Fewer people on the first few cruises?

torsoboy

Does anyone know if they are planning on booking fewer people on the first few cruises? Or are they filling up their ships to capacity like they normally would in a world without a pandemic?

Edited by torsoboy

7 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

And according to the brand ambassador, it’s also a reason why many cruises are disappearing from the website. It’s not because of cancellations.

At least until a cancellation happens. The CDC has not lifted its no sail order yet, correct?

1 minute ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Exactly. And even if it does get extended, it will get extended to Oct 31st, which will still not impact the November sailings. 

What makes you so certain that it would only be extended for one month? The previous extension was for more than one month so it couldn't be based upon a pattern.

• Like 1

There will be cancellations for November.   If you have noticed all of the cruises for November except 6 ships out of Florida are not bookable.   I'm not buying the excuse that all of other cruises are SOLD OUT due to capacity on every sailing on every ship besides of those 6 ships.   We have seen this before.  They gave us excuse that they are full to the cap.....   

10 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Exactly. And even if it does get extended, it will get extended to Oct 31st, which will still not impact the November sailings. 

If it's extended to October 31st, then lifted , do you really believe the ships will be ready to sail in a month?

1) They have to get ships back first

2) Crew back and retrained with new protocols

3) Change their medical centers ( probably waiting to see what CDC expects)

3a) Not going to spend the money if not necessary

4) Cruiselines have had months to present plans, yet 7-10 days away from doing it

5) Yes anything is possible , this just isn't realistic.

Edited by beerman2
  • Like 2

On 9/12/2020 at 9:05 PM, torsoboy said:

That would be fantastic.  Our family has our first cruise (ever) scheduled to leave on November 2nd, and if it does by some miracle go ahead as scheduled I'm happy to hear that it's running at a limited capacity.

I wouldn’t call it fantastic. If the cruise actually sails with limited capacity, which I understand is likely, there will also be numerous other protocols implemented that will make the cruise experience far different than it was pre-COVID.

So while I hope cruising resumes soon, I would not call new COVID related protocols fantastic. These protocols will keep a lot of frequent cruisers from cruising. There are lots of posts on this site from people saying they won’t cruise right away when the cruise experience is likely to be far lower than it was in the past. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

If it's extended to October 31st, then lifted , do you really believe the ships will be ready to sail in a month?

4) Cruiselines have had months to present plans, yet 7-10 days away from doing it

1. Easy.

2. Takes a day or two.

3. Maybe they have been working on that already or have an action plan in place?

3a. They'll spend the money.

4. Things take time.

5. Carnival says cruising will happen in November.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

1. Easy.

2. Takes a day or two.

3. Maybe they have been working on that already or have an action plan in place?

3a. They'll spend the money.

4. Things take time.

5. Carnival says cruising will happen in November.

You and I will never agree that’s for sure

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

I’m not sure what you mean by “they have to get ships back first.” The ships are still in their possession and can be sailed back to the home ports at a moments noticed. Further, if you track the movements of the ships, you’ll see that some seem to be preparing for picking up crew at a moments notice. And do you honestly think that the cruise lines have not already started making the necessary changes for when they begin sailing again? I’m sure they already have. Lastly, regardless of whether Carnival has submitted an official plan to the CDC (I’m not sure the public would be privy to this information), they do already have a plan in place. Here’s just a brief overview, but I guarantee the behind-the-scenes, detailed plan is extensive. 

ECD6B69C-CBD8-4AE8-A1DD-829BD5F3F1DB.jpeg

Edited by Cruising_Addict

8 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

So you are saying cruises will never resume? 

That’s not what I’m saying at all. IF the CDC extends to October 31st (as a poster noted) , cruising won’t begin in November.

As Chengkp75 had said it will probably  take 4-6 weeks to resume after the CDC no sail order is lifted.

50 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

I’m not sure what you mean by “they have to get ships back first.” The ships are still in their possession and can be sailed back to the home ports at a moments noticed. Further, if you track the movements of the ships, you’ll see that some seem to be preparing for picking up crew at a moments notice. And do you honestly think that the cruise lines have not already started making the necessary changes for when they begin sailing again? I’m sure they already have. Lastly, regardless of whether Carnival has submitted an official plan to the CDC (I’m not sure the public would be privy to this information), they do already have a plan in place. Here’s just a brief overview, but I guarantee the behind-the-scenes, detailed plan is extensive. 

ECD6B69C-CBD8-4AE8-A1DD-829BD5F3F1DB.jpeg

And this I believe is the first this has shown up on CC. I don't check the cruise lines web site at this time.

Of course the ships are in Carnivals possession, however they aren't close to home ports in the USA. Do you actually think they will start sailing back to US ports before the CDC no sail order is lifted?

No mention of masks being required will make many happy. On the flip side I can hear the outrage now "Well it doesn't say you have to wear a mask", if that is a requirement that was omitted.

Edited by beerman2

7 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

And this I believe is the first this has shown up on CC. I don't check the cruise lines web site at this time.

Of course the ships are in Carnivals possession, however they aren't close to home ports in the USA. Do you actually think they will start sailing back to US ports before the CDC no sail order is lifted?

Most of the ships are already extremely close and a few of the others on on their way back. Conquest and Dream are on their way to St Maarten from South Africa. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

You are giving them a lot of credit for being to do things "at a moments notice". What they can't do "at a moments notice" is all the logistics that will be required to restart. This is really going to come down to how much notice the CDC gives them ahead of the no sail order being lift. If they give them no notice, Carnival will not be sailing when it's lifted. Once the no sail order is lifted they still have to check port by port to see if the governor's or mayor's order would prohibit embarkation/debarkation; they have to find out what ports will actually allow a cruise ship to dock and under what circumstances; they have to integrate the ports requirements into their "detailed plan"; they have to order and receive provisions; they have to get the crew onboard plus a two week quarantine once all crew are on board...

agree with the other posters who think that once they know they will be able to sail it will still be a 4-6 week process to get them sailing. 

• Like 1