MSC Bump Passengers

casofilia

This appeared on the Princess board and I thought people on here would be interested.

This is what all the cruise lines need to do when they resume cruising in 2021 or they can expect another COVID19 outbreak on board which will end cruising until a vaccine is approved. 

If passengers ignore health and safety protocols then leave them in the next port.

https://cruiseradio.net/kicked-off-cruise-line-boots-guests-for-ignoring-new-protocols/

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, casofilia said:

This appeared on the Princess board and I thought people on here would be interested.

This is what all the cruise lines need to do when they resume cruising in 2021 or they can expect another COVID19 outbreak on board which will end cruising until a vaccine is approved. 

If passengers ignore health and safety protocols then leave them in the next port.

https://cruiseradio.net/kicked-off-cruise-line-boots-guests-for-ignoring-new-protocols/

image.png.c988e6dd9dc827442012e77e5b37c734.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

Only right.  They were putting the recovery of the whole industry in jeopardy by their actions, and they were warned in advance of the rules.

Rules are only made for everyone but us! That is the thinking for a lot of people.

2 minutes ago, linbobky said:

Rules are only made for everyone but us! That is the thinking for a lot of people.

I work as a retail manager and I deal with this line of thinking every single day. I’m glad they booted that family. Get over yourself and follow the rules or don’t go. It’s stuff like this that makes me believe US won’t be sailing anytime soon. Me, me, me is the wrong attitude to have. 

• Like 10

Airlines are doing the same. Recently someone refused to ware their mask once they were on the plane. When they got to their next airport, they were refused boarding on their connecting flight, leaving them stranded. They got irate and hit the agent that refused them boarding and now face more problems than being on the no fly list. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, casofilia said:

It's about time cruise lines made rules that they actually enforce.

• Like 3

100% the right course of action.

The behaviour of that family not only put the health of every other passenger at risk , but also risked the current and next couple of cruises being  completely cancelled.

Extremely selfish and irresponsible behaviour , and an example of how difficult it is for countries to relax restrictions and still keep the virus at a manageable level.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

It's about time cruise lines made rules that they actually enforce.

Agree 100%.  Maybe a silver lining to all this is the cruise lines will learn that they actually can enforce ALL of their rules.  

I can hope, can't I?

• Like 4

But, as people have noted above, this will be a major issue on US-boarded cruises if it is still in effect.  Too many US citizens are screaming that groceries and big box stores cannot tell them to wear a mask.  For some reason, they claim it violates their first amendment rights.  Never saw the "freedom to go without a mask" in that amendment.  Perhaps I have an abridged version. 

The biggest issue most people do not understand is that these are private businesses and they can enforce rules such as this.  Particularly the cruise lines, since only one ship in the industry is US-registered.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ellasmomanddad said:

I hear ya’ll, but doesn’t it bother anybody that the msc protocols means that if you want to get on land you pay triple the price. There protocol essentially creates a monopoly, they can charge whatever they want by threat.

Is there any evidence showing that the cruise lines are charging triple the price for the same excursion available privately, or by saying "triple the price" are you just exaggerating for effect?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ellasmomanddad said:

I hear ya’ll, but doesn’t it bother anybody that the msc protocols means that if you want to get on land you pay triple the price. There protocol essentially creates a monopoly, they can charge whatever they want by threat.

It would have been nice to have all the facts about the MSC excursion policy before posting.

MSC offers at least one free excursion in each port to passengers (depends on cabin type).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Is there any evidence showing that the cruise lines are charging triple the price for the same excursion available privately, or by saying "triple the price" are you just exaggerating for effect?

Yes go on any excursion on there website then go price it out privately. Perfect example is Cozumel. Playa Maya 100 a person thru ncl  25 if you take a cab.

• Like 1

This is what MSC says they are doing regarding excursions

During this initial phase of operations, as a further enhanced measure of protection and to avoid risks to the health of guests and their fellow cruisers, guests will only go ashore as part of an organized MSC Cruises’ excursion. This means that MSC Cruises can protect their health while ashore with excursions that will be delivered with the same high standards of health and safety as on board. We will ensure that transfers are properly sanitized and that there is adequate space. Tour guides and drivers will also undergo health screening and will wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

It would have been nice to have all the facts about the MSC excursion policy before posting.

MSC offers at least one free excursion in each port to passengers (depends on cabin type).

Yes, and they were offering a package of 3 additional excursions for 100 euros.

Not sure if the US lines will have such reasonable prices.

MSC's excursions have always been pretty reasonably priced, at least in Europe, I haven't sailed them from the US.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

t would have been nice to have all the facts about the MSC excursion policy before posting.

Yes it would have, I don’t go on MSC. if you read this thread and the article it comes across differently. If docked and you want to get some land legs you can’t get back on. 

23 minutes ago, ellasmomanddad said:

Yes it would have, I don’t go on MSC. if you read this thread and the article it comes across differently. If docked and you want to get some land legs you can’t get back on. 

One doesn't need to cruise MSC to obtain more facts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GA Dave said:

But, as people have noted above, this will be a major issue on US-boarded cruises if it is still in effect.  Too many US citizens are screaming that groceries and big box stores cannot tell them to wear a mask.  For some reason, they claim it violates their first amendment rights.  Never saw the "freedom to go without a mask" in that amendment.  Perhaps I have an abridged version. 

The biggest issue most people do not understand is that these are private businesses and they can enforce rules such as this.  Particularly the cruise lines, since only one ship in the industry is US-registered.

Ding, ding, ding.....It will probably not work here.....too many selfish people

• Like 1

Not sure why the first amendment is even being considered in this discussion. The ship you are cruising on is foreign flagged and the US Constitution does not apply there. Additionally, when you are off the ship in a foreign country, you still don't have your first amendment rights as you are subject to the laws of the host country.

You need to follow the laws of the land where you stand.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, ellasmomanddad said:

Probably a condition of local Port authorities allowing the ship to disembark passengers. 

• Like 1