Will they be cruising by then?

Hello all! I know no one knows the answer to this question but would like to hear some input as me and family are so UNDECIDED on what to do. We have been wanting to go to Hawaii for a long time and are interested in booking the POA for August or September of 2021 and have put cabins on hold twice but we don't end up going through to make the deposit as we are so torn! Do you think it's far enough that it may happen. I know Hawaii is very strict with the virus but who knows how next year will look? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!😀

• Like 1

personally, i'd go for it. we have cruises booked from athens, greece march 2021 and from amsterdam, july 2021.  if in a year from now, there are still no cruises (like you want to take) we're probably doomed to wait a few more years. besides if the offer is still 2 for 1 deposit, you can still get your money back if you cancel before the final payment is due.  

Everyone of us hope they will be cruising by then, and everyone of us have absolutely no idea what the status of this virus situation will be then.   However, you can book any cruise you wish without any real money loss up until time for final payment.  All you will be out at this time is the deposit and for that you will at least have something to anticipate.  Will it sail or not...who knows.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ilovecruising101 said:

Hello all! I know no one knows the answer to this question but would like to hear some input as me and family are so UNDECIDED on what to do. We have been wanting to go to Hawaii for a long time and are interested in booking the POA for August or September of 2021 and have put cabins on hold twice but we don't end up going through to make the deposit as we are so torn! Do you think it's far enough that it may happen. I know Hawaii is very strict with the virus but who knows how next year will look? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!😀

The POA will be sailing again. As you point out, Hawaii is the only state that strictly enforce their 14 day quarantine for everyone entering the state (there are a few exceptions). With fines, jail and deportations for those who fail to comply. You’re not worried about other countries “letting you in”, you never leave the state of Hawaii. 

On 8/23/2020 at 12:05 AM, ilovecruising101 said:

Do you think it's far enough that it may happen. 

Yes. "may" being the operative word. I would be willing to book a cruise only with a refundable deposit at this point for August/Sept of next year. I personally would hold off on airfare or anything non-refundable for now and re-evaluate in January or so.

On 8/23/2020 at 12:05 AM, ilovecruising101 said:

In March most people thought we would be cruising by June, then September.....You have seen how that has gone. I think its a pretty safe bet booking a cruise from a year from now