Where was I?

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

It was wonderful.

We cruised from Freo to Capetown on the QM2 via Mauritius , had 5 days in Capetown exploring it and the surrounds, we then had 5 days at Sabi Sands, 3 days at Victoria falls (Zambia and Zimbabwe) and another 5 days at a &Beyond camp in Botswana in the Okavango delta. Absolutely fantastic.

Did you have a favourite place?  I have often admired some of the safari trips taken by passengers whilst on world cruises.  However, they never seemed long enough.  Yours sounds perfect, with 3 or 5 nights at each place.  When I cruised around South Africa, a lot of the world cruisers got off in Cape Town and went overland to Durban.  

9 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

All I can say is that it looks amazing.... i am guessing the dunes are large.......

Could be one of 4x4 tours from dubai.....

Cheers Don 

Yes the dunes were large, we basically drove down vertically to get to the water 😁. You are in the right region just wrong country. If it helps it is on a UNESCO heritage list

Edited by ilikeanswers

2 hours ago, rabbit1971 said:

Thank you to everyone who is taking part in this thread, your photos are stunning, the one of glacier bay should be enlarged and hung in a gallery, its magnificent. this thread is helping with my severe case of No Travelitis,

living in Tassie I am fortunate to have a wide range of nature escapes to visit, but that picture of jacobs Ladder is enough to make me feel ill 😬

Please keep them coming, i am loving this thread.

Cheers maree

Did you identify any of the photos?  Half the fun is just taking an educated guess.  Agree you have a wide range of beautiful nature escapes to visit in Tasmania

25 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Did you have a favourite place?  I have often admired some of the safari trips taken by passengers whilst on world cruises.  However, they never seemed long enough.  Yours sounds perfect, with 3 or 5 nights at each place.  When I cruised around South Africa, a lot of the world cruisers got off in Cape Town and went overland to Durban.  

For accommodation, Botswana was luxurious, each bungalow had it's own private plunge pool and rooftop viewing area over the delta.

For the wildlife sightings, Sabi sands was best.

For the natural landscape, the Zambezi river and Mosi-oa-Tunya (The Cloud that Thunders) - Victoria falls.

2 hours ago, rabbit1971 said:

Thank you to everyone who is taking part in this thread, your photos are stunning, the one of glacier bay should be enlarged and hung in a gallery, its magnificent. this thread is helping with my severe case of No Travelitis,

living in Tassie I am fortunate to have a wide range of nature escapes to visit, but that picture of jacobs Ladder is enough to make me feel ill 😬

Please keep them coming, i am loving this thread.

Cheers maree

I'm glad you're enjoying the thread, Maree. It's working out better than I hoped when I started it. We're certainly getting to see some interesting parts of the world.

18 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

It looks like the Qatar inland sea. I am not sure of the local name.

Brilliant👍😁 I was thinking no one might get it. Khawr al Udayd is the local name. If you want a dune bashing experience I highly recommend Qatar, it is much more scenic than UAE since you have the sea on one side 🤗

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Brilliant👍😁 I was thinking no one might get it. Khawr al Udayd is the local name. If you want a dune bashing experience I highly recommend Qatar, it is much more scenic than UAE since you have the sea on one side 🤗

Yes, I thought it was Qatar as we did dune bashing there too Oct 2018. I have it on video but have no idea how to upload it.

57 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Yes, I thought it was Qatar as we did dune bashing there too Oct 2018. I have it on video but have no idea how to upload it.

First you need to upload to a video hosting site like YouTube or Vimeo then you can link the video to here

38 minutes ago, BrissieB said:

You put my google skills to the test but I think it's
U Bein Bridge, Amarapura, Mandalay, Myanmar, Asia

Exactly right.  Reputed to be the longest timber bridge in the world at 1.2kms.

It was built in 1850 using many timbers from a ruined royal palace.

Mr Kipling even though he made it famous never actually got to Mandalay.

Edited by Bowm54
Additional comment.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Some smart people on here knowing all this places, I only got a couple right, you must have all been Geography Teachers in your past life.😁

You would be surprised by how many different sorts of boats with eyes are in various Asian countries 🙂 

This one is not my photo (I flogged it off the internet and don't have someone I can attribute it to).  However, I have been here but the photos are on the other computer and the person at work is not to be disturbed. 

Ship.jpg