Where was I?

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It looks beautiful. If it hadn't been for this blasted virus I would probably have gone there in June. 😪

When we were planning that trip we (more correctly I) had certain places we wanted to go. Honfleur was the overnight on the drive from The beaches of Normandy to Arras, picked totally by random.

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

When we were planning that trip we (more correctly I) had certain places we wanted to go. Honfleur was the overnight on the drive from The beaches of Normandy to Arras, picked totally by random.

Honfleur is nice, the old port, so much history there, we did it on a shrex from Le Havre. Lyle you drive on the right, so you would be ok driving in Francais. Not this little black duck, safer being in a bus or passenger in cab. Ok in uk, no worries.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Our cruise was due to stop there for two days. We were going to take the train into Paris on the first day, then explore Honfleur on the second.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Are they your family, Lyle, lubbly bunch.

Actually that photo was at my best friends wedding, the young woman in the middle leaning down with the little girl is his step daughter She asked me to take that photo, they are her friends from figure skating.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Portobelo-San Lorenzo      Fortifications on the Caribbean Side of Panama  ???

Last Guess   CHeers Don

Very good Don, we did a ship tour from Colon, the reviews about doing your own thing there was a bit scary, ship then said that if we go alone outside the wire fence which was topped with razor wire and went around the dock then they can’t guarantee our safety.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Honfleur is good enough because frankly I don't remember the name of the church.

This is what it is like inside. I'm told Honfleur was a ship building center and the roof of the church is built like an upside down hull

P1010094.thumb.JPG.8acc1deef5cae0a7b66976c7e33af674.JPG

P1010098.thumb.JPG.af67f513766448ddd4f0be422a622b1f.JPG

It's a lovely place, the joiner in me appreciates the woodwork.

What a fascinating church.  Love the roof built like an upside down hull.  I unsuccessfully tried to visit Honfleur by public transport during a port visit by ship.  

4 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Very good Don, we did a ship tour from Colon, the reviews about doing your own thing there was a bit scary, ship then said that if we go alone outside the wire fence which was topped with razor wire and went around the dock then they can’t guarantee our safety.

Does sound a little disconcerting.......

reminds we a the drive back across the nullabor.. stopped at Ceduna Hotel for the night..

First step drive in though security gate top with razor wire... then into a courtyard to park the car with roller doors on the entrance and exit..... have a lovely dinner... afterward it was suggested not to go outside...  and that's in Australia.....    Cheers Don

3 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Does sound a little disconcerting.......

reminds we a the drive back across the nullabor.. stopped at Ceduna Hotel for the night..

First step drive in though security gate top with razor wire... then into a courtyard to park the car with roller doors on the entrance and exit..... have a lovely dinner... afterward it was suggested not to go outside...  and that's in Australia.....    Cheers Don

when we drove out in the bus every house had razor wire either over all windows or on a fence around them, big business in selling razor wire there

8 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

We camped overnight in the dunes at Ceduna, which was a bit scary.  In addition we had to hold on to our tent so we didn't loose it in the strong winds during the night.  

Just now, getting older slowly said:

Spot on... on scanned photo.. you can see Wilpina Pound written on the plaque...

Was quick taking the photo   due to March Flies ....

Your   Go..... I am off to start preparing dinner    Cheers Don

Wild guess following your directions.  I've camped at Wilpina Pound and even took a rare flight, but didn't see what you took the photo of. 

I'll go get help putting another photo on here. 

19 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

when we drove out in the bus every house had razor wire either over all windows or on a fence around them, big business in selling razor wire there

In southern Central America razor wire is pretty common and I wouldn't consider it much indication of danger. We saw it a lot when driving around Costa Rica which has one lowest crime rates in Central America whereas in Guatemala which is supposed to be more dangerous you would hardly see a fence😂. With all the Americans choosing to retire in Panama I can't imagine it is that dangerous🤔

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Wild guess following your directions.  I've camped at Wilpina Pound and even took a rare flight, but didn't see what you took the photo of. 

I'll go get help putting another photo on here. 

I took a flight over the pound many years ago.......   very late in touching down... and the end of the runway was getting very close ( like a ploughed paddock with rocks )  and the pilot threw the plane sideway and slid to a stop  with about 20 feet to spare....    lol

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Sorry to interrupt I have been out all day distributing alms to the needy, but what is the threat in Ceduna?