The Daily for Tuesday Aug 25, 2020

richwmn

today is Kiss and Make Up Day, National Banana Split Day, National Park Service Founders Day, and Touch a Heart Day 

Ask not for whom the telephone bell tolls ... if thou art in the bathtub, it tolls for thee.

Meal suggestion for today - Grilled Vegetable Platter

Wine of the day - Bodegas y Viñedos Raúl Pérez Mencía Bierzo Ultreia St.-Jacques vintage 2015

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) at Sea Caribbean destination Miami eta 8/27

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Fortaleza Brazil eta 9/8
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Fortaleza Brazil eta 9/7
Volendam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9
Westerdam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9

At Sea Indian
Noordam destination Limassol eta 9/10

Zuiderdam (still listed as Port Klang but map shows her to be along side Noordam)

Piraeus
Maasdam

Katakolo
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Rotterdam
Amsterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek
Rotterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0825World.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

I would also like to thank everyone who adds to this thread each day. I appreciate those who over the last few days have made their first post after lurking for a while. This is a community effort and I welcome all comments. The responses each day are what keeps the thread going, and while I may not post much past starting the thread, I do read each post and enjoy them.

Rich

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Rich. 

I thank you for making this our happy place each day. 

No fighting here so just a kiss.  LOL  I love Banana Splits, but won't be going to a DQ for sometime yet.  Love the National Parks.  Was in Yosemite just before the shutdown in March between a Eurodam and Rotterdam cruise. 

The quote is so true!  And love the meal idea...will have to see what I need to go to the veggie stand.

Prayers and hugs for all of us.  Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask. 

• Like 7

Thank you for the daily Rich.  What a great selection of days.  I know when my telephone bell tolls, it's almost always a robocall.

Today’s care list:

Family and friends of Summer slope's neighbor

Fatcat's MIL

Mrs Vmax

Mrs Sailingdutchy (Martha)and Mr. Victoriann (Pat) dealing with back issues

Those dealing with wildfires

Rain and relief for Phoenix and much of the southwest

Those facing visits from Marco and Laura

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe.

Today''s celebrations and shoutouts:

Welcome ChaCr and 57Redbord

Contributions of occasional posters like Venn Diagram

Behind the scenes photos

Sharon's in-laws

Front line health workers

Maryland fire crews responding to Colorado wildfires

Roy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the daily Rich.  What a great selection of days.  I know when my telephone bell tolls, it's almost always a robocall.

Today’s care list:

Family and friends of Summer slope's neighbor

Fatcat's MIL

Mrs Vmax

Mrs Sailingdutchy (Martha)and Mr. Victoriann (Pat) dealing with back issues

Those dealing with wildfires

Rain and relief for Phoenix and much of the southwest

Those facing visits from Marco and Laura

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe.

Today''s celebrations and shoutouts:

Welcome ChaCr and 57Redbord

Contributions of occasional posters like Venn Diagram

Behind the scenes photos

Sharon's in-laws

Front line health workers

Maryland fire crews responding to Colorado wildfires

Roy

I just saw a video of a Canadian crew “water bombing” the California fires. So thank you to our neighbors for responding!❤️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all, it's nice to see Roy's sunrises everyday as I am not usually up early enough to see them here!  Welcome to the new posters, the more the merrier.  Lots of celebrating today and the meal is doable for sure.   The quote is oh so true but I have learned that if I am relaxing the phone can wait.  I think we should all celebrate the arrival of the world cruiser's  luggage on the 27th.  My best to those under the weather and hip hip hoorays for those celebrating.

• Like 7

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Wonder how rough the ride will be for the Gulf Bridge. Denise - the twins visited yesterday & they are now officially teenagers, no spots, and at least one has antler bumps. I was in the pool, so no pic.  Joy, Laura is tracking close, I haven’t seen a prediction of how big she will be when she makes landfall, but they are predicting she will be a Cat 3. Hopefully you are far enough inland to miss the worst. 

Another chock full day to celebrate! I am going to pick National Parks Service founders day to toast tonight. 🥂 

Lol at the quote. Meal sounds good - with the right dipping sauce. 

Prayers for those who need support.

Cheers to all who are celebrating, or who we are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

Today’s wine is a very reasonably priced Spanish wine. This one doesn’t have any saddle leather aromas @Vict0riann, but it has some forest floor notes.🤔

A blend of mostly Mencia with Bastardo (Trousseau) and Garnacha Tintorera (Alicante Bouschet).The 2015 Ultreia St Jacques is the entry-level red for the Ultreia range and is amazingly good for the price. Produced from old vines, this is a serious wine, with juicy fruit, a fine palate and good freshness for the conditions of the year. They have included new vineyards that they have been working for the last four or five years, so they are able to bottle a little bit more wine. This is a great value. 24,000 bottles produced. It was bottled in January 2017.

WS91
Wine Spectator
Smoke, forest floor and mineral notes mingle in this savory red. Lively acidity and light, firm tannins give grip to the polished texture. Cherry and floral accents sing through the finish. Energetic. Drink now through 2023.

