What to do on the Cruise

richfret

Just curious.  Am booked for January  on the Horizon.  Do you think they would still have the evening shows in the Theater?  It was difficult to find a seat in the past and with the 6 foot rule, you would end up with quite a reduction in attendees.  Then there is Bingo.  I guess they could do the numbers on the TV and the winners could call in with their cabin phones.   With the self serve meals gone, they would probably have to serve food all day long.   The pool would be interesting but probably limited to a dozen people.  Sure would have to have many changes made and some how make it entertaining.  What do you think?.    

I think a little exaggerated. At first they seem to be limiting capacity which will help with social distancing. Families can sit together, so there will be more than 6 at the pool.

Let's just hope January is a go. I'm booked February.

I plan on just going with the flow. Not worrying about might be and peoples guesses.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I heard suggested I heard was to have more showings so that less people would be at the show.  That may proof a little difficult when you take into consideration that most of the cast serve double duty running activities during the day.

This past March on the Miracle we had crew members serving you at the buffet. I enjoyed the service, it still felt like a real buffet. We also had crew members at the hand sanitizers asking you to wash your hands. The theaters show cast do not do any other duties on the ship.

8 minutes ago, skrufy said:

The theaters show cast do not do any other duties on the ship.

When did this start? I did a dance class with a cast member, a cast member ran a ping pong tournament. They used to run muster drills, though those will be on tv. I bet cast members are as glad as we are. I've seen them doing things all over the ship. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

When did this start? I did a dance class with a cast member, a cast member ran a ping pong tournament. They used to run muster drills, though those will be on tv. I bet cast members are as glad as we are. I've seen them doing things all over the ship. 

I’ve seen them do muster but that’s about it. I’ve seen them sit in the audience for comedy shows several times. About the only crew members you’ll see doing that.

10 hours ago, richfret said:

Just curious.  Am booked for January  on the Horizon.  Do you think they would still have the evening shows in the Theater?  It was difficult to find a seat in the past and with the 6 foot rule, you would end up with quite a reduction in attendees.  Then there is Bingo.  I guess they could do the numbers on the TV and the winners could call in with their cabin phones.   With the self serve meals gone, they would probably have to serve food all day long.   The pool would be interesting but probably limited to a dozen people.  Sure would have to have many changes made and some how make it entertaining.  What do you think?.    

I think a lot of the activities are going to have to change or be eliminated. So many of the existing ones require you to be close or touching other people or touching unsanitized items. Bingo is probably still ok since people can spread out more in the theater, but they will probably have to hold it not directly before other events. 

In summary, I have no idea. I think my January cruise is going to be cancelled anyway so haven't been making plans.

I would go watch the videos and read the reviews of the Italian cruise and how it was rather than guess what carnival might or might not do.

Cant sit at bars, had to sit and be waited on. Not really much sitting imo near alchemy bar, everyone I know, favorite. They used wrist bans for touchless purchasing and tracking. If someone does get it msc would know each wrist band and how close they had been to alert them. Temperature checks every time you board and covid test at boarding. One free excursion included in price and 100 euros for the other 3, so excursions were cheap but short. People said excursions were only about 3 1/2 hours long. And of course we know they had to keep in the group. But the price was right.

How much of this carnival will do no one knows. Not even carnival. 

Ships are only filling 60 to 70% of capacity. Shows might be three instead of the normal two. Bingo in the theater would be their best bet. Distancing would not be a problem in there. Buffet will not be self serve. Masks will be worn in areas required where distancing cannot be kept. My only concern is being approved for boarding and getting off of the ship to just look around and visit the local shops.  We have been cruising so long an excursion would be redundant. Guess just stay on the ship and hope they have a few activities. I bet they will. Not everyone wants to do an excursion. I hope trivia will continue but not close seating.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stellarose said:

wonder if carnival will keep their excursions. I was planning on booking one for DEC 21' MG

That is over a year from now.

If shore excursions are still problematic then, you won't be cruising, because all the lines will have gone bankrupt.

For this December, I suspect Carnival will follow suit from MSC: bubble-unit excursions, well managed.  (Assuming there are sailings, of course, not going to argue one way or the other there...)

• Like 1