Where was I?

22 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Opps didn't realise I would get a confirmation so quickly I logged off after answering😂. At least someone picked up my slack. That looks like the Remarkable rocks on Kangaroo Island, though I was a kid when I visited.

Yes.  Well done!!  Your turn.  A bit of a theme here, as this National Park had a devastating bushfire and the lighthouse cottages, where we stayed, as well as the Postmaster's cottage, were burnt down in a bushfire.  Waiting for them to be rebuilt, so we can visit this beautiful area again. 

Edited by MMDown Under

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes.  Well done!!  Your turn.  A bit of a theme here, as this National Park had a devastating bushfire and the lighthouse cottages, where we stayed, as well as the Postmaster's cottage, were burnt down in a bushfire.  Waiting for them to be rebuilt, so we can visit this beautiful area again. 

So sad about the fire😔 I would love to return to Kanagaroo Island. We only did a day trip and I would love to overnight so I could do some of the trails. I hope they bounce back, maybe with all of us locked in our country they will get the influx of visitors needed to restart

17 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

So sad about the fire😔 I would love to return to Kanagaroo Island. We only did a day trip and I would love to overnight so I could do some of the trails. I hope they bounce back, maybe with all of us locked in our country they will get the influx of visitors needed to restart

Kangaroo Island has a five day KI Great Wilderness Trail.  It is such a big island, we stay 3-5 days on each end of the island to try to do it justice.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Croatia, Plitvice Lakes National Park

A gorgeous area🤗 loved our day there but in this case not the picture, though you are in the right area. It is in the Balkans however not Croatia.

Edited by ilikeanswers

39 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I have visited ACT but wasn't aware of any National Parks.  Where is it?

Most of the west and all of the south of the ACT is the Namadgi National Park. Yankee Hat is about 30 km south west of Tharwa very south of Canberra.

https://www.thewalkact.com/yankee-hat