.

We received the offer yesterday for our November 2021 cruise.  My question is:  If, after making final payment, the price for the cruise goes down, do you get the lower fare?; do you owe them money back?; and if the cruise is cancelled or Princess finds it self in dire straights, will those paid in full get their money back?

Very optimistic people will look at this as a great deal; those that are pessimistic will believe it isn't.

13 minutes ago, whitecap said:

We received the offer yesterday for our November 2021 cruise.  My question is:  If, after making final payment, the price for the cruise goes down, do you get the lower fare?; do you owe them money back?; and if the cruise is cancelled or Princess finds it self in dire straights, will those paid in full get their money back?

Very optimistic people will look at this as a great deal; those that are pessimistic will believe it isn't.

If I might ask, did the promotional email you received specifically reference your Nov 2021 cruise or was it more of a generic email?

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, did the promotional email you received specifically reference your Nov 2021 cruise or was it more of a generic email?

Mine referenced my cruise number in the e-mail address. There is also an offer reference in the fine print.

Not for me!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It specifically list our booking number.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

Mine referenced my cruise number in the e-mail address. There is also an offer reference in the fine print.

Not for me!

8 minutes ago, whitecap said:

It specifically list our booking number.

One more question if I may. Did you book your cruise directly with Princess or through a TA?

I had a Japan cruisetour planned for this July which was paid in full over the course of a year. Then Covid struck and the subsequent "pauses". It took Princess 87 days to give me back over 12k.I filed no CC dispute and had very little if any communication from Princess. But during those 87 days I found it very stressful pondering if and when I would receive my refund. I still want to cruise and miss it. I booked the same cruisetour for September 2021 with FCC ($200). But a lot depends on my end if the wife and I will even go. Common sense, vaccine, quarantine and overall safety will decide. A lot is dependent of Princess. Will they in fact be in business or bankrupt? Although I find the offer attractive (saves me $1600) the risks are just too great for me.

3 minutes ago, ICUQT said:

I had a Japan cruisetour planned for this July which was paid in full over the course of a year. Then Covid struck and the subsequent "pauses". It took Princess 87 days to give me back over 12k.I filed no CC dispute and had very little if any communication from Princess. But during those 87 days I found it very stressful pondering if and when I would receive my refund. I still want to cruise and miss it. I booked the same cruisetour for September 2021 with FCC ($200). But a lot depends on my end if the wife and I will even go. Common sense, vaccine, quarantine and overall safety will decide. A lot is dependent of Princess. Will they in fact be in business or bankrupt? Although I find the offer attractive (saves me $1600) the risks are just too great for me.

I can see where the past experience and the total cost would make it a risky decision for you and the DW.  For us, we were able to get a Caribbean cruise for just under $3500, so it would be a savings of $350 plus the extra OBC.  Not as risky as what you face.  We are still debating.

29 minutes ago, whitecap said:

We booked through a TA.

Thanks. We booked using a TA as well. Looks like there are only select cruises that are included with this offer. Right now we have Princess cruises booked for Jan 2021, July 2021, Oct 2021 and Jan 2022. It will be interesting to see (1) what our TA finds out, and (2) if we eventually receive this promotional email directly from Princess referencing any of our existing bookings.

The offer specifies that it is applicable to summer 2021 bookings and beyond.

And it does specify that you can't double dip with this 10% offer and the FCC offer for cancelled cruises.

I am intrigued.   Our Fall 2021 cruise is already priced attractively, and not likely to be reduced very much unless people are afraid to cruise and demand is low.  I Like to save money, and don't even want to consider that cruising may fold its hand completely and declare bankruptcy (if CCL goes under, will any of the other biggies do so as well)?  I want to believe we will be cruising next year.

I will think on this for a while.  We have a month to decide.

Don

14 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Bottom line is

This is a gimmick

To get money in the door

Because 

Princess cannot issue refunds

If they don't have funds 

They said from day 1, that they had enough cash to stay afloat for 1 year with zero income.

I talked to my agent,
-  if you pay in full now and price goes down, you will be able to refare up to your original final date.

- if Princess cancels,  your refund/FCC would be based on your new price (the  new promo - pay now receive 10% off).

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

The offer specifies that it is applicable to summer 2021 bookings and beyond.

And it does specify that you can't double dip with this 10% offer and the FCC offer for cancelled cruises.

Would it be possible for you to post the information you received that said this? In the previous posts on this thread describing the various T&Cs, there was no reference made to these two items.