Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

Just now, island lady said:

Me too.  Was to do exact same thing for cancelled 2 Med loops, staying on for the TA on Allure this last Oct./Nov.   And then they made the one loop the President's cruise, well after I booked it.  Wonder if they will try for another President's cruise at some time?  

I decided to play it safe and not even attempt anything that is not "drive to" until the end of 2022.  Tired of not just the cruise cancellations...but the flights and hotels as well.  😮 

I just don't think things will be settled enough by October this year for an international trip. Our next cruise is January 2022 eastern Caribbean. Also Allure WB TA 2022 is $3k less for the same cabin. Just makes more sense at this point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I just don't think things will be settled enough by October this year for an international trip. Our next cruise is January 2022 eastern Caribbean. Also Allure WB TA 2022 is $3k less for the same cabin. Just makes more sense at this point.

We paid $60 more for an Owner's Suite on next year's Allure WB TA than we did for our Grand Suite on last year's cancelled TA.  A win-win for us!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I don't either.  Fully expect my two May cruises to be cancelled at anytime now, but still have slim hope for 11/28 B2B on Harmony this year.  At least it is only a 20 minute drive for us to get there. 😉 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Teeara said:

We paid $60 more for an Owner's Suite on next year's Allure WB TA than we did for our Grand Suite on last year's cancelled TA.  A win-win for us!

We may opt to upgrade for that one...but am so tired of all the cancellations...I just played it safe for now.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Indeed everything  I have seen is way more pricey.  I booked CLS for almost three times the normal going price as previously on Harmony end of the year.  😮 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the pricing.  They have a lot of losses to make up for.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yup, just like when all of us receive higher insurance rates after a hurricane, or other natural disasters, even if it was no where near us.  😮   

We thought so as well, then I looked at pricing that we booked for our existing cruises on Harmony (all but one were booked onboard as soon as they were released), and while the new pricing is a bit higher, it's not out of range of what we'd see in a typical YOY price inflation.

All in the same JS on Harmony (we're creatures of habit):

Nov 2021 - $4286 (Thanksgiving week)

Jan 2022 - $3876

Feb 2022 - $4095 (Valentines Day)

April 2022 B2B1 - $4507 (Easter Sunday)

April 2022 B2B2 - $4277 (L&S from March 2021

New booking for Jan 2023 - 4544

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

I booked at 5:30 this morning, opened the roll call at 7 a.m., had the spreadsheet set up at 7:30 and switched cabins at 8 a.m. ;o)))  Where have YOU been? LOL!  You have to expand my signature to see the spreadsheet, but it's the same one that I used for the 2020 cruise.

Teeara,

Sounds great!  It's not the fabulous 2020 Allure TA you worked hard on but we'll take whatever cruise we can get now.  Looking forward to cruising with you and thanks much for doing the spreadsheet again!

Donna & Anthony

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Teeara,

Sounds great!  It's not the fabulous 2020 Allure TA you worked hard on but we'll take whatever cruise we can get now.  Looking forward to cruising with you and thanks much for doing the spreadsheet again!

Donna & Anthony

Come on over to the roll call!  It's open for business ;o)  Just make sure you're on the 2022 one, NOT the 2020 one!

13 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Panama Canal, Oct 2022 on Serenade!!! Got Mine!

Was thinking about this all night and booked this morning...Love that it's leaving just a short drive from us....at our home port...finally get to sail out of San Pedro again...this port is where it all started many years ago.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

We just grabbed some Serenade sailings for December 2022 and March 2023.............got our fav JS and pricing looked "fair"..............checked the Harmony and it was quite a bit higher for similar dates. We love the Radiance class ships and who knows how much longer they will be around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We just grabbed some Serenade sailings for December 2022 and March 2023.............got our fav JS and pricing looked "fair"..............checked the Harmony and it was quite a bit higher for similar dates. We love the Radiance class ships and who knows how much longer they will be around.

Hi Gary...I did email you again this morning when I saw the new itineraries come out.  🙂 

We will probably try to reprise our lost Aussie adventure for spring of 2023.  Though instead of February this time...will probably delay until March due to little sister's big birthday mid February.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Hi Gary...I did email you again this morning when I saw the new itineraries come out.  🙂 

We will probably try to reprise our lost Aussie adventure for spring of 2023.  Though instead of February this time...will probably delay until March due to little sister's big birthday mid February.  

You have "mail" too!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Called RC asking about the Grandeur Barbabados to Galveston repositioning.  The rep I talked to said it is bookable, even though I couldn't find it on the website yet.  So happy to have booked it!

It has a great itinerary, only 3 sea days,  April 24 - May 4, 2022.

24 APR 25 APR 26 APR 27 APR 28 APR 29 APR 30 APR 01 MAY 02 MAY 03 MAY 04 MAY

BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS

ST. GEORGE'S, GRENADA

KRALENDIJK, BONAIRE

WILLEMSTAD, CURACAO CRUISING

COLON, PANAMA
PUERTO LIMON, COSTA RICA CRUISING
COZUMEL, MEXICO CRUISING
GALVESTON, TEXAS

(I did have to cancel the  May 1 Liberty sailing that had a low balcony rate - but I couldn't pass up the itinerary above.)

Edited by BSocial
added ship!
  • Like 1

Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not Royal will have itineraries in Winter 2022 out of Barbados like they do this coming winter?  I know all the itins are not out yet and I see most of the Vision Class ships are not scheduled for December 2022 yet.  TIA

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Just booked the 10 night Panama canal cruise on Serenade out of Tampa for February 2023

You may want to double check this. It's titled "Panama Canal Cruise" but that's not reflected anywhere in the itinerary (that I could see)...

I am now seeing Jan-April 2023 Caribbean cruises 7 nights on the RC site. 

As predicted, All are on Oasis class except Voyager out of San Juan and Serenade out of Tampa. 

Can see pricing on several itineraries but get an error when I try to look at details for Voyager cruises. 

1 minute ago, SG65CB said:

I am now seeing Jan-April 2023 Caribbean cruises 7 nights on the RC site. 

As predicted, All are on Oasis class except Voyager out of San Juan and Serenade out of Tampa. 

Can see pricing on several itineraries but get an error when I try to look at details for Voyager cruises. 

I just posted about that.. I am getting that error also.

• Like 1