New promotion

seasickgirl

I asked my agent about if after paying final payment with the -10% now, if the cruise price went down could I refare, as they don’t refare after final payment.  Her answer was “yes, Princess uses the original final date “ in my case final is May 2021 for an August cruise.

I would think the same would be the same with the insurance your original final payment date.

21 minutes ago, phabric said:

I asked my agent about if after paying final payment with the -10% now, if the cruise price went down could I refare, as they don’t refare after final payment.  Her answer was “yes, Princess uses the original final date “ in my case final is May 2021 for an August cruise.

I would think the same would be the same with the insurance your original final payment date.

Did your agent state if the 10% comes off the basic fare price before any FCC is applied or after?  The rep. I spoke to the other day wasn't quite sure how that worked.  I know you can't combine large amounts of FCC with the 10% promo, I was told it had to be less than $250.  We only have $100/pp FCC that is already showing in our booking for a 3/13/22 cruise, so I know we are okay on that issue, but just not clear if the 10% is calculated on original fare or after that $100/pp - FCC is deducted.  Anybody already applied the promo to their booking yet?  I'm waiting for my gift cards to be re-loaded so I can apply them to pay off my cruise, but wanted to know what to expect.  Thanks!

53 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

I think that I may have written that poorly. 

We always purchase Princess, or any other cruise line, insurance for the cancel for any reason option, a must if you have pets.  My concern is in purchasing this promotion, when do I pay for that insurance when there is not a second, final payment?

Our cruise is May 2021.

If I pay in full now to get the 10% off will Princess want my non refundable insurance payment at the same time?  I do not want to pay for insurance any sooner than I have to.  Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that once you pay for that insurance, all things being equal, it is nonrefundable.

Sounds like I need to call Princess.

You're right. It's time to call Princess.  

1 hour ago, 13cheermom said:

Did your agent state if the 10% comes off the basic fare price before any FCC is applied or after?  The rep. I spoke to the other day wasn't quite sure how that worked.  I know you can't combine large amounts of FCC with the 10% promo, I was told it had to be less than $250.  We only have $100/pp FCC that is already showing in our booking for a 3/13/22 cruise, so I know we are okay on that issue, but just not clear if the 10% is calculated on original fare or after that $100/pp - FCC is deducted.  Anybody already applied the promo to their booking yet?  I'm waiting for my gift cards to be re-loaded so I can apply them to pay off my cruise, but wanted to know what to expect.  Thanks!

I had only had my FCD applied to my cruise so can’t help.

We had this offer applied to 2 of our 2021 cruises, and as I look at the receipt that Princess emailed me - I see that the entire fare (not including port fees and taxes) was discounted 10%, so your deposit, even if already paid - is part of the discount calculation.

Don

10 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

We had this offer applied to 2 of our 2021 cruises, and as I look at the receipt that Princess emailed me - I see that the entire fare (not including port fees and taxes) was discounted 10%, so your deposit, even if already paid - is part of the discount calculation.

Don

Thanks. Did you have any FCC credit applied to either of those bookings?  I’m trying to figure out if that is subtracted or not prior to discount. 

38 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Thanks. Did you have any FCC credit applied to either of those bookings?  I’m trying to figure out if that is subtracted or not prior to discount. 

See post #58. I believe the 10% promotion is not combinable with FCCs based on the T&C noted there unless something has changed.

"Offer is not transferable and is not combinable with Future Cruise Credits."

14 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

See post #58. I believe the 10% promotion is not combinable with FCCs based on the T&C noted there unless something has changed.

"Offer is not transferable and is not combinable with Future Cruise Credits."

I did read that, however the rep. read to me their wording in the offer and it stated as long as the FCC was under $250 it could still be used. We only have $100/pp to use and she said it was okay. We shall see. Lol

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

I did read that, however the rep. read to me their wording in the offer and it stated as long as the FCC was under $250 it could still be used. We only have $100/pp to use and she said it was okay. We shall see. Lol

Is this regular FCC or goodwill bonus FCC?

34 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Is this regular FCC or goodwill bonus FCC?

This is just regular FCC for our cancelled cruise, the regular cancellation fee that usually is held.  Our booking didn't get any additional bonus credit.  The girl stated that they sent the emails out only to bookings that qualify for it, and my FCC was already applied to the booking automatically when I booked.  Guess they don't want people to double up on discounts, lol.

Not from what I understood when I asked the question.  The booking is paid for.  The OBC was to get you to pay in full early.  Since that is done - the OBC stays with you.  If a cheaper fare comes into play prior to the original date for final payment, you can re-fare (of course, the 10% discount would then be recalculated based upon the new fare).

Don

I just rec'd an email from my TA about re-booking my Europe cruise, which I have for Oct. 2021 on the Crown.  It sounds like a good deal as I only have $60. OBC, this would give me more.  I already have the gratuities, drinks and specialty dining so $400. additional OBC would work for me.  I'll call her tomorrow to see what the story is.

