Problems with on board credit with Carnival

Sea-Bos

We had a 7-day booked for July. Cancellation= $600 On board credit.  We then booked a 5-day.  It was cancelled and our OBC for our next, 7-day cruise is $300 based on previous cruise (which I may not book).  So, we have lost $300 in OBC.  IDK. Makes me a little hesitant to book again.  Opinions?  (It isn't the money but the principal.)

You know, when I was booking from a rebook the other day, the agent told me that the rebooked reverted back to the the original. In other words, original cruise cancelled, rebooked cancelled, but the rebook of the rebook no longer existed, that the se ond rebook was linked to the original cruise. 

Maybe you want to call again?

24 minutes ago, Sea-Bos said:

We had a 7-day booked for July. Cancellation= $600 On board credit.  We then booked a 5-day.  It was cancelled and our OBC for our next, 7-day cruise is $300 based on previous cruise (which I may not book).  So, we have lost $300 in OBC.  IDK. Makes me a little hesitant to book again.  Opinions?  (It isn't the money but the principal.)

Call and ask another agent.  If this is true...not nice.

Idk but that's why I didnt rebook canc august cruise. All they look at is the number of days of the current canc cruise. Since you applied it to a shorter cruise, idk if you can win this war. Terms state the obc is based on the current cruise that was cancelled. Idk if you can get them to give you more obc based on 2 cruises ago canc, but worth a shot. Give them a call.

Mine clearly says based on CURRENT canc cruise. 

20200813_170220551.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk but that's why I didnt rebook canc august cruise. All they look at is the number of days of the current canc cruise. Since you applied it to a shorter cruise, idk if you can win this war. Terms state the obc is based on the current cruise that was cancelled. Idk if you can get them to give you more obc based on 2 cruises ago canc, but worth a shot. Give them a call.

Mine clearly says based on CURRENT canc cruise. 

20200813_170220551.jpeg

They for sure have more ways to get every penny than the IRS does

Thank you all. Part warning, part whining. Talked to 2 agents. Going to try and talk my husband into a train trip. We have awhile to decide and I really want to see how things transpire.  

Train 🤷🏼‍♀️ New experience and we can do it now.

1 hour ago, Bgcruising said:

You know, when I was booking from a rebook the other day, the agent told me that the rebooked reverted back to the the original. In other words, original cruise cancelled, rebooked cancelled, but the rebook of the rebook no longer existed, that the se ond rebook was linked to the original cruise. 

Maybe you want to call again?

Was it Carnival? Just annoyed and going to wait.  This was just a “trial cruise.” Prefer the Caribbean and if we wait we can see how it shakes out. 

When you call Carnival again, ask to speak to someone in the Resolution Department. They would have the most power to give you the $600 OBC from the first cancelled cruise which I think is fair. When I called today about a cancellation that got screwed up they transferred me to the Resolution Department to get it straightened out. 

Like yours, the cruise was a double reschedule from April 4th to July 25th to March 27th. I had two cabins booked and my daughter’s family decided they don’t want to cruise for the foreseeable future. They were able to refund all payments for their cabin back to my CC, including the FCC generated from the first cancelled cruise and the non refundable deposit for the March cruise. They also cancelled my cabin and moved the FCC and $600 OBC to an existing booking I have for May 8, 2021. I had already called the Fun Shops to move the Cheers package I purchased during the 20% off sale to the May cruise. 

It’s worth a shot and I think it would be a smart move by Carnival to encourage you to rebook rather than request a refund. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, LaRue1975 said:

When you call Carnival again, ask to speak to someone in the Resolution Department. They would have the most power to give you the $600 OBC from the first cancelled cruise which I think is fair. When I called today about a cancellation that got screwed up they transferred me to the Resolution Department to get it straightened out. 

Like yours, the cruise was a double reschedule from April 4th to July 25th to March 27th. I had two cabins booked and my daughter’s family decided they don’t want to cruise for the foreseeable future. They were able to refund all payments for their cabin back to my CC, including the FCC generated from the first cancelled cruise and the non refundable deposit for the March cruise. They also cancelled my cabin and moved the FCC and $600 OBC to an existing booking I have for May 8, 2021. I had already called the Fun Shops to move the Cheers package I purchased during the 20% off sale to the May cruise. 

It’s worth a shot and I think it would be a smart move by Carnival to encourage you to rebook rather than request a refund. Good luck! 

Thank you. I didn’t know who to talk to and was frustrated.  Everyone I spoke with said “I agree, but I can’t do anything about it.”  I will keep you posted!  

I think our last Carnival Cruise was Nov 2018 (?) We went to the Panama Canal last fall on Holland. We had a young, healthy crowd for Holland. 😉