Any Hope for November?

cellfree

3 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Carnival used to sail to Calica very frequently out of Mobile years ago and Cancun has a cruise terminal. Years ago, Galveston wasn't even a big port and ships docked in New Orleans. Galveston helped Carnival out during a time of need and it became one of their biggest clients in return. 

If I recall, Calica is nothing more than a one pier dock for the purpose of loading gravel. It was very primitive with a few tents for shops, and a whole lot of taxis waiting for fares. It is not like Puerta Maya. We went there in 2011 for the sole purpose of going to Akumal (old fishing village with great diving and good restaurants). Since then it has taken off and has gotten  rather expensive. Calica is also a short taxi ride to both Tulum to the south, and Playa to the north. I would go there again for the purpose of getting to Akumal or Tulum without having to take the water taxi across the channel.

I dount California will open anything soon. I mean they got like one of the highest rising rates of all of the US states. It might take even a year for them to recover and make sure they can accept people. California attracts more people to it then its population lol. Imagine what will happen if they open up right now? It will be a serious crisis, like a country wide crisis 

We're booked for Nov 1 for a 14 day southern route-  I seriously doubt it will sail, but if by chance it does sail we'd be happy with 1 MX port & 13 sea days at this point.  I know we have to port at a foreign port- any port would do, I just want to cruise again.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

We're booked for Nov 1 for a 14 day southern route-  I seriously doubt it will sail, but if by chance it does sail we'd be happy with 1 MX port & 13 sea days at this point.  I know we have to port at a foreign port- any port would do, I just want to cruise again.

I feel like you do.. I'd  think your best chance for a port stop out of Baltimore on the current itinerary would be at Grand Turk.. I think they would be the most likely to be open, and like you, I'd be happy to be on the cruise with one stop and 13 sea days..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

Joe I'm not expecting any miracles here in Texas.  "

bmas, neither am I. But.....as Jimbo aptly said: "Hope Springs Eternal".  I'm reminded of a poster my daughter who had posted in her bedroom when she was struggling with her dream of becoming a dancer on a college drill team(which her dream came true at Ranger Junior College). That poster was of a frog being strangled by a stork. It was half way down the stork's gullet, with the frog in a death grip on the storks neck.....The caption was: " Never, ever, ever, give up".  Was the frog trying to keep from being swallowed... or was the frog trying to strangle the stork in a death match? I've never been able to answer that question, and it lives to me this day. And that was back in 1987. The moral of the story is: Hope Springs Eternal."  Never, ever, ever give up. 

Bmas, I believe that miracles do happen.....just not often enough. Have faith my friend. Have faith. 

5 hours ago, vintagegarage said:

I feel like you do.. I'd  think your best chance for a port stop out of Baltimore on the current itinerary would be at Grand Turk.. I think they would be the most likely to be open, and like you, I'd be happy to be on the cruise with one stop and 13 sea days..

Grand Turk was denying cruisers before any of the other islands were. GT would be my last bet to open to ships. 

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Galveston before Long Beach...easy money.

Yep easy money. It's also where the cruises go. The cruises out of west coast apt to be those the ports not as open. Hawaii ... Asia  Alaska 

I'd bet Galveston open first myself. Based on ports of call. 

Hi,

I live in L.A. County we are presently at Purple. The Most Restricted. Long Beach Cruise Port is also in this County.  I’m not predicting when cruising begins herein So Cal. But, we do seem to have a long road ahead of us. Unless our Governor Newsom changes the Stages ..... again. 😃😃  Hey, I finally got my hair cut last week! My last one was in Feb. Good things come to those who wait ....🤣

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

1 hour ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

I live in L.A. County we are presently at Purple. The Most Restricted. Long Beach Cruise Port is also in this County.  I’m not predicting when cruising begins herein So Cal. But, we do seem to have a long road ahead of us. Unless our Governor Newsom changes the Stages ..... again. 😃😃  Hey, I finally got my hair cut last week! My last one was in Feb. Good things come to those who wait ....🤣

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Well, Cali will be in a lock down until next year thats for sure. If you live in LA, I wouldn't really hope for November.. and even for December. Just stay at home and save a buck to get a nice cruise next year. I wouldnt also travel anywhere within the states.. You might end up in 14 day quarantine in some random place within your own country 

28 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I'd say Miami.

Florida just has to be Florida, you know?

Lol the bet was between Galveston and LA. 

Isn't it still fire season in calif in November... so I'm not driving across calif either to get to the port. One of my friends was complaining the air here is tainted from those fires. 

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol the bet was between Galveston and LA

Isn't it still fire season in calif in November... so I'm not driving across calif either to get to the port. One of my friends was complaining the air here is tainted from those fires. 

I’m betting Italy!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, drsel said:

Belize is one of the worst Cruise ports.
It is rundown and the taxi drivers try sweet talking you into paying them extra.

Belize is one of our favorite cruise ports. We go to the Wet Lizard for Belikin beer and nachos every time we go there and always have a great time.