Staterooms on Renovated Motor Yachts

Host Jazzbeau

Found this which shows everything including the new porthole cabins.  Use the link and scroll down the page to Yacht Facts then click on virtual deck plan by clicking on the dot that will bring up the staterooms and other areas of the ship Once you click on the dot, then click on the icon for full screen and the virtual tour comes up

https://www.windstarcruises.com/ships/star-breeze/

Edited by CulverCityCruisers
correction
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Deluxe Suite

We stayed in the new deluxe suite on deck 5 (531). It is a good use of space but had some drawbacks as well. 

Pros:

Liked having both a picture window by the couch and a balcony by the bed (deluxe Suite on deck 4 has no balcony).

Good central location - heard no noise from the elevator.

Great dressing room/closet

Cons:

There is both a tub (with a shower) ad a walk in shower. The walk in shower is extremely tight (2 ft by 3 ft with all the hardware smack in the middle).

Location of the bathroom is odd. It is by the front door and not connected to the bedroom.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 6:28 PM, Nearpost345 said:

Has anyone stayed in this suite or any of other new suites on deck three? I’m interested in any reports.

Thank you. 
I should add that tendering is not expected on our upcoming cruise.

We just got back from the March 29th sailing of the Legend. We were in SP 308. Here are the facts pertaining to 308.

1. On the deck plan there is a little white wheelchair symbol next to 308. Must be a misprint. There are no "accessible" modifications. Standard suite, bed and bathroom.

2. On the deck plan there is a note that says the queen size bed is NOT able to be twins. Also not true. It is, in 308, the usual 2 twins with required hump in the middle. Standard  new "Star Suite" furniture. It had a cozy/comfy feel despite being the same size as the other suites.

3. Fortunately we only had one tender day. The deck plan shows the tender loading station next to 308. For that day, it was very intrusive. The loaded tender was right necpxt to our three windows, right at eye level.

4. AC is important to me, especially after being lucky enough to sail on the Pride and Legend, post stretch, in the Caribbean and no AC. SP 308 was the best AC ever on any of our WS cruises.

I would definitely sail in an SP again. In fact, if the AC is consistently strong down there, I prefer the SP category.

• Thanks 3

Thank you for posting your SP cabin review mrgacruzr! We will be in an SP cabin on the the Pride, 303, and I couldn't find hardly any reviews or photos (other than the Windstar photo) of these cabins.

Glad you enjoyed the room, it's A/C, and I'm sure you enjoyed the bit of extra savings. We are usually only in our room for sleeping and showering, so the SP cabin sounded perfect for us.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just returned 2023 from "Around Iceland" on Star Legend, Cabin 527. Seemed the same cabin as before the stretch, even to having only one 120 volt outlet. (I travel with plenty of Shuco adapters, but I know this is a problem for others.) Large bed very comfortable, no perceptible ridge in the middle. The bed does come close to the bathroom door, but we prefer having the living area by the panoramic fixed window. Nice enough pillows. Duvet with two sheets. Very good cabin care.

Air conditioning could not keep up with sunshine on our window side. Acceptable on other days. Huge rectangular shower stall with rain and handheld options, loads of pressure and hot water. The shower floor was laid wrong in the shipyard, so the steward has to squeegee 1.5 cm of water from the end without the drain when he cleaned the room. No problem with the drain itself. (Round drain, centered under faucet, not linear like American mini-mansions.)

Minibar refrigerator is so full that I could barely fit a single tetrapack of soymilk (but the ship has plenty of soymilk anyway.) Life Jackets were not required to be worn during the safety drill. Facial masking 2% or less of passengers. No captain's dinner on our run (not complaining, just reporting. But I brought a tie.) Deck Barbecue was Wednesday LUNCH, had to be moved to Amphora because of Iceland rain. Perfectly nice there.

It seemed like the vacant cabin (198 passengers on ship) beside us (common hallway niche) was perhaps offered to meritorious crew members (???). We heard the door slamming ten times a day, but never at night. Looked unoccupied every time the door happened to be left open.

On 7/11/2023 at 3:07 PM, CruiseOrLand said:

Just returned 2023 from "Around Iceland" on Star Legend, Cabin 527. Seemed the same cabin as before the stretch, even to having only one 120 volt outlet. (I travel with plenty of Shuco adapters, but I know this is a problem for others.) Large bed very comfortable, no perceptible ridge in the middle. The bed does come close to the bathroom door, but we prefer having the living area by the panoramic fixed window. Nice enough pillows. Duvet with two sheets. Very good cabin care.

Air conditioning could not keep up with sunshine on our window side. Acceptable on other days. Huge rectangular shower stall with rain and handheld options, loads of pressure and hot water. The shower floor was laid wrong in the shipyard, so the steward has to squeegee 1.5 cm of water from the end without the drain when he cleaned the room. No problem with the drain itself. (Round drain, centered under faucet, not linear like American mini-mansions.)

Minibar refrigerator is so full that I could barely fit a single tetrapack of soymilk (but the ship has plenty of soymilk anyway.) Life Jackets were not required to be worn during the safety drill. Facial masking 2% or less of passengers. No captain's dinner on our run (not complaining, just reporting. But I brought a tie.) Deck Barbecue was Wednesday LUNCH, had to be moved to Amphora because of Iceland rain. Perfectly nice there.

It seemed like the vacant cabin (198 passengers on ship) beside us (common hallway niche) was perhaps offered to meritorious crew members (???). We heard the door slamming ten times a day, but never at night. Looked unoccupied every time the door happened to be left open.

Interesting AC had problems on sunny days— do they have that problem in the Caribbean too?

• 1 month later...

We recently disembarked from Star Breeze, cabin 524, an original balcony room. The location was perfect, just forward of the new stairwell that directly accesses the tender/zodiac launch on deck 3.  We had a good view of the tendering process, but never any noise/bother from the equipment.  There were times we had issues with the temperature in the room.  Being in Alaska, we needed to get the chill out of the room, but the heat either didn’t kick in or kicked in all the way to max.  It took a few days to get the right balance.  And our shower seemed not to drain properly.  Engineering told us they “cleared a clog,” but our stateroom attendant told us to ignore Engineering!  There was no clog; the tiles in the shower are not properly sloped towards the drain opening.  Water went down freely but would puddle a bit.  I used my foot as a squeegee after a shower and all was good.

• Thanks 1

Looking at deck plans for Star Pride. What is the black rectangle between cabins 428 and 430? It is also on decks 3, 5 and 6.

Also does anyone know if the cabins listed with a 3rd berth mean only that it's a sofa sleeper instead of a regular sofa? Are both the sofa and sofa bed the same size?

Having only sailed on the sailing yachts but looking at Star Pride this January.

3 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

Looking at deck plans for Star Pride. What is the black rectangle between cabins 428 and 430? It is also on decks 3, 5 and 6.

It's this:

4 hours ago, RemPuck said:

the new stairwell that directly accesses the tender/zodiac launch on deck 3.

• 5 months later...
On 4/12/2023 at 9:51 AM, morgan5 said:

Thank you for posting your SP cabin review mrgacruzr! We will be in an SP cabin on the the Pride, 303, and I couldn't find hardly any reviews or photos (other than the Windstar photo) of these cabins.

Glad you enjoyed the room, it's A/C, and I'm sure you enjoyed the bit of extra savings. We are usually only in our room for sleeping and showering, so the SP cabin sounded perfect for us.

Glad I saw this post re: one of the SP cabins...considering these for a Boston to San Juan cruise in the fall of 2024.  Did the tenders affect your view or noise level in Cabin 303?  and did you hear noise from the anchor?  This cruise has several days of tendering.