Virtual treasure hunt.

Lanky Lad

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Hint: Not the midships bar ... but very close.

2 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

Downstairs on deck 2?

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Yes.

Just in case it wasn't obvious from this exchange, that artwork with the deer I posted was from Cafe Carinthia on QE.

Now, similar to the earlier artwork I posted from the Winter Garden on QV and Kings Court on QM2, can you identify this feature that is no more?

image.thumb.png.603b62b5b5fcbfc0cf1edbc237f7e55d.png

34 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Just in case it wasn't obvious from this exchange, that artwork with the deer I posted was from Cafe Carinthia on QE.

Now, similar to the earlier artwork I posted from the Winter Garden on QV and Kings Court on QM2, can you identify this feature that is no more?

image.thumb.png.603b62b5b5fcbfc0cf1edbc237f7e55d.png

One of the former elevators that went between the grand lobby on QM2 and Kings Court?

• Like 1

Just catching up with this thread - great fun. I don’t think we have had this location yet - but a bonus point if anyone can name where the main course dish in the foreground originated from... 

5E8B2632-D71E-4CE5-BFB5-4E95243D08ED.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kynance said:

Just catching up with this thread - great fun. I don’t think we have had this location yet - but a bonus point if anyone can name where the main course dish in the foreground originated from... 

5E8B2632-D71E-4CE5-BFB5-4E95243D08ED.jpeg

That is the steakhouse on I think Queen Victoria.  Would that be New Zealand lamb?  It looks good wherever it's from.

10 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

That is the steakhouse on I think Queen Victoria.  Would that be New Zealand lamb?  It looks good wherever it's from.

That”s correct Lanky Lad - lovely memories of a wonderful meal there last October. 

The lamb  was Welsh, actually, from the Rhug estate in North Wales.  I basically chose it because I rarely eat lamb at home and my partner’s daughter lives near there. The funny thing was, although the lamb was delicious, it had a lot of fat on it, which the waiter wasn’t happy about - both he and the restaurant manager were very apologetic and waived the charge for my entire meal! 

• Like 1