Where was I?

On 11/23/2021 at 1:59 PM, lyndarra said:

The Grain terminal, Brisbane?

When we were on QM2 in 2017, Sydney to Hong Kong we berthed at the Brisvegas Grain Terminal. The Cunarders on their worldie were not impressed. Nor was I, a dump.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

When we were on QM2 in 2017, Sydney to Hong Kong we berthed at the Brisvegas Grain Terminal. The Cunarders on their worldie were not impressed. Nor was I, a dump.

We docked there in 2015, not the nicest welcome to Brisbane. I was amazed it was so far out of the CBD and not easy to travel from the port unless going on a ship excursion, paying for a shuttle bus or getting a taxi. We went on the shuttle bus into the CBD and did our own thing.

16 hours ago, possum52 said:

We docked there in 2015, not the nicest welcome to Brisbane. I was amazed it was so far out of the CBD and not easy to travel from the port unless going on a ship excursion, paying for a shuttle bus or getting a taxi. We went on the shuttle bus into the CBD and did our own thing.

Same, met my sister and my brother in law from Currumbin for a luncheon.  Been to Brisvegas several times and seen thesights.

14 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Ovation - yes - big applause for Mic.

It was somewhere in Bass Strait bound for Squidley Dec 2017.

Your turn Mic.

A BIG STANDING OVATION for Mic...👍

Edited by NSWP

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Same, met my sister and my brother in law from Currumbin for a luncheon.  Been to Brisvegas several times and seen thesights.

We also have been to Brisbane several times and this particular time we did the HOHO bus which was fun. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, possum52 said:

We also have been to Brisbane several times and this particular time we did the HOHO bus which was fun. 

HO HO buses are good, done plenty of those on overseas trips, go around the circuit once to see the stops then go around again and get off when you want to see what interests you.  Way to go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Correct, you wouldn't think this landscape was Hawaii

Your turnIMG_9665.thumb.JPG.2c32054a445b6ea0b7834d6816422b9d.JPG

When I visited all I saw was the car park and a big wall of grey😂. Weather wasn't really kind to us in Hawaii. Luckily the view of the island coming down the road was a nice consolation prize.

Edited by ilikeanswers

13 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

When I visited all I saw was the car park and a big wall of grey😂. Weather wasn't really kind to us in Hawaii. Luckily the view of the island coming down the road was a nice consolation prize.

We have been lucky, been up there twice and had clear days both times, but boy was it cold up there with the wind blowing

• Like 1