What are the chances of a Dec cruise going out of florida?

seaman11

2 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

False.

Huntagarten (or whatever that ships name is) was all over the press because they didn't even follow their own protocols in place. There have been almost a dozen cruises from Europe and Asia that have been perfectly fine.

Stop spreading BS that is not true.

The truth is cruising is still an issue. 180 pax on a cruise ship with 40+ crew/pax being sick isn't BS. That was a fact.

How about another ship having pax quarantined in a hotel?

Many of these smaller cruise lines are showing it's not safe for the "Big 3" to set sail yet!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kevin308 said:

Are the RCL  out of Galveston like Vista?  Because I haven't seen RCL cheaper than Carnival out of Galveston.  If you are comparing RCL non Galveston it is apples to oranges because Galveston cruises almost always cost more?   I ask because I haven't seen RCL cheaper out of Galveston on any cruise that has a chance to sail

Yes liberty OTS is out of Galveston. I have as cheap as 650 plus taxes for a pr cabin. (Gty rate cheaper but rcl doesnt allow solo to book gty for some unknown reason), 3 in the high 600s to under 750. One is 1007 including taxes for a prime corner aft balcony. It's the only one over 750.

The one for 650 showed about 613 for a gty but I'm not allowed as I said to book gty.  Rcl also still has cwc that carnival no longer has and lift and shift. The 650 rate was originally for jan 2021, but I lifted it to dec 12, 2021. The pr .. promenade cabins are the ones that look inward at the promenade and have the bowed window seat to watch parades and stuff going on in the promenade. So you dont have to stand in the crowd. I like them. 

This new vista is almost 1000 for the lowest cost cabin I could find on vista next sept 2021. 

The two I have march 2022 were both originally booked on jewel OTS but lifted and shifted to allure and then rcl changed them to liberty, but my TA called up to get first choice of cabins. I could have had any balcony almost on Liberty, only a few humps on deck 8 I saw booked. But I had my choice of pretty much the best balcony on liberty for total cost of 1007 with taxes and fees. I had upgraded to a D2 the top balcony on rcl on jewel before the lift and switch. I actually downgraded to a D4 with the move from allure to liberty, but they let me downgrade to the corner aft facing balcony. Looks like a bigger balcony though they say deck 7 is even bigger, but holds 3 people. 

So yea I am paying a lot less on rcl ... but it took some work by my TA and all the little games rcl is playing. So yes good reason I have 5 rcl booked and only moving the one ccl out to later 2021. Price is better on rcl. 

Idk what to expect, but I get the diamond balcony discount on rcl, carnival doesnt offer similar and free drinks in the diamond lounge though I've only been in once, I prefer a little wine. I get 3 drinks a day added to my card I can drink anywhere during the 3.5 happy hour in diamond lounge, so can order 3 glasses of wine or mixed drinks with dinner. Free. As a added sweetener to lower prices. So yes I think ccl prices are artificially high due to the big obc being offered.

Edited by firefly333

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes liberty OTS is out of Galveston. I have as cheap as 650 plus taxes for a pr cabin. (Gty rate cheaper but rcl doesnt allow solo to book gty for some unknown reason), 3 in the high 600s to under 750. One is 1007 including taxes for a prime corner aft balcony. It's the only one over 750.

The one for 650 showed about 613 for a gty but I'm not allowed as I said to book gty.  Rcl also still has cwc that carnival no longer has and lift and shift. The 650 rate was originally for jan 2021, but I lifted it to dec 12, 2021. The pr .. promenade cabins are the ones that look inward at the promenade and have the bowed window seat to watch parades and stuff going on in the promenade. So you dont have to stand in the crowd. I like them. 

This new vista is almost 1000 for the lowest cost cabin I could find on vista next sept 2021. 

The two I have march 2022 were both originally booked on jewel OTS but lifted and shifted to allure and then rcl changed them to liberty, but my TA called up to get first choice of cabins. I could have had any balcony almost on Liberty, only a few humps on deck 8 I saw booked. But I had my choice of pretty much the best balcony on liberty for total cost of 1007 with taxes and fees. I had upgraded to a D2 the top balcony on rcl on jewel before the lift and switch. I actually downgraded to a D4 with the move from allure to liberty, but they let me downgrade to the corner aft facing balcony. Looks like a bigger balcony though they say deck 7 is even bigger, but holds 3 people. 

So yea I am paying a lot less on rcl ... but it took some work by my TA and all the little games rcl is playing. So yes good reason I have 5 rcl booked and only moving the one ccl out to later 2021. Price is better on rcl. 

Idk what to expect, but I get the diamond balcony discount on rcl, carnival doesnt offer similar and free drinks in the diamond lounge though I've only been in once, I prefer a little wine. I get 3 drinks a day added to my card I can drink anywhere during the 3.5 happy hour in diamond lounge, so can order 3 glasses of wine or mixed drinks with dinner. Free. As a added sweetener to lower prices. So yes I think ccl prices are artificially high due to the big obc being offered.

