Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

When we were on the Bliss in 2019 the race track was 15$ for a 10 minute  ride. They were having problems with 2 cars and it did not look fun so we never tried it. We are on the Bliss again in December so we might try it then. The Bliss is a lovely ship but the pool and deck are tiny. We spent most of our time in the spa and observation deck

• Like 1

I am LOVING that hull art!  It's not over the top like on the Joy and Encore.  Of the BA/BA+ ships, I really like the art on Breakaway (while colorful it has some real meaning to it, displaying tourist sights from her first home port), Getaway, and my favorite is the Bliss.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Credit: HAL's captainkev1n on Instagram

Screenshot (58).png

Tomorrow ist the take over for HAL. Then the HAL ship should leave.

right aside the yellow crane it seems that there are blocks with window/ balcony? Maybe for Leo 2

Edited by Steff79

1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

Tomorrow ist the take over for HAL. Then the HAL ship should leave.

right aside the yellow crane it seems that there are blocks with window/ balcony? Maybe for Leo 2

We should check in on Leo 2, perhaps she's already underway?

11 hours ago, hallux said:

I am LOVING that hull art!  It's not over the top like on the Joy and Encore.  Of the BA/BA+ ships, I really like the art on Breakaway (while colorful it has some real meaning to it, displaying tourist sights from her first home port), Getaway, and my favorite is the Bliss.

I adore the Joy hull art! It's so... joyful.

The Encore hull art is not good. I wasn't enthused by the new Spirit art, which reminds me of a low-key version of Encore's.

Prima's hull is beautiful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

I adore the Joy hull art! It's so... joyful.

I love the Joy's hull art as well.  Joy was the last ship I cruised b4 the stupid Covid came along and, as of right now, it will be the first ship I cruise on after as well.   

It's not just about the hull art though, I found the interior beautiful as well.   I'm hoping some of  the original staff/crew will be on board too.  So friendly and professional at the same time.  Go Joy. 

So looking forward to my next cruise on Joy.  

• Like 1

Prima had some similarity with a pike in some of the renders, from this angle her lines are quite gentle! Taken from the HAL ship was handed over today, not much to see but just a nice picture.

In the coming week(s) we might get to see what our discoveries will be..

Screenshot (59).png

• Like 3

Prima had some similarity with a pike in some of the renders, from this angle her lines are quite gentle! Taken from the HAL ship was handed over today, not much to see but just a nice picture.

In the coming week(s) we might get to see what our discoveries will be..

I've been wondering about some things regarding the Leonardo class ships, which I know the only way to have answers is to sit in on a meeting of the board of directors of NCL.

1.  With six new ships either being built or on order, is NCL planning on expanding their fleet, or scrapping some of their older ships?  Or something in between?  NCL's oldest ships are running up on the 25 year average working life of a cruise ship.

2.  I find it interesting that NCL is not participating in the race to build the next world's largest cruise ship, and is actually going smaller.  Are they trying to go more upscale?  And if so, I'm sure this means cruise fares will rise.

3.  Or is there more of a demand for ships in the ~3,000 passenger range?  Has the cruise industry reached the limit as to what the cruising public wants in the size of a ship?

4.  Since the ships have fewer passengers, will there be even more extra cost activities?  NCL will have to make up the costs somewhere.

5.  I know that the Leonardo class ships were planned long before the pandemic, but with more public space, the timing of Prima starting its life just as cruising is starting up again has to be working in NCL's favor.  It's easier to be spread out from other people.  It will be interesting to see how NCL markets the larger cabins and public spaces.

I know that given time, the answers will come out, and anything else is purely speculation.

• Like 4