Although we are Princess fans (just a 16 day Aug and 28 day Oct cruise cancelled by Princess) I cannot help but think of the old refrain "have I got a deal for you?"   For those that want to help Princess (and CCL) through these troubling times by all means send them more money.  Personally, we are a bit cautious when it comes to finance which is why we refused to make the final payment for our October Regal Princess cruise (it was over $9000.  When that payment was due in early July we told Princess (through our cruise agent) no way and if Princess wanted to cancel our booking...so be it!  Well, Princess decided to extend our final payment due date until mid-August and a few weeks before that due date finally cancelled the cruise (which was obviously going to happen months ago).   Would we increase our deposit on a future Princess cruise now?  If it were a few hundred dollars with a good potential return on investment...perhaps.  But making a full payment far in advance to help out Princess cash flow?   No way!  The risk of bankruptcy is too great given the potential return (risk/benefit).  While we might be able to eventually recover the cash in a bankruptcy through a credit card chargeback, I am not sure its worth the hassle.

So here is our question regarding 2021 cruises (we have both a 30 day and 18 day cruise booked).  Why would anyone expect any 2021 cruise to even happen?  or put more directly, "what will change in the next year that would make you think any cruise will happen?"  And please do not cite the vaccine promises as I find those promises quite cheap (except for the pharmaceutical executives that have already made nearly $100 million on the sale of their stock which was inflated in value by these same promises).

Hank

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

So here is our question regarding 2021 cruises (we have both a 30 day and 18 day cruise booked).  Why would anyone expect any 2021 cruise to even happen?  or put more directly, "what will change in the next year that would make you think any cruise will happen?"  And please do not cite the vaccine promises as I find those promises quite cheap (except for the pharmaceutical executives that have already made nearly $100 million on the sale of their stock which was inflated in value by these same promises).

Hank

I WILL site the multiple stage 3 vaccine trials going on right now with high hopes there will be a FDA approved release of at least one vaccine (if not more) to emergency responders and others deemed appropriate in late October and subsequently available to the general public hopefully starting in December. To simply say there is no hope to go on any cruises in 2021 just doesn't work for me. There are just too many smart people located around the world with a lot of $$$ supporting their efforts to think anything less.

BUT I'm just someone over in the peanut gallery that's hoping for the best, making sure my DW and I continue to think positive and stay healthy until we can start cruising again sometime during the first half of 2021. To think anything less would simply be a non-starter for us even if what you say comes true.

• Like 4

I got my new card and called Big Box to pay another Princess cruise in full using this promo, but they said it wasn't eligible.  We asked two different agents, and no clear answer why.  So, I said don't pay anything, and I paid off all my RCCL cruises instead!  If Princess doesn't want my money, RCCL does.

It's the same amount of money on the new card, qualifies me for the bonus points.  I just didn't get an additional $330 discount.  Since we have Princess Plus on the cruise, the $200 NR OBC is not a big loss to us.

Que serra!

With the way the few cruises which have started have gone I am not sure how Hopeful anyone should be that cruises will start, and start safely any time soon. If the news is correct and the vaccine may be only about 50% effective and that only about 50% of Americans take a vaccine then I guess that means that we should be prepared that about a 25% chance of this taking care of the virus until we hit Herd Immunity which will kill off a bunch of folks. So, I know we will not be traveling anywhere until we have some feeling that we will be able to travel and make it back home safely. We were lucky, no not lucky, my husband was a fantastic planner of getting tickets and setting us up to make our own way home,  on our cruise to South America that we got off  of from the Coral Princess on the 19th of March, will never let this happen again if we can help it....

13 hours ago, Shaver John said:

With the way the few cruises which have started have gone I am not sure how Hopeful anyone should be that cruises will start, and start safely any time soon.

MSC will try later this month

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/italy-approves-the-restart-of-cruises-as-of-august-15

10 hours ago, caribill said:

I hope they will be successful and have a very safe cruise. We will be waiting for a vaccine before we try a cruise, but hope the folks who choose to go now will have wonderful times. Keep your fingers crossed.

9 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I wouldn't count on a vaccine anytime soon. If they fast track it and it fails, that would be worse than waiting a little longer to be sure it works. Of course politics will pay a part in this.

The Moderna vaccine has set up a two year Phase 3 testing with the start of that two years being after the 2nd dose is administered in late August.

I think that politics will play a big part and that after just two months of testing (late October) it will be given provisional approval by the FDA with a showing that antibodies and T-cells exist, but without any real knowledge if these antibodies and T-cells will actually prevent someone from catching the virus and developing Covid-19.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

The Moderna vaccine has set up a two year Phase 3 testing with the start of that two years being after the 2nd dose is administered in late August.

I think that politics will play a big part and that after just two months of testing (late October) it will be given provisional approval by the FDA with a showing that antibodies and T-cells exist, but without any real knowledge if these antibodies and T-cells will actually prevent someone from catching the virus and developing Covid-19.

If they used the same vaccine in Phases 1 and 2, wouldn't they still be monitoring the antibodies and T-cells produced in those participants?