I am looking at September now on Vista is no were near what you are quoting.  And everingthing I am seeing shows RCCL in the same period of time cheaper.  Honestly I have never seen RCCL cheaper out of Galveston and I have looked.

This is a mean sneaky virus.  Even if we get a vaccine that works, not everyone will be immunized.  We are all different.  It will make no difference "what rules" are in place, people will most likely continue to be infected unless you stay in your basement.  This virus will be with us for several years.   When cruising starts it will be with people that understand that there is a chance that they could contact the virus.  With ships cruising at less than full capacity there will be sufficient rooms to let anyone that does come down positive to allow them to have their own room until the ship returns to port as scheduled.  If you will look at actual numbers the doctors are getting better at treatment without using the expensive Rx's.   

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kevin308 said:

I am looking at September now on Vista is no were near what you are quoting.  And everingthing I am seeing shows RCCL in the same period of time cheaper.  Honestly I have never seen RCCL cheaper out of Galveston and I have looked.

I dont even bother looking for price drops on rcl cruises after all the shifting and shifting and lifting. No way I'm going to beat the prices I'm booked at. Rcl extended cwc from august 1st now to sept 30. So technically I could lift my b2b to jan/feb 2022, but I already have dec 2021 and the b2b in march 2022. 

That would make 5 pretty close together. They now have a online form so anyone can lift and shift their cruise, even if you booked thru a TA. Easy to use. Has to be one year later plus or minus 4 weeks. I doubt if I'll know by the end of sept if feb b2b has a chance to go,

But rcl is being a lot more flexible. People were booking suites left and right on the cheapest ship then lifting it a year later to one of the newer ships. I've seen people say they are paying 3k for a 12k owners suite. But it's good you can book the cheapest price you can find and move it, but they have made it a little harder. Now out of San Juan and new Orleans pretty much shut off those cheaper options. But those who got in early, some got some killer deals. .. not that I'm complaining. I'm very happy with my prices.

But yes .. I am booked only out of Galveston that I'm comparing prices. If not for the obc, ccl wouldnt be worth it. Rcl had some killer deals if you went thru all the game playing to get there. And still I can can cancel and take fcc within 48 hours even with non refundable deposit. Carnival just has no flexibility.

20200809_111208395.jpeg

On 8/5/2020 at 10:59 PM, seaman11 said:

i have a dec, elation cruise on hold, and im thinking of replacing my oct cruise with this one(which i dont feel will go personally)  however i am racking up the obc so nothing to lose..  im up to $1000 now. 

First of all, there's 0 chance of a December cruise...   OK maybe   .00001% chance.

More importantly how do you have $1000 obc?  you don't get addtional OBC each time a cruise is cancelled.  Not to mention their CS told me (and I received cash back) that they do not allow more than $900 of OBC for any sailing.

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If not for the obc, ccl wouldnt be worth it.

Agree.....on my 9/2021 B2B...Leg 1, a 6 day sailing, when you take into account the OBC costs just about nothing; Leg 2 (no OBC) is only 4 days, but cost about as much as a 7 day NCL did pre-covid.  

The only other line out of NYC on a regular basis is NCL.  MSC sailed for one season (pre-covid).  I found both NCL and MSC superior products and a nicer atmosphere.  These were my last 2 cruises and each one was less expensive than the originally scheduled and canceled Carnival June cruise.

What I am saying is that Carnival delivered the "least bang for the buck" in my cruising experience.

9 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I've read so many who have over $1K of OBC. Maybe I just read it wrong. I've never had a huge chunk of OBC, so I've no idea.

There is a limit on how much OBC you can use per cruise.  Don't know the limit.

20 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I've read so many who have over $1K of OBC. Maybe I just read it wrong. I've never had a huge chunk of OBC, so I've no idea.

It is probably the total of OBC counting all cruises that have been cancelled for someone, not just the amount from 1 cruise.

32 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

It is probably the total of OBC counting all cruises that have been cancelled for someone, not just the amount from 1 cruise.

No, it's not the total from all the canceled cruises..  You have a limit per "new cruise" booked.  I'm sure Firefly knows and she'll be here to comment.

52 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

There is a limit on how much OBC you can use per cruise.  Don't know the limit.

First I've heard of a limit to the amount of OBC you can use on a cruise. As someone with $850 OBC on a cruise next year, I'd be interested in hearing the details of this limit.

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

Not sure when maybe a year or 2 ago a few Canadians were trying to profit by

buying $$$$ OBC, then cashing it in. Got a better exchange rate that way.

Not going to research to find the thread but it was a pretty lengthy one.

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

First I've heard of a limit to the amount of OBC you can use on a cruise. As someone with $850 OBC on a cruise next year, I'd be interested in hearing the details of this limit.

