Price drop

ownedbypets

I havent gotten any price drops on the 6 I have booked but think I got special solo pricing which used to be hard to get.

Been watching YouTube cruising videos this afternoon. I think biker did one. Hes always telling us take the refund, wait to book after final payment.

One utube was about 8 reasons not to book 2021 now. One reason was that once the people see what all they have to do to cruise, demand will drop and prices for 2021. He thinks last minute prices will be down, not up from here. Either was biker or a close relative. Lol (sorry biker I appreciate your advice).

Demand will drive prices, not how much of a fcc you get. They would rather keep more of your money.

We have a short cruise booked for February 2021 and just got my third price adjustment. Do you think they are lowering the prices to get people to book or are they dropping prices so they have to give less in FCC?
To get people to book.
Because of the competition.
MSC has a 50% discount for ALL Cruises from September 2020 till March 2021, for healthcare workers .
30% discount in April and May 2021 for healthcare workers.

On 9/23/2020 at 10:35 PM, ownedbypets said:

We have a short cruise booked for February 2021 and just got my third price adjustment. Do you think they are lowering the prices to get people to book or are they dropping prices so they have to give less in FCC?

with my cruise, two weeks ago they were offering balcony cabin for two £1377 with $75 OBC.  Price went up to £1492 with $175 OBC.  Price then stayed the same but OBC reduced to $75?  Then price dropped again to £1452 with $75 OBC.  Guess who didn’t book at the cheapest price or with the highest OBC😢.  Now watching it like a hawk.  Had the £50 price drop today.

Edited by heatherbelle
Obc

25 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Have you measured how much time do you waste with looking and calling for prize drops and thereafter get your cruises cancelled in the current situation?

I quit looking as pretty much I cant tell you exactly how much any cost, except for my corner aft balcony and I'd have to go look to tell you which date its on.

I did watch my last booking for at least 3 weeks which was a great deal but I already have 6 booked if you count carnival. I finally contacted my ta. It was the best deal yet and couldn't say no. 7 booked. 

Usually cant find solo deals that the solo supplement isn't double, but rcl obviously isn't charging me double though heck if I can determine what %. Solo deals being hard to come by, not much pt in checking. Taking advantage when i find them. I rarely check. If rcl drops the price more I'm sure I'll see it posted, if not I'm happy. 

On 9/23/2020 at 6:35 PM, firefly333 said:

I havent gotten any price drops on the 6 I have booked but think I got special solo pricing which used to be hard to get.

Been watching YouTube cruising videos this afternoon. I think biker did one. Hes always telling us take the refund, wait to book after final payment.

One utube was about 8 reasons not to book 2021 now. One reason was that once the people see what all they have to do to cruise, demand will drop and prices for 2021. He thinks last minute prices will be down, not up from here. Either was biker or a close relative. Lol (sorry biker I appreciate your advice).

Demand will drive prices, not how much of a fcc you get. They would rather keep more of your money.

I will have to go look for these videos, how do I find biker on YouTube?

3 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I will have to go look for these videos, how do I find biker on YouTube?

It was a joke, one guy talks like biker on one of the videos I saw. But utube has a lot of cruise videos. I subscribed to one I think is called cruiselife the rest just kinda pop up. Sorry biker. I meant it as a joke. Love ya.

The one I subscribed to (just hit subscribe button) is a guy who used to work ncl I believe. He talks to friends on the ships so has a insider perspective. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, ownedbypets said:

RC has increased the prices for our B2B Caribbean cruise for March 2021.

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It was a joke, one guy talks like biker on one of the videos I saw. But utube has a lot of cruise videos. I subscribed to one I think is called cruiselife the rest just kinda pop up. Sorry biker. I meant it as a joke. Love ya.

The one I subscribed to (just hit subscribe button) is a guy who used to work ncl I believe. He talks to friends on the ships so has a insider perspective. 

Too funny! I'm watching some videos right now... 

On 9/23/2020 at 2:35 PM, ownedbypets said:

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

RC has increased the prices for our B2B Caribbean cruise for March 2021.

All 5 of my currently booked cruises have gone up since I purchased them.