What are the chances of a Dec cruise going out of florida?

seaman11

I cannot wait for my 100% absolutely happening November/December cruises, and I will enjoy them so very much.  Since it is a complete guarantee that they will both be departing as planned, I have already started looking at hotels pre 1st cruise, and for the interstitial overnight.  In fact, I'm already aboard, drinking my face off and smoking eleven cigars at once.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Personally I think cruises could safely resume tomorrow if cruise lines didn’t allow older passengers, passengers with health issues, overweight people, etc.  But that would never fly in the politically correct world we live in today. 

And the fare for the few people who qualify would be way out-of-line with Carnival prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

And the fare for the few people who qualify would be way out-of-line with Carnival prices.

I think you bring up a point that is going to be a major issue in the future. The longer cruise lines go without cruising, the more debt they accumulate. The one obvious way to reduce debt in the future is to increase fares to increase your revenue. While I think a lot of cruise lines could do that without it negatively impacting their core demographic, I think that would be a major challenge for Carnival since their biggest advantage is the product they offer at their price point. For example, I think RCI offers a better cruising experience than Carnival, but in general their cruises are more expensive. If it gets to the point where Carnival and RCI are charging similar prices for their cruises, I don’t think Carnival could compete with RCI. Of course there are always going to be people who prefer a certain cruise line no matter what happens in the future. 

• Like 2

As days go by and cruise after cruise being canceled I'm concerned about my two week in feb 2021. Right now I'm just holding a bunch of credits..... I'm not in a hurry to rebook my cancelled cruises. I think there will be more shuffling once cruising resumes 

33 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t disagree with anything you said.  But the cruise lines would be happy if they could say there weren’t any breakouts on our ships.  

but would meemaw , after she contracts it from her children after they went on this cruise?

(And there would still be breakouts unless you dont think people get the virus under the age of 60. They get it and some show symptoms... they just usually dont die. there would be outbreaks regardless)

If they have to raise their prices, I think other lines will too because the loss of incomes affects all lines.  I think cruising in December is possible if the stars align just right with vaccines, testing, and treatments.  That's a big order though. I'll be glad when this is over, but it's a waiting game and nobody knows how long it will take.  

As far as Carnival's product, I am fine with it.  I've cruised on other lines when I've wanted a different experience. Carnival doesn't need to change anything.  I think the line meets the needs of the passengers who choose it. If they have to raise prices, all of the lines will have to also.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I have been thinking about this for the past year. Covid just made it more real. What I'd been thinking is, Would Carnival ever try to compete with Royal and increase not only the price, but the quality of the product as well? Carnival, like all the lines, used to be pretty classy. That's gone the way of the dodo, but if Carnival is forced to raise prices, will they change their targeted audience?

Just a thought.

We've been cruising for quite a while.

When was that?

gary

Testing is is almost useless as a strategy to get people cruising again. The reason...there is a rather high false negative rate (upwards of 30%). The cruise lines can have people quarantine all they want and someone, either a passenger or worker, will turn up positive. 

The only way cruising will begin before an effective vaccine is developed is if everyone changes their philosophy and is willing to accept the risk of infection. For the most part, the folks who are dying from this aren't out and about traveling. There are exceptions to this, including children, but if you are worried about your child dying from this, then you should definitely NOT ever put them in a car because they are any dozen of tines more likely to die in an auto accident. That is a fact.

Cheers, 

Brad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheels87 said:

Testing is is almost useless as a strategy to get people cruising again. The reason...there is a rather high false negative rate (upwards of 30%). The cruise lines can have people quarantine all they want and someone, either a passenger or worker, will turn up positive. 

The only way cruising will begin before an effective vaccine is developed is if everyone changes their philosophy and is willing to accept the risk of infection. For the most part, the folks who are dying from this aren't out and about traveling. There are exceptions to this, including children, but if you are worried about your child dying from this, then you should definitely NOT ever put them in a car because they are any dozen of tines more likely to die in an auto accident. That is a fact.

Cheers, 

Brad

Brad, well said.

