Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

2 minutes ago, wl2cruise said:

10/29/21 is the first date she shows up. I looked at Catalina island schedule it has not been updated since 11/2020 Could be just a place holder for another ship. 

Could be ,how will it get there ?

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Could be ,how will it get there ?

All the info I have been able to gather suggest she is too tall to sail under the bridge of Americas (Panama Canal). Unless during dry dock they fix that, its around south America like Mariner in 2009

Edited by wl2cruise
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wl2cruise said:

All the info I have been able to gather suggest she is too tall to sail under the bridge of Americas (Panama Canal). Unless during dry dock they fix that, its around south America like Mariner in 2009

If it is navigator,wouldn’t you think they would us voyager?

Unless they don’t want to spend the money on voyager,it’s getting pretty sad .

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Wasn’t radiance going to Miami?

So that the northern winter I wonder where the ship would go in their summer?

Would it stay in LA year round?

Would it do Alaska?

And how would it get there? From what I understand it’s to high for the Panama Canal?

Re: Navigator port entries...  There were entries in San Pedro for Navigator or Voyager some time ago.  Do you know if these the same (old ones) or new ones?   

Nav just seems unlikely... BoA clearance is uncertain and going 'round the Horn is very unlikely.  Nav currently deployed for full 2021/22 winter season in FLL.  

Cancellation of Voyager Singapore season perhaps?  There were entries in Aussie ports suggesting Voyager repo from Singapore to LA via Sydney some time ago.  

Re: Radiance: Yes, you're right.  

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

If it is navigator,wouldn’t you think they would us voyager?

Unless they don’t want to spend the money on voyager,it’s getting pretty sad .

I would think its more likely a place holder for a ship that is currently in the Pacific region. Navigator is scheduled out of Florida until April 2022. Your guess is a good as mine. What is interesting is the berth been reserved in LA it is for post Panamax ships.

25 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Re: Navigator port entries...  There were entries in San Pedro for Navigator or Voyager some time ago.  Do you know if these the same (old ones) or new ones?   

Nav just seems unlikely... BoA clearance is uncertain and going 'round the Horn is very unlikely.  Nav currently deployed for full 2021/22 winter season in FLL.  

Cancellation of Voyager Singapore season perhaps?  There were entries in Aussie ports suggesting Voyager repo from Singapore to LA via Sydney some time ago.  

Re: Radiance: Yes, you're right.  

I went through my old screen shots and this is all I can find of voyager.

I could look in my existing attachments?

7D5CAAB5-DB3A-4986-8EB8-352A12FAF2DB.thumb.png.4ef607136f9563615e14217540fd563f.png

93C8503F-E8FF-49F4-A055-EA46ECD9A546.png

Edited by Chiliburn

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I went through my old screen shots and this is all I can find of voyager.7D5CAAB5-DB3A-4986-8EB8-352A12FAF2DB.thumb.png.4ef607136f9563615e14217540fd563f.png

93C8503F-E8FF-49F4-A055-EA46ECD9A546.png

The June ones were the Singapore via Australia repo.  More history here: 

The dates for the Voyager December entries are a bit different to the current Nav entries, so there has been more than just a ship name change.  

Hopefully this is what "Other" stands for in this week's deployment.  

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

The June ones were the Singapore via Australia repo.  More history here: 

The dates for the Voyager December entries are a bit different to the current Nav entries, so there has been more than just a ship name change.  

Hopefully this is what "Other" stands for in this week's deployment.  

I checked last month Navigators entries where not there. I am highly skeptical it is Navigator, Canceling almost a year of Sailing out of Florida to Perfect Day is beyond the "what H3LL are you doing?" IF and when any ship comes to California to based will need to accept shower power.

1 minute ago, wl2cruise said:

I checked last month Navigators entries where not there. I am highly skeptical it is Navigator, Canceling almost a year of Sailing out of Florida to Perfect Day is beyond the "what H3LL are you doing?" IF and when any ship comes to California to based will need to accept shower power.

Agreed.  

35 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

But why would they send navigator right around the world when voyager is in the pacific?

Yep. 

Maybe the idea was that Wonder would take over Spectrum's itineraries, allowing Spectrum to sail from Singapore in the northern winter, in turn making Voyager available for California/Mexico.  

If so, Wonder's delay to 2022 would have caused a re-think.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yep. 

Maybe the idea was that Wonder would take over Spectrum's itineraries, allowing Spectrum to sail from Singapore in the northern winter, in turn making Voyager available for California/Mexico.  

If so, Wonder's delay to 2022 would have caused a re-think.  

Last RCI ship to sail the Calif/Mexico itinerary was Mariner so Voyager could be an option.

54 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

But why would they send navigator right around the world when voyager is in the pacific?

Too much capacity in the Caribbean? What is the current timeline for Australia cruises to sail again?

21 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Geoff and Chiliburn, do you think that RCG will only have 2 ships in Australia for 2022/23 cruising season?

Ovation from Sydney and Quantum from Brisbane? 

This will be a decrease in capacity for Australia.

Hard to believe Sydney would have only one ship.  
If that transpires, it might be a matter of Royal expressing their disappointment that the third Sydney cruise terminal has been delayed. 
I’d have thought a second ship for Sydney is likely, but there aren’t many remaining unaccounted for.  
Your thoughts?  

Edited by geoff2802

Wonder, like the other Oasis class ships, I would think is a warm weather ship, and would not be surprised if it does come down under sometime in the future, especially when Lelepa island is opened. I do not know about 2022/23. Does anyone know what is happening to Radiance after Alaska in 2022? I just had a quick look and could not find where she is heading too. If she is still unaccounted for, it may return here. I do not think RCG will cut capacity in Australia.

14 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Wonder, like the other Oasis class ships, I would think is a warm weather ship, and would not be surprised if it does come down under sometime in the future, especially when Lelepa island is opened. I do not know about 2022/23. Does anyone know what is happening to Radiance after Alaska in 2022? I just had a quick look and could not find where she is heading too. If she is still unaccounted for, it may return here. I do not think RCG will cut capacity in Australia.

I haven’t heard of any firm plans for Radiance in 2022/23.  She’s probably the most likely choice of second ship for Sydney.  

There are no entries in Darwin’s port calendar that would indicate a ship coming from Asia late in 2022. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Sydney is a strong market and there has to be another ship.

I messaged C&A apac and they said wonder is going to China.If you can believe.

Circular quay is currently being dredged and the birth box is being enlarged.

OPT can’t offload 5,000 and reload 5,000 in a day.  It would be a shambles.  
But.... they could interport with Brisbane.  If two thirds of passengers turn over in Sydney, it could work ok.  Same setup as Rome and Barcelona.  
But surely won’t happen until Lelepa is open.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Shutdown extended till at least June.

I think it well dependce on the country and the state. Lockdown is not that harsh in many states and cities. I think it depends on the number of people living there. Metrapolis is the one that has the most painfull lockdown

• Like 1