Required ship's tours in future?

comcox

52 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

A large question for me is that currently the EU is only allowing a max of seven (7) day cruises. Oceania has sold a lot of Med and Baltic cruises that are far longer for next summer. Many of those people will be making FP long before cruising season resumes in Europe. What happens to all those 10-14 day cruises if they stick to the 7 day rule?

My 10 day Baltic cruise is not until Aug. 29 and if things aren't sorted out by final payment date I won't make it, I'll just cancel the whole thing and get my deposit back. I am not interested in a 7 day Baltic cruise. Plus, that kind of change would screw up all my air tickets and hotels pre and post cruise.

no one knows what will happen in the next  month let alone the  next yr

Covid may still be in the forefront  of our lives  ( I hope not)

No effective vaccine  or enough  for the World  to be immunized

maybe North Americans will not be allowed to enter the European Countries until Covid  is  a bad memory

JMO

• Like 2

The current news articles on our President Elect’s plan on fighting COVID-19 essentially says he’s giving the full reins to Fauci and the CDC. Fauci has clearly stated he doesn’t consider economic consequences in his decisions. I wouldn’t expect any cruises from US waters for a long time! Things are already shut down through December and Fauci will slam the door shut on Inauguration Day. Any reason for the cruise lines to spend money to maybe sail for three weeks?

As the CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines said months ago “ The US may well be the last ports you open back up for cruising “. Cruising will in fact restart slowly, in other parts of the world.

I don't suppose that 90% effective vaccine that's all over the news will make any difference. It sure has for the stock market. Wow. Things might be turning around sooner than you think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I don't suppose that 90% effective vaccine that's all over the news will make any difference. It sure has for the stock market. Wow. Things might be turning around sooner than you think. 

Oh Orv,

From your mouth to Gods ears!!

Jancruz1

6 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Is Dr Fauci a member of the President Elect's Covid-19 task force ?

I didn't see his name on the list.

I don’t think any current government employees are on the task force.  I would be shocked if he is not added at a later date.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked NYC to Paris July 2022.  It's far enough away that anything at all could happen.  I see the booking as a license to dream and research the destinations, something that I love to do and that has been sorely lacking in my life for the past nine months.  If mandatory shore excursions were in place I would definitely not proceed.  I've never taken a ships' excursion and never will, we don't even go on them if they are free for some reason.  We cruise because I love the ocean and ships, researching and then exploring local ports independently is absolutely essential to me.  Detest being herded around. Pinning all my travel hopes on vaccines. 

Edited by lahore
  • Like 1

Iahore 👏🏻👏🏻agreed!
Nice to dream...as of now ( never happened before ) we have 3 cruises booked.

I am not sure , though, that I will go forward with final payment on the first to come, which is due in a month. I have asked the travelbureau ( in this case an American one ) 

if they ( Azamara ) can promise me, from their point, not destinations, that we are allowed our own shore excursions.....still waiting to hear from them.

this cruise is “The Black Sea” in May 21.

susiesan, wonder If you are going on Oceania? We are one the cruise just before you, will arrive in Copenhagen aug 29 th.....and I agree, I am not interested in the 7 Day cruise in the Baltics either.....Crossing fingers....

this cruise is more likely to Take place than the one I have booked in May 🤞🏼🤞🏼

I still doubt the ship will ask for mandatory vaccine before boarding, as there, obviously will not be enough vaccine in such a short time.....

I am still not planning to be first in Line for it....it has been made so fast, compared to usual time for making a reliable vaccine, but everyone may do What they feel for.

lets all cross fingers for a happy new year without Alot of restrictions!

Smiley27,

When travel does reopen, it is highly doubtful that without an approved Covid 19 vaccination that (a) one will be allowed on an international flight; (b) one will be allowed through most any country’s immigration; and (c) one will be allowed on any cruise ship.

By August of 2021, most Americans will have had the opportunity to be vaccinated, especially the adults. You’ll never board that flight to go to that cruise if you opt not to be vaccinated.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Smiley27,

When travel does reopen, it is highly doubtful that without an approved Covid 19 vaccination that (a) one will be allowed on an international flight; (b) one will be allowed through most any country’s immigration; and (c) one will be allowed on any cruise ship.

By August of 2021, most Americans will have had the opportunity to be vaccinated, especially the adults. You’ll never board that flight to go to that cruise if you opt not to be vaccinated.

They're in Denmark already, so no flight needed. Although the ship's requirement would be the determining factor. 

34 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Smiley27,

I agree but think your dates are optimistic.  I am guessing later.  I don’t think they can make billions of doses in that time frame.   Remember , all production does not go to US only and you need two shots.  All told the world needs more then 12 billion doses.  The two top vaccines Pfizer and Moderna hope to be producing 60 million doses a month by February.  That will take a while time to make billions of doses.

Edited by KirkNC

Both the US and the EU paid a considerable amount of money up front to guarantee a certain number of vaccine s. Politics will indeed come into play on how the production of vaccines are distributed among the nations of the world. I don’t expect it to be equitable. All countries of the world won’t receive the vaccine on the same schedule of those that pre-paid for the R&D. It’s political!

9 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Smiley27,

There are plenty of international flights to foreign destinations you can board now without a vaccine. I am about to book award tix to Costa Rica in January, I have flights to Namibia in May that I expect to take. One can fly to many African countries right now, some with no restictions aand some with a testing requirement. 

20 minutes ago, susiesan said:

There are plenty of international flights to foreign destinations you can board now without a vaccine.

Your definition of "plenty"? Europe? Asia? South America? Alaska (because of Canada)? Australia/NZ?