Where was I?

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Sounds a beautiful place Lyle, 

P1020368.thumb.JPG.f63896dbe2240cb2d21d9b9877ddb78d.JPG

The pool house was not open to the public.

Doris Duke's bedroom suite was not open then either. The whole estate is closed now they are renovating during the COVID shut down.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Port Campbell Australia?

No Lyle, Akaroa NZ.

This is Port Campbell - growing up, my family used to visit Port Campbell and have picnics at the beach.

Port Campbell, Victoria: Travel guide and things to do

Port Campbell Visitor Information Centre 12 Apostles Coast and ...

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

No Lyle, Akaroa NZ.

This is Port Campbell - growing up, my family used to visit Port Campbell and have picnics at the beach.

Port Campbell, Victoria: Travel guide and things to do

Port Campbell Visitor Information Centre 12 Apostles Coast and ...

We were scheduled to spend 2 night there on Adventure plan v1.2 and now we are just starting the land part of adventure v2.0

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I didn't get to see that scene, because they wouldn't let us get off the ship in Akaroa.  I was booked to go on a trip with the postman, so big disappointment.  

That's a shame, it's a lovely little town and the surrounding countryside is beautiful.

Hopefully you'll get there another time.

10 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

You must host the best parties Julie, you make the best party games. The virtual cruise now this, thanks for starting fun things.

Thank you, Lyle. I have to confess I stole the idea off the Crystal forum - some people started posting "where was I" photos in their Bistro thread among other stuff. I thought it would be a fun idea to have a thread dedicated to that here. It's nice to see places that other people know about.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's a shame, it's a lovely little town and the surrounding countryside is beautiful.

Hopefully you'll get there another time.

Yes, I'm well overdue for another land holiday in NZ.  We are lucky to have such a different beautiful country so close to Australia.

14 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I didn't get to see that scene, because they wouldn't let us get off the ship in Akaroa.  I was booked to go on a trip with the postman, so big disappointment.  

I finally got to do the trip with the postman this February - had a fantastic day. Perfect weather too 😁

I love Akaroa - have been several times and done different excursions or just walked the pretty little town. Dolphin watching is very interesting too.

Edited by boeckli
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, I'm well overdue for another land holiday in NZ.  We are lucky to have such a different beautiful country so close to Australia.

It's a lovely drive over to Akaroa from Christchurch and there is an alternative route back via Lyttleton although the road isn't as good as the main route. Still, it's worth doing.