I will not be cruising if there is a constant test, test upon return from a port, test again.

Meaning if one gets a positive test - then what happens? Your locked in a cabin, ship can not dock at a port, the consumer loses the rest of the $ value of their vacation, then quarantined on land somewhere?

And pay for this scenario - not a chance.

Then add in reduced product value, masks, limited room capacity and higher prices - not a chance.

• Like 2

I am booked to cruise in January, 2021 and I am almost certain it will not happen.  I am also booked for January, 2022 and I have serious doubts about it.  After that, you will not have to worry.  There will be no Carnival.

1 hour ago, ABoatNerd said:

Brad, well said.

I will not be cruising if there is a constant test, test upon return from a port, test again.

Meaning if one gets a positive test - then what happens? Your locked in a cabin, ship can not dock at a port, the consumer loses the rest of the $ value of their vacation, then quarantined on land somewhere?

And pay for this scenario - not a chance.

Then add in reduced product value, masks, limited room capacity and higher prices - not a chance.

I've said this from Day #1.  No vaccine or effective treatment.....no cruise for me.  If I want to wear a mask and have all kinds of elevator and dining rules...I can just walk out of my apt door!  I cruise to enjoy myself.

I have a B2B for Sept 2021 booked. I'm cautiously optimistic  but if things aren't back to normal by then, I'll just take the small loss.  It's better to lose a few hundred dollars than pay a couple of thousand dollars for something that may make you miserable. 

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 9:43 PM, fyree39 said:

I have been thinking about this for the past year. Covid just made it more real. What I'd been thinking is, Would Carnival ever try to compete with Royal and increase not only the price, but the quality of the product as well? Carnival, like all the lines, used to be pretty classy. That's gone the way of the dodo, but if Carnival is forced to raise prices, will they change their targeted audience?

Just a thought.

I find the ideal of raising prices unlikely.  Carnival would always like to charge more.  But the question is will people pay more?   I think it is highly unlikely they  will.

1 hour ago, Kevin308 said:

I find the ideal of raising prices unlikely.  Carnival would always like to charge more.  But the question is will people pay more?   I think it is highly unlikely they  will.

Carnival is already higher than my rcl cruises, I think because of the $600 obc. That's the only reason I booked the one ccl cruise the high obc. The others are all rcl and at much lower prices than what I can book ccl at for the same number of days. ..which is unusual for rcl to be lower than ccl. Like I said I think it's the large obc propping up ccl prices. Once they quit canc.... if they ever do ccl prices will drop imo. 

Rcl never offered extra obc and their fcc rules keep changing and much more restrictive so prices didnt push up like ccl did. The vista cruise my ta is booking is about $200 more than some of my week long liberty OTS cruises. I dont expect this to last. 

Ccl prices artificially propped up atm.

9 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Can you please point us to the dozen lines that are currently sailing? I'm trying to find them online and have found nothing yet.

He said a dozen cruises, not a dozen cruise lines ... not that I've counted how many cruises actually went worldwide lately. And I know I've read of more than one that had positives., not exactly going well. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Carnival is already higher than my rcl cruises, I think because of the $600 obc. That's the only reason I booked the one ccl cruise the high obc. The others are all rcl and at much lower prices than what I can book ccl at for the same number of days. ..which is unusual for rcl to be lower than ccl. Like I said I think it's the large obc propping up ccl prices. Once they quit canc.... if they ever do ccl prices will drop imo. 

Rcl never offered extra obc and their fcc rules keep changing and much more restrictive so prices didnt push up like ccl did. The vista cruise my ta is booking is about $200 more than some of my week long liberty OTS cruises. I dont expect this to last. 

Ccl prices artificially propped up atm.

Are the RCL  out of Galveston like Vista?  Because I haven't seen RCL cheaper than Carnival out of Galveston.  If you are comparing RCL non Galveston it is apples to oranges because Galveston cruises almost always cost more?   I ask because I haven't seen RCL cheaper out of Galveston on any cruise that has a chance to sail