What are the chances of a Dec cruise going out of florida?

seaman11

57 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Guys the reports say that Florida is still very vulnerable to this Virus. I also read where the kids are starting back to School this week. Not a very good move on Florida's part. Let's pray for Florida.  

It'll take more than prayers to get Florida healthy.......all our troubles began when the officials rushed to "open the economy".  We went from 1,000 cases per day to over 10,000 cases in a flash.  Now we're down to 6,000 per day, still 600% over where we were on restrictions.

Voters were clogging local city halls demanding no mask mandate as cases and deaths mounted.  Utter insanity.

Now cruisers from the Northeast states of NY, NJ & Conn can't take a cruise from FL unless they are willing to quarantine upon their return home.

Edited by evandbob

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

I’d question the validity on that statement. On the Carnival Magic Transatlantic, one of my later cruises on Carnival, each stateroom of mine had $1100 onboard credit for a grand total of $2200obc. This was calculated based on shareholder benefit, the old future cruise certificate/onboard sales promotion, early saver price matching and a couple other OBC opportunities.

On Princess, most of my cruises have over $1000 onboard credit if longer than 9 days due to very flexible promotions and generous offers.

There's someone on here saying they were capped at $900 OBC and issued a cash reimbursement when they submitted a price drop that would put them over $900 OBC when their cruise was paid in full...so maybe it's a new thing. I've never heard of it before.

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

There's someone on here saying they were capped at $900 OBC and issued a cash reimbursement when they submitted a price drop that would put them over $900 OBC when their cruise was paid in full...so maybe it's a new thing. I've never heard of it before.

That’s definitely a new one. If I were Carnival, the OBC would be less expensive for them to provide rather than actual face value of the money. It also lets them float by a bit longer.

That doesn’t make sense — if I were to guess, a mistake was made somewhere and it was the first thing a phone agent was able to come up with as an excuse.

Certainly interesting if it is, indeed, something new.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

That’s definitely a new one. If I were Carnival, the OBC would be less expensive for them to provide rather than actual face value of the money. It also lets them float by a bit longer.

That doesn’t make sense — if I were to guess, a mistake was made somewhere and it was the first thing a phone agent was able to come up with as an excuse.

I quite agree. If granting OBC keeps the money flowing in, thereby delaying going belly-up, then why put a "cap" on it ?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I’d question the validity on that statement. On the Carnival Magic Transatlantic, one of my later cruises on Carnival, each stateroom of mine had $1100 onboard credit for a grand total of $2200obc. This was calculated based on shareholder benefit, the old future cruise certificate/onboard sales promotion, early saver price matching and a couple other OBC opportunities.

On Princess, most of my cruises have over $1000 onboard credit if longer than 9 days due to very flexible promotions and generous offers.

I'm just relaying what the Carnival rep told me.  I had an unasked for credit in my bank account from Carnival.  They told me there was a $900 max OBC and the difference was refunded.

With Carnival (and most companies) YMMV and was not from FCC or shareholder benefit.

Edited by buckeyefrank

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Well yeah the amount you can get from a canceled cruise is $600. My understanding is if you use a FCC and that cruise is canceled you don't get another $600. That's not the same as "you are limited to the amount of OBC you can use on a cruise" which is what you said. Some of mine comes from a travel agent. Some of mine comes from being a Carnival stock holder.

So, ok....I meant you are limited to use the amount of OBC you can use from canceled cruises on one "new cruise"....which is why I asked you the source.  Some people may think if you have 2 canceled cruises and each one generates a $600...you can use $1200/cruise, which you can't.  And, if "the new cruise" is canceled, you keep the original $600...you don't get an additional $600 obc.

OBC from TA, shareholder is "in addition" to canceled cruise obc.

6 minutes ago, buckeyefrank said:

I'm just relaying what the Carnival rep told me.  I had an unasked for credit in my bank account from Carnival.  They told me there was a $900 max OBC and the difference was refunded.

With Carnival (and most companies) YMMV.

Yes and if I were you, I'd question the validity of that and follow up.

1 minute ago, MsTabbyKats said:

So, ok....I meant you are limited to use the amount of OBC you can use from canceled cruises on one "new cruise"....which is why I asked you the source.  Some people may think if you have 2 canceled cruises and each one generates a $600...you can use $1200/cruise, which you can't.  And, if "the new cruise" is canceled, you keep the original $600...you don't get an additional $600 obc.

OBC from TA, shareholder is "in addition" to canceled cruise obc.

That part is definitely true and Carnival makes it clear that the new offer replaces offers from previous cancellations.

47 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Certainly interesting if it is, indeed, something new.

I'm just relaying what was told to me.  On the surface, I agree it doesn't make sense.  There was a previous forum post that mentioned that some Canadians were using OBC to make profits due to the exchange rate.  Maybe the OBC limit is new to discourage that issue.

2 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Yes and if I were you, I'd question the validity of that and follow up.

Yeah, I'm going to call Carnival, hold for an hour and question the validity of a cash credit I received.......   for what purpose???

Just now, buckeyefrank said:

Yeah, I'm going to call Carnival, hold for an hour and question the validity of a cash credit I received.......   for what purpose???

I actually called them Saturday around lunch time and it was only 15 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan58 said:

Guys the reports say that Florida is still very vulnerable to this Virus. I also read where the kids are starting back to School this week. Not a very good move on Florida's part. Let's pray for Florida.  

actually its a great move on Florida part, kids across the country should all be in school. Seems like Florida governor may be one of the best in the country. Kudos to him and his staff

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, wareaglefan444 said:

actually its a great move on Florida part, kids across the country should all be in school. Seems like Florida governor may be one of the best in the country. Kudos to him and his staff

I was not in the least praising the Florida governor. He has only followed the lead of his leaders; has not made one valid decision on his own. Florida needs help in resolving their issues. Hopefully the leadership they need will start to show soon.   

41 minutes ago, wareaglefan444 said:

What grudge do you hold against kids, teachers, support staff, and kids' parents and grandparents?

People really are dying of this.  Regular people, not just those in nursing homes.  Until that changes, the vast majority of the rest of the world is not going to be interested in Floridians, Americans in general, or anyone traveling through Florida, in visiting their countries.

I keep waffling over whether cruising (out of US ports like those in FL) might continue in/by Dec - it could happen given either a shift in mindset regarding risks, or a shift in mindset regarding masks/social distancing.