Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

2 hours ago, Salo said:

I wonder if there's not going to be any cruises from San Juan in September 2022? There are some this year but none for 2022 I can find.

I'm booked on a B2B out of San Juan March 2022 on Explorer which was originally going to be Freedom.

I believe nothing has been released yet after April 2022....keep checking.

56 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm booked on a B2B out of San Juan March 2022 on Explorer which was originally going to be Freedom.

I believe nothing has been released yet after April 2022....keep checking.

What worries me is that there are some cruises from SJ starting November 2022. I was really hoping for a September cruise!

Is Radiance accounted for after Alaska 2022?  I believe she is not expected to return to Australia.  
Perhaps this is a more likely ship for Pacific coastals and Mexico for winter 2022/23.  
I don’t know how expensive the short power retrofit would be for any of the ships.  

1 minute ago, geoff2802 said:

Is Radiance accounted for after Alaska 2022?  I believe she is not expected to return to Australia.  
Perhaps this is a more likely ship for Pacific coastals and Mexico for winter 2022/23.  
I don’t know how expensive the short power retrofit would be for any of the ships.  

There must be another ship destined for the pacific. I cant see only Ovation serving sydney.

I had hopes Wonder May do a brief visit to sydney but I messaged RC and the said it’s definitely going to China.

13 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Radiance or Navigator from the west coast would be fine....actually any RCI ship :classic_wink:

• Like 5

16 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah, running out Ships after this weeks Preload for next week release

What ships/destinations did you see on the preload?  I'm wondering what Australia-Asia will look like in early 2023.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

What ships/destinations did you see on the preload?  I'm wondering what Australia-Asia will look like in early 2023.

Come and join us on the Serenade repo from Vancouver to Tampa in September of 2022...............maybe do some TRASH talking?????

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

Come and join us on the Serenade repo from Vancouver to Tampa in September of 2022...............maybe do some TRASH talking?????

That repo will be epic!!!  Currently I have a couple other long ones for Fall 2022 - Voyager's Arctic TA and Brilliance from Rome to Tampa.  But it makes me smile to imagine resuming TRASH talking in January 2023 on Serenade!

25 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Sorry, was just the Long Caribbean sailings loaded last week for this week. They had one of each ship sailing as been doing, so heads up week before Asia release. I almost took the Rome/Tamps next yr Brilliance, decent SOLO price but chose the Oct 2022 Panama Canal. Also already have Brilliance Tampa/Rome next Spring...

59 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

I am "not so patiently" waiting for release of 2023 Australia season also.  Need to rebook my dashed bucket list trip of this year.  😮 

On 3/5/2021 at 9:50 AM, cruise wizard said:

Maybe your cruising prayers have been answered!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well with you and are able to get your vaccine shots.

I am all vaccinated and immunity is built up.  Now I'm sitting at home, just like before being vaccinated, waiting for cruising to start up again.  Hope you and Mary are well.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:49 AM, Ashland said:

And was why I was quick to grab the Serenade PC Oct 2022 out of San Pedro ... so excited to sail from my home port again after many years.

I'm doing my bucket list trip during this time period -- Galapagos and MP, canceled last September. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I am all vaccinated and immunity is built up.  Now I'm sitting

I'm doing my bucket list trip during this time period -- Galapagos and MP, canceled last September. Fingers crossed.

Wow that's on my bucket list too ...some day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I am all vaccinated and immunity is built up.  Now I'm sitting at home, just like before being vaccinated, waiting for cruising to start up again.  Hope you and Mary are well.

We have had our two vaccine shots and like you................sitting at home and waiting for cruising to start up. Currently have 35 booked - May looks like a zero chance (minus 2), July on Celebrity pretty "iffy (minus 2) and our Jewels out of Boston for Canada & New England are on a "wait & see" (minus 3) - so 28 might have a chance!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

We have had our two vaccine shots and like you................sitting at home and waiting for cruising to start up. Currently have 35 booked - May looks like a zero chance (minus 2), July on Celebrity pretty "iffy (minus 2) and our Jewels out of Boston for Canada & New England are on a "wait & see" (minus 3) - so 28 might have a chance!!!!!!!!!!

After slogging my way through multiple cruise, hotel, and airline cancellations, and having to fight with Hawaiian Air and Air Canada over refunds, I am very wary of booking anything at the moment. I just can't handle all the paperwork and useless phone calls.  But I can't leave money on the table, either. 

9 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Fabulous trip! You will love it. We did a land tour of Peru in 2019, including MP. Unfortunately, we suffered altitude sickness the entire time, despite taking the pills. We are still so happy we went. 

4 minutes ago, RoamingRetirees said:

Fabulous trip! You will love it. We did a land tour of Peru in 2019, including MP. Unfortunately, we suffered altitude sickness the entire time, despite taking the pills. We are still so happy we went. 

It's still 19 months out, and I'm not getting any younger, lol!  I hope things can return to some semblance of normal by September, 2022, and that I'm not too old to go. I've been reading up on altitude sickness.  I've never had it and understand it can be debilitating, so I'm hoping for the best.

Edited by travelgoddess1

2 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

It's still 19 months out, and I'm not getting any younger, lol!  I hope things can return to some semblance of normal by September, 2022, and that I'm not too old to go. I've been reading up on altitude sickness.  I've never had it and understand it can be debilitating, so I'm hoping for the best.

We didn't let it stop us. We just followed our body and took it slowly. Our guide was excellent and made sure we were ok. There were times we rested and didn't climb as high as others did. We actually went to Lake Titicacca after MP, which is even higher altitude. We enjoyed it all. You will be amazed at MP.  It is rather precarious, so take a walking stick. It came in very handy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Sorry, was just the Long Caribbean sailings loaded last week for this week. They had one of each ship sailing as been doing, so heads up week before Asia release. I almost took the Rome/Tamps next yr Brilliance, decent SOLO price but chose the Oct 2022 Panama Canal. Also already have Brilliance Tampa/Rome next Spring...

Looking forward to a 2023 Asia release.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

I believe I saw somewhere that the cost to enable shore power was over $1.5 million.

3 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Well spotted.  I see the first Navigator entry is Oct 29.  

I see a single turnaround call for Radiance on Oct 1st 2021 as well.  Not sure if this is new.  

Wasn’t radiance going to Miami?

So that the northern winter I wonder where the ship would go in their summer?

Would it stay in LA year round?

Would it do Alaska?

And how would it get there? From what I understand it’s to high for the Panama Canal?