No Caribbean Cruises Showing for Summer 2021

kat744

My son wants to take a cruise when he graduates next June 2021 (hoping we are sailing by then) and there are ZERO cruises showing in the Caribbean for June/July/August 2021. I know Carnival is moving some ships around and rebooking people on other ships. I find it hard to believe that they are all sold out or at max capacity though. So I also checked Princess, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean thinking it was a Carnival fluke, and none of those ships haveCaribbean sailings next summer either. I also checked Costco travel, Expedia, GetAwayToday, and Cruise Sheet and there is nothing. That is high money making time for the cruise industry and I find this highly suspicious. I can however book a cruise to Alaska or a Caribbean cruise in 2022. Are THAT many people rebooked that all cruises on all cruise lines are sold out??? 

**EDIT: We are looking at 9+ days only. I was able to find some 8 days**

Edited by kat744

Does carnival usually offer many 9 day cruises? I see a couple in August for celebrity and royal but they don’t sail out of Florida. I looked at carnival in 2022 and see 8 days but no 9+ days. May not be a sold out issue as much as simply not offered. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

Does carnival usually offer many 9 day cruises? I see a couple in August for celebrity and royal but they don’t sail out of Florida. I looked at carnival in 2022 and see 8 days but no 9+ days. May not be a sold out issue as much as simply not offered. 

No, Carnival does not offer many of these and particularly during the summer. There is an 8 day itinerary out of Galveston showing for next summer to the Western Caribbean, 8 days out of Miami to the Southern Caribbean, 8 days out of New York to Eastern Caribbean, but most of Carnival's cruises are 7 days or fewer. Most of the longer "journeys" cruises have been during off seasons and obviously not targeted to your standard American family vacation demographic - but rather to people who can travel longer and during the school year, i.e. retirees. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kat744 said:

**EDIT: We are looking at 9+ days only. I was able to find some 8 days**

Well there's your problem.

Carnival doesn't usually offer anything beyond 8 days (most are 7 days for the "long" cruises so they can keep a weekly cadence), except for the odd partial-transit Panama Canal trips or re-positioning.

And right now, I would doubt any cruise line is going to want to have a 14-day trip running while COVID-19 still hangs like the Sword of Damocles.

9+ days to the Caribbean are a bit unusual.  But as was suggested, you can do a b2b or a s2s.  I did a b2b2b once with a 4-3-4 on the Ecstasy that was fun.  Turnaround days are kind of fun when you're staying on.

17 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

That's what we're (hopefully) doing....6 days plus 4 days....booked in the same cabin!

These times call for creativity......

When you do that and are lucky enough to get the same cabin, do you have to disembark and then embark again, or can you just stay on the boat?

34 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

When you do that and are lucky enough to get the same cabin, do you have to disembark and then embark again, or can you just stay on the boat?

I've never done it, but from what I've read here you do not need to disembark, you just need to meet up at a certain spot on turn-around day between the two sets of pax to confirm your continued presence.  

Others will have more accurate and up-to-date anecdotes.

51 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

I've heard various scenarios.  As long as I don't have to do anything @ 7:30 am, I'm good.

As far as being lucky to get the same cabin.....it wasn't luck, it was planning and checking various websites to see what was available.  The Carnival site is limited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

I've done several.  They give you a time and place to meet (usually in the library) and sometimes we walked off and walked back on, other times they just gave us new sail and sign cards at the atrium bar.  From my experience it seems to depend on the port and what immigration's mood is that day.  In every instance it's easy peasy, and always involved free mimosas and a free picture.

Edited by naxer
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I've heard various scenarios.  As long as I don't have to do anything @ 7:30 am, I'm good.

As far as being lucky to get the same cabin.....it wasn't luck, it was planning and checking various websites to see what was available.  The Carnival site is limited.

Calling Carnival would have been faster and they can see all cabins, but talk about an alarmist post title.

Other than some reposition and now some specialty cruises, Carnival's market is 7 days or shorter.

• Like 1

Kat Look at the 8 day southern out of Miami on the Carnival Horizon in the Havana. If you want a longer vacation stay a couple of days on South Beach some Amazing resorts.   We did it last year and it was fantastic. 

Thanks that’s a great idea! 

and was not trying to be alarmist in my post. I’ve seen many 10 days in the past on carnival and now those seem to have disappeared. And when I originally looked for 7+ days I was finding nothing for the port we wanted. Which is still very unusual and led me to my original topic heading. 

great ideas all around though. 

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Calling Carnival would have been faster and they can see all cabins, but talk about an alarmist post title.

Other than some reposition and now some specialty cruises, Carnival's market is 7 days or shorter.

I like "to see" all available so I can weigh the pros and cons....lol.  Anyway....I basically have nothing to do, so it was an enjoyable project.  Now...just praying to the cruise gods that my work wasn't in vain.

I don't think OP's post was alarmist.  He isn't as familiar with "everything"....as many of us are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I like "to see" all available so I can weigh the pros and cons....lol.  Anyway....I basically have nothing to do, so it was an enjoyable project.  Now...just praying to the cruise gods that my work wasn't in vain.

I don't think OP's post was alarmist.  He isn't as familiar with "everything"....as many of us are.

You can never see all the cabins that Carnival can. I have gotten some really excellent cabins that weren't showing on any website, including carnival.com.

The post wasn't alarmist (with the edit), the title was, and still is. I'm not familiar with "everything". I didn't know the OP was a he (or she).

55 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You can never see all the cabins that Carnival can. I have gotten some really excellent cabins that weren't showing on any website, including carnival.com.

The post wasn't alarmist (with the edit), the title was, and still is. I'm not familiar with "everything". I didn't know the OP was a he (or she).

There's one TA site that gives you up to 20 cabins per category and they flash.  

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

A better title would be good.

Something like “No 9 day Caribbean cruises showing for the summer of 2021!”

Then the only people who clicked on the thread would those who wished to inform OP that carnival doesn’t have 9 day Caribbean cruises.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

A better title would be good.

Something like “No 9 day Caribbean cruises showing for the summer of 2021!”

Then the only people who clicked on the thread would those who wished to inform OP that carnival doesn’t have 9 day Caribbean cruises.

Probably true. I doubt I would have clicked on it at all.  I didn't know Carnival didn't have any 9 day Caribbean cruises in 2021, but I wouldn't have been surprised that they didn't. or did.