Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

I can see my cabin for my September 23 TA cruise.  Forward facing suite just under the bridge.  But I have a huge concern:  They left the patio door open. Can someone tell them to shut the door as I don't want to have to clean a mess if it rains   😁😁😁😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It seems part of the funnel was made by Fincantieri Trieste, at first I thought I was losing my mind; :classic_blink: discovering another Leonardo in an advanced phase of construction, working on the funnel panels, but it turned out to be the funnel block which was probably ferried over in the last two weeks to Venice for Prima. :classic_biggrin:

Two clips from Trieste, just showing for the fun(nel) of it.

• Like 3

Freestylenovice find the Great pics 👍👍

great to see her now. 

one thing I I don‘t know but hard to explain. 
at the end of the maybe Observation lounge, on top of her, above the next deck. There is a white structure, not sure to what this belongs ?? 
some Theorie was there some slide??

86125803-95ED-444B-A48C-093901BC403C.thumb.jpeg.9b5c6d9a745d8bd1bb6a063cef72bb3b.jpeg

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

The forward slide appeared in the 2017 renders, there were support poles visible in the render photos on the forward top deck.

On the black and white leak there's also a U-shaped slide visible on top of the what you call observation lounge.

Still waiting for the intern to accidentally upload the final deck plans. :classic_happy:

• Like 1

Hope for a observation lounge,

the seaview has the Yachtclub lounge at the two Decks over the bridge .there is outdoor space on top of the Bridge. That area is awesome. 

but with the spa cabins there I think it could be the spa with a outdoor area? But we will see.  Hope for some information from ncl the next days, weeks, years, who know. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

But we will see.  Hope for some information from ncl the next days, weeks, years, who know. 

The Prima should be godmothored by CruiseCritic as NCL neglected her, no coin ceremony, not a keel laying press release, not a first paint brush with the artist of the hull art.. I wonder who will report on her float out this summer.. :classic_ninja::classic_laugh:

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

Hope for a observation lounge,

the seaview has the Yachtclub lounge at the two Decks over the bridge .there is outdoor space on top of the Bridge. That area is awesome. 

but with the spa cabins there I think it could be the spa with a outdoor area? But we will see.  Hope for some information from ncl the next days, weeks, years, who know. 

They beat their own record for the fastest sell-out of cabins for a new ship.  Even the 2023 cruises are already recording way above avearage sales.  So even with more than half of the information available (except for the Haven), people are frantic about securing a room on the Prima despite high prices.  So they don't feel a rush to release additional information.

We will have to wait and see next spring when they will release bookings for 2023 sailings on the Leonardo 2.  

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 1:44 PM, gardening_guy said:

I don’t understand why the family suite on 16 isn’t flagged as “obstructed view”.  Of course I struggle with the NCL website and perhaps I’m missing that somewhere. 

Agreed. Something as large as a slide in front of your balcony should absolutely be disclosed. 

We initially had one of those suites and upgraded to an aft Haven cabin when we learned of the possible slides.

It looks like NCL is making good money with the go-kart track on the Bliss and the Encore so they continue to put one on the Prima class ships.

Question for the experts:  They said that the 6 new ships will all be part of the Prima Class.  Does that mean they will all be "almost" identical or there is room for changes?   For instance, the race track.  Is it possible that it would be on a couple of the Prima class ships but not on the others?

6 identical ships would remove the interest of sailing on all of them.  I like the differences between ships

• Like 1

@BenCoudonjust look at the Breakaway and Breakaway+ ships (Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Bliss, Encore, Joy, the last 3 of which are the BA+ ships).  There is room for variation among the ships in the class, yes, but they are largely similar. 

Does this mean a later ship won't have the track?  That remains to be seen as the track was ADDED when the Breakaway+ ships were built, but I suppose it's possible it could be removed on a later ship.

I have not sailed much on the mega ships.  Only on the Getaway (lovely) and the Epic (horrible)

I was booked on the Escape this fall but got cancelled.  I am booked on the Bliss this January

Most of my cruises were on smaller ships,  Star (many times) Sun, Jade and one or 2 other small ones

Looking forward for the Prima, which is between the mega and the smalls

11 minutes ago, hallux said:

@BenCoudonjust look at the Breakaway and Breakaway+ ships (Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Bliss, Encore, Joy, the last 3 of which are the BA+ ships).  There is room for variation among the ships in the class, yes, but they are largely similar. 

Does this mean a later ship won't have the track?  That remains to be seen as the track was ADDED when the Breakaway+ ships were built, but I suppose it's possible it could be removed on a later ship.

Escape is also a Breakaway Plus class, and it has an extended (2 level) ropes course rather than the race track.

The Breakaway/Breakaway plus ships show how a class can progress. Whilst the main differences  between the originals and the plus, there are significant differences between the Escape and Encore for example.

As for Leonardo, I will be extremely surprised if all 6 of them have the racetrack. My guess would be that only two or three will.

Race track was only one example.  My years of rope wall, race track, water slides and other similar are behind me.  So this is not a criteria for me to select a ship. 

@deliver42  With the prima, for what they already announced, your wishes were heard.  Open spaces seems to be the leading concept of the Prima Class ships.  Looking forward to use the Observation deck on the Bliss

I was very much against the go karts, until I rode it on the Bliss in Alaska. We were just pulling out of Juneau and it was the coolest thing. It’s something I really enjoyed and felt was appropriate for the cooler destinations.  Not sure how I feel about it on the Prima, as it seems a slightly more upscale ship, but I will enjoy it on our trip to Iceland and Norway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

What's the cost to ride one of the karts?

I'm waiting to hear was Carnival is going to charge for their "roller coaster" (BOLT).

Tom

I watched on you-tube a video that was a walk around the Bliss.  It was mentioned that the cost was $10.00 for an 8 minute ride

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BenCoudon said:

I watched on you-tube a video that was a walk around the Bliss.  It was mentioned that the cost was $10.00 for an 8 minute ride

I enjoyed 3 races on the Bliss in 2019. last race was the worst though with only 3 cars.  The lady was a huge problem, too slow and wouldn't stay right to allow me to pass.  The prior 2 races had a group of kids that had unlimited passes and they were good.  Much more fun trying to keep up with fast racers than tailgating a slow one.  I am up for a Prima race in September.  Maybe we can have a roll call race 🙂

Tom

• Like 2