I hadn't either but we had a cruise booked completely with gift cards that was cancelled.  We booked a more expensive cruise and paid $200 deposit in cash and transferred the remainder to the new booking plus the $600 obc given to us by Carnival.  Soon thereafter, the cruise price went down and I requested a price adjustment which was granted.  That price adjustment was given back to me in cash.  I questioned it and CS said it was because they do not allow OBC of greater than $900.  This price adjustment would have given me about $950 in obc so they gave it to me in cash.  First I've heard of it also.

58 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The OBC from Carnival doesn't add together.  If you've had 1 or 6 cruises cancelled, the maximum they will give you in OBC for cancellations is $600.  It's not $600 each time.

1 minute ago, buckeyefrank said:

I hadn't either but we had a cruise booked completely with gift cards that was cancelled.  We booked a more expensive cruise and paid $200 deposit in cash and transferred the remainder to the new booking plus the $600 obc given to us by Carnival.  Soon thereafter, the cruise price went down and I requested a price adjustment which was granted.  That price adjustment was given back to me in cash.  I questioned it and CS said it was because they do not allow OBC of greater than $900.  This price adjustment would have given me about $950 in obc so they gave it to me in cash.  First I've heard of it also.

Was your cruise paid in full? If it isn't paid in full they usually adjust the cruise price. If the limit is $900 I think that's fine. I have $850 and don't expect any price drops. Actually I got the last room in my category so there won't be any for me.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:59 PM, seaman11 said:

i have a dec, elation cruise on hold, and im thinking of replacing my oct cruise with this one(which i dont feel will go personally)  however i am racking up the obc so nothing to lose..  im up to $1000 now. 

The same as they were going out at anytime since March zero.  Until the numbers start going down instead of up which is not going to happen any time soon because there are so many with less than average intelligence that think this is a hoax out there not social distancing and wearing masks.  They had a motorcycle rally in Sturgis that had over 250k people and from what I hear if you had a mask on you were in the extreme minority.  I am sure there are plenty of anti maskers on these boards that just can't understand why they aren't able to go on a cruise.  SMH.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Where did your credit come from?  It may depend on the source.

I'm pretty sure the OBC you get from canceled cruises is limited when you book a new cruise.  Of course, if you book multiple cruises you can use it.

@firefly when you need her expertise.

4 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Where did your credit come from?  It may depend on the source.

I'm pretty sure the OBC you get from canceled cruises is limited when you book a new cruise.  Of course, if you book multiple cruises you can use it.

@firefly when you need her expertise.

Well yeah the amount you can get from a canceled cruise is $600. My understanding is if you use a FCC and that cruise is canceled you don't get another $600. That's not the same as "you are limited to the amount of OBC you can use on a cruise" which is what you said. Some of mine comes from a travel agent. Some of mine comes from being a Carnival stock holder.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Was your cruise paid in full? If it isn't paid in full they usually adjust the cruise price. If the limit is $900 I think that's fine. I have $850 and don't expect any price drops. Actually I got the last room in my category so there won't be any for me.

Yes it was paid in full.  The price drop would have caused me to have over $900 in OBC.  I did have $200 in cash that I paid on the deposit so not all of it was GC.  If the entire thing is GC, I don't know how they would handle that.

1 minute ago, buckeyefrank said:

Yes it was paid in full.  The price drop would have caused me to have over $900 in OBC.  I did have $200 in cash that I paid on the deposit so not all of it was GC.  If the entire thing is GC, I don't know how they would handle that.

My guess would be they would send you a gift card if they won't allow you to go over $900 OBC. I know that's how they do refunds when you paid by gift card.

15 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

My guess would be they would send you a gift card if they won't allow you to go over $900 OBC. I know that's how they do refunds when you paid by gift card.

I'll have WAY more than $900 onboard credit for one particular future cruise in 2021.

Not certain where the recent revelation of a 'cap' came from.  Never hear that (although I did know about the Canadian $$ situation).  

2 hours ago, skridge said:

Same thing you said in October  and September.  How is that working out for you?

September? Never.

Clearly though, it’s working out better for me than it is for Carnival.

Don’t shoot me... I’m just the messenger. I have no ties to the targeted date for Carnival to resume operations and all information stated by me has been directly provided and published as fact by the cruise operator.

43 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Guys the reports say that Florida is still very vulnerable to this Virus. I also read where the kids are starting back to School this week. Not a very good move on Florida's part. Let's pray for Florida.  

Florida is just being Florida. We’ll be fine...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buckeyefrank said:

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’d question the validity on that statement. On the Carnival Magic Transatlantic, one of my later cruises on Carnival, each stateroom of mine had $1100 onboard credit for a grand total of $2200obc. This was calculated based on shareholder benefit, the old future cruise certificate/onboard sales promotion, early saver price matching and a couple other OBC opportunities.

On Princess, most of my cruises have over $1000 onboard credit if longer than 9 days due to very flexible promotions and generous offers.