• Like 7

"Kiss in makeup" 🤭

image.jpeg.abbb12349a13f05294b35fcafc8e6c73.jpeg

image.jpeg.61870a2e8609bd522336eee28ef46d25.jpeg

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. It is always great when you add a personal note to us. Thanks a "bunch". (Banana joke)

Hi sisters Ann and Denise. Ann your little twins are now tweens. Denise, we toasted to @erewhon at Happy Hour last night for giving time and talents to delivering meals. Ann, the wine is on a could be list. Don't you just love it when a wine has a slight taste of forest floor? 

Sisters and friends, since Ann wants to toast to NP founders tonight, I would like to toast at Happy Hour tomorrow to Rich and Roy for their outstanding work here on our Daily. So everyone get ready!! Cheers! 

Claudio didn't make it last night to the nursery, so I have another day to plan our trees. And looking at a few more flowers. Maybe I'll wait til after the storm comes through. I do not know how far inland Laura will come. Galveston and Port Arthur residents told to evacuate.. We will see! Eek!

SOMETHING came through our yard last night and tried taking our bird feeders thru the fence! It knocked over the water bowl too. Looks like I will be bringing the feeders in every evening now. Wonder what it was?? 

Have a wonderful day. Call a loved one. Wear your mask. Be kind.Love ya'll!

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 10

17 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. It is always great when you add a personal note to us. Thanks a "bunch". (Banana joke) Ditto!

Ann, the wine is on a could be list. Don't you just love it when a wine has a slight taste of forest floor?  Now that I am in Florida, I wonder if my forest floor has a different taste? I know my forests look very different. 

Sisters and friends, since Ann wants to toast to NP founders tonight, I would like to toast at Happy Hour tomorrow to Rich and Roy for their outstanding work here on our Daily. So everyone get ready!! Cheers!  I am in!

I do not know how far inland Laura will come. Galveston and Port Arthur residents told to evacuate.. We will see! Eek! Be safe!

SOMETHING came through our yard last night and tried taking our bird feeders thru the fence! It knocked over the water bowl too. Looks like I will be bringing the feeders in every evening now. Wonder what it was?? Raccoon? Possum? Not sure a squirrel could do that, unless it is a BIG one! You need a “feeder cam”.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

ohhh, I love banana splits!  Sometimes while cruising I order one for dessert after a light meal.  I remember going to Dairy Queen during the last month of my first pregnancy to get banana splits while trying to gain a little weight.  I only gained 20 pounds that pregnancy.  Baby still weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces though!

It is so dark and rainy here in north central Georgia today.  You'd think a tropical storm was coming through.  We've had 2 inches of rain since last night.   Sending good thoughts to those in the path of the upcoming hurricane.  We'll be praying for you.

• Like 6

Good morning.

Thanks for the Daily Report.

Love the quote.

It's going to be hot again today, maybe I'll treat myself to a banana split 🙂.  What a great suggestion.

I'll check into the wine.

Thanks to everyone who posts pictures, love it.

Sending prayers to everyone in the paths of the storms.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Stay safe.

• Like 7

Just got a flash flood warning for our county and looked outside at the rain gauge.  It now says 3 inches of rain, adding that extra inch in a very short time.  Glad my house is up high on a bluff/hill.  The golf course behind me is going to be soggy for a while, I'd say.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise photo comes from my 2010. Grand Alaska and Panama trip.  On August 25 the Crystal Symphony was approaching Bimini as the sun came up.

dawn0825.jpg

Roy

Good morning Roy!! Cup of coffee in hand and my first sunrise!! Very surreal! I would love to paint this! Thanks for your contributions with our prayer lists and celebrations!! Was off the grid yesterday with so much going on and now am enjoying the catch up!

Denise😊

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

I just saw a video of a Canadian crew “water bombing” the California fires. So thank you to our neighbors for responding!❤️

The Canadair (Bombardier/Viking) CL-415 water bomber amphibian; awesome plane with dedicated crews who save lives and property during wild fires! May they be safe in the work they do! Merci beaucoup Québécois!

Quebec air tankers set to arrive in California - Skies Mag

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Boy that quote is ever so true!  Never fails that the phone rings if you are in the tub.  Thank heavens for voice mail 😉 

in honour of banana split day:

4DEE53BF-1AD9-43A5-B6ED-FCEB5AA2E5BF.jpeg.379767f9f018bdb7f5dfcf6d676e0a67.jpeg

Dinner suggestion sounds good - not sure what’s on our menu tonight - I’m prepping food for company tomorrow (with covid precautions of course).

@StLouisCruisers I’m glad you are on a hill and hope that the flash flood is avoided.

@Seasick Sailor I hope Austin stays well away from you.

We have a T-storm, hail and possible tornado warning today.  I want the rain but so far it doesn’t seem like we are getting too much. 😞 

Prayers to all those on our Care List and a shut out to everyone our our list 🙂 

Stay safe and healthy all and don’t forget your masks 😄 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1