Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

18 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Sorry, yes, since the pandemic started I seem to have lost track of time. (Every day is Blursday, lol!) April 26, 2022 is the sail date.  I see all the J4’s on the hump, which is good.  Is any one deck preferable over another for the J4?

Blursday...toooo funny!!  😄   And sooo true!  

18 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

I like 12 for easy access to the beautiful CL and just 2 floors from main deck with Coastal Kitchen, Windjammer, Solarium Bistro etc.

I am in "hump" cabin on deck 12 on Odyessey...not sure if that will be same set up?  

14 hours ago, immy619 said:

Has something changed with Key West? Radiance is showing stops at KW in 2022 and 2023.

RCI is always happy to receive those short term no interest loans.  

Me...would definitely not suggest that investment, if you are counting on visiting Key West.  

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Probably counting on the appeal being successful. 

Not going to happen.  Residents voted to ban the larger cruise ships last November by overwhelming numbers.  Unless they hold another vote to reverse, but not likely with the numbers of ban votes that happened:

In November, voters in Key West approved new amendments limiting cruise ships to 1,300 people and banning larger vessels operated by top brands like Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise Line.Jan 8, 2021

Edited by island lady

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not going to happen.  Residents voted to ban the larger cruise ships last November by overwhelming numbers.  Unless they hold another vote to reverse, but not likely with the numbers of ban votes that happened:

In November, voters in Key West approved new amendments limiting cruise ships to 1,300 people and banning larger vessels operated by top brands like Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise Line.Jan 8, 2021

And the state is considering appealing that decision

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/florida-considering-bill-to-reverse-key-west-cruise-ship-ban.html

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I saw that too.  But with 62 percent of the residents voting to ban the larger ships...do you think that will actually happen?  Kind of like the PVSA being reversed?  😉 

Several smaller ports in Maine have successfully banned the larger ships as well.  

Edited by island lady

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I saw that too.  But with 62 percent of the residents voting to ban the larger ships...do you think that will actually happen?  Kind of like the PVSA being reversed?  😉 

I don’t know whether it will happen or not but given that Royal is still planning on Key West as a port stop I think they do.

I’m not sure the % that voted for it matters, it only matters if the state has the lower to overturn it or not.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t know whether it will happen or not but given that Royal is still planning on Key West as a port stop I think they do.

im not sure the % that voted for it matters, it only matters if the state has the lower to overturn it or not.  

Yeah, just like RCI has refused to officially cancel cruises that go to Canada.  😉  They do love those dreamers and final payments.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Will be first time on Quantum class series for us.  Looking forward to the new ship in early 2022.  

I'm booked for Odyssey's TA this October.  Crossing my fingers.  We had a memorable WB TA on Quantum in 2014, her maiden crossing from Southampton to NYC.  Ship was all new and exciting!

• Like 2

Just now, MindyJohn said:

I'm booked for Odyssey's TA this October.  Crossing my fingers.  We had a memorable WB TA on Quantum in 2014, her maiden crossing from Southampton to NYC.  Ship was all new and exciting!

Cool!  I am still bummed out on the Med loops/TA on Allure (plus the Presidents cruise) we lost last October/November.  Nervous about booking anything international until late next year.  Have rebooked Allure for Oct. 2022 out of Barcelona, and still waiting on release of TA coming back in Nov. as 3rd leg.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Cool!  I am still bummed out on the Med loops/TA on Allure (plus the Presidents cruise) we lost last October/November.  Nervous about booking anything international until late next year.  Have rebooked Allure for Oct. 2022 out of Barcelona, and still waiting on release of TA coming back in Nov. as 3rd leg.  

Yes, I was also excited for the b2b with Presidents cruise.  Even though I'd heard they could be crazy with crowds of Pinnacles, I was anxious to see for myself at least once and it seemed extra special as a longer TA instead of a Caribbean itinerary.

19 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

For a 50/50 shot, I would worry about the sunshine side more.  That is just me, thinking of my DW.  I spend most of those hours on the flowrider. 😉

I've done Hawaii to Vancouver more times than I can count, and I never worried about the sun.  I am fairly warm-blooded, so I'm hoping that will tide me over.

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

There's a chance the ship will go past that stretch of coast in both directions. 

I ended up on Deck 11 hump.  Happy with my location.  The cabin category was no longer available on Deck 12.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Blursday...toooo funny!!  😄   And sooo true!  

I wish I could take credit for Blursday, but I got it from a friend, who got it from ????

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I am in "hump" cabin on deck 12 on Odyessey...not sure if that will be same set up?  

Did Royal do any major changes to their deck plans from one Quantum Class to the next?

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Agree with that!!  Radiance class is still our favorite.  Even sad to see Vision class slowly being sold off.  

Have TA on Vision next April with Aft/Corner Balcony. Since then the April Brilliance 2022 TA was released, Booked a Aft/Jr. Worried Vision might be Sold or possible one of the two Cruises Change. A lot can happen next 14 months so might just wait and see for now

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Have TA on Vision next April with Aft/Corner Balcony. Since then the April Brilliance 2022 TA was released, Booked a Aft/Jr. Worried Vision might be Sold or possible one of the two Cruises Change. A lot can happen next 14 months so might just wait and see for now

I pretty much won't book Vision unless I get can cabin #8588 or #8088.  And try to keep same one, though had to move just one time on B3B Vision last year.  One corner to the other. 😉 

On Rhapsody same thing with #8096 and #8596.  🤗

Lovely TAD in PR on Vision last January (before shut down).  

20200118_162240.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

On 2/12/2021 at 10:32 AM, travelgoddess1 said:

Sorry, yes, since the pandemic started I seem to have lost track of time. (Every day is Blursday, lol!) April 26, 2022 is the sail date.  I see all the J4’s on the hump, which is good.  Is any one deck preferable over another for the J4?

While the itinerary is not great, it seems better than the other two Hawaii sailings I looked at.  I would prefer the Radiance Class ship on this route, but it probably won’t happen.  And I’m hoping that the volcano and NaPali Coast sail by might be a place holder for an eventual port of call. I can always hope...

The SL is on deck 12 if that is a consideration for you.

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Cayman islands says no cruise ships until 2022 but you can book a cruise to there this year. There are a lot of ports still up in the air rcl sells, key west just one more. Until cruises actually resume it doesnt matter where you are booked to visit.

I have read the links too for Grand Cayman that were shared in other threads and my take is that the gov't official is giving a date and using the words crucible for Covid-vs the regular 'petri dish' analogy.  It reads more like a blanket statement.  Once cruise lines can show they can cruise safely and what that looks like, they will be in along with everybody else.  

9 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

We had a memorable WB TA on Quantum in 2014, her maiden crossing from Southampton to NYC.  Ship was all new and exciting!

I was on that one too.  Booked an Inside guarantee; was upgraded to deck 13 mid-ship Balcony.  🙂

Also on Anthem 2015 Southampton to NYC.  

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

The SL is on deck 12 if that is a consideration for you.

Since our admittance to the SL is questionable, it is no longer a priority to be close. I decided to book a cabin on a high deck (11) just for viewing purposes.  

Thanks to everyone who offered advice.  It's always appreciated.