Any Caribbean cruising from the US in 2021?

MarynaPav

Hi everyone, 

Let's share information, thoughts and plans re Caribbean cruising from the US in 2021. 

First of all, many of us have some FCC for the cruises cancelled in 2020, which are to expire at the end of 2021, as far as I know. 

In light of this, question about any cruising in 2021 is of big curiosity. But I suggest to narrow this topic to Caribbean cruising from the US. 

6 minutes ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

I have a Caribbean cruise booked for the beginning of July of 2021 out of Ft. Lauderdale.  I'm really hoping it is happening.

middle of April, 2021 here ... we'll let you know how it goes and what to expect 🥃

• Like 2

I think 2021 will happen at some level.. the question is when and with what restrictions.  I have an early January cruise booked on the Enchanted.  I'm really hoping they announce any cancellations before final payment.  I'd be thrilled at this point with testing, daily checks, public masks, and ship guided tours only like they are doing in Europe

"Let's share information, thoughts and plans re Caribbean cruising from the US in 2021. "

2021 is a gap year for us and it may be longer than that. No matter how much we enjoy being on board can't visualize a normal cruise experience in the Caribbean or any other location during the pandemic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RBAlbany said:

February 2021.  Keep thinking it would be better for me to cancel than them.  Final payment not that far away.

We're on the Feb 13 trip on the Enchanted, and our final payment is due Nov. 9. I'm quite confidant that they will announce the cancellation before that date, but if they drag it out, we'll cancel it ourselves at that time.

27 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Many of the cruise lines still haven't been able to repatriate all of their crew.  Realistically, if they haven't even been able to get their crew off the ships - it's hard to believe they will be letting passengers on anytime soon.

crew still onboard are being used to keep minimum ship operations going during the pause

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

We're on the Feb 13 trip on the Enchanted, and our final payment is due Nov. 9. I'm quite confidant that they will announce the cancellation before that date, but if they drag it out, we'll cancel it ourselves at that time.

Greetings lx200gps,

Princess has temporarily revised their cancellation policies through April 30, 2021.  Final Payment is due 60 days before departure, not their usual 90 days.  So if you’re on the Enchanted leaving on February 13th your final payment due date is not November 9th.

13 minutes ago, John99 said:

Greetings lx200gps,

Princess has temporarily revised their cancellation policies through April 30, 2021.  Final Payment is due 60 days before departure, not their usual 90 days.  So if you’re on the Enchanted leaving on February 13th your final payment due date is not November 9th.

Thanks John, good catch. I had simply looked at the invoice for the trip, dated a LONG time ago, and saw the November 9 date as final payment, forgetting about the new 60 day rule. Our final payment should be in mid-December.  I'm busy online with our TA booking a bunch of new trips during the big 3 day sale, so I'll ask her to confirm the exact final payment date.

45 minutes ago, voljeep said:

crew still onboard are being used to keep minimum ship operations going during the pause

If only that was true......

Stranded Mauritius crew threaten hunger strike to get home

There are many more reports of crew members who are trapped aboard cruise ships and unable to get home (google is your friend).  The fact that some crew members remain on board to maintain the ship does not diminish the plight of those who cannot return home.  

6 minutes ago, mnocket said:

If only that was true......

Stranded Mauritius crew threaten hunger strike to get home

There are many more reports of crew members who are trapped aboard cruise ships and unable to get home (google is your friend).  The fact that some crew members remain on board to maintain the ship does not diminish the plight of those who cannot return home.  

seems like it's a Mauritius gubmint restriction problem for their own "citizens"

Mauritians have been among the last crew to leave cruise vessels, due to government policy set by the Mauritius government.

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

seems like it's a Mauritius gubmint restriction problem for their own "citizens"

Mauritians have been among the last crew to leave cruise vessels, due to government policy set by the Mauritius government

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

There are many more reports of crew members who are trapped aboard cruise ships and unable to get home (google is your friend). 

• Haha 1