Enchanted Princess 4/3/2021 Transatlantic cancelled

spingal

Just notified our April 17th Barcelona - Rome on Enchanted was cancelled because of deployment.  Their new itinerary is Rome to Rome, no Barcelona and added Corsica.  This was our 3rd Mediterranean cruise cancelled.  Is this a sign? We had amazing accommodations.  It said in the email that new bookings are available Oct. 2nd. and start in May 2021.   

56 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That means the transatlantic sailing is not really cancelled. It is just postponed from April to become May.

In other words, Princess is still expected to have the ship in the Caribbean for winter and will sail there until early May?

• Like 1

Our Rome to Athens on Enchanted June 5 has been redeployed to round trip Rome with some island stops instead of the great itinerary it had. This was to be our granddaughter’s graduation trip, and we had tours, apartments, and air booked. Really upset! I wonder if they are doing the islands so they can control our excursions? We can visit beaches in the Caribbean for a lot less money.

31 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

That means the transatlantic sailing is not really cancelled. It is just postponed from April to become May.

In other words, Princess is still expected to have the ship in the Caribbean for winter and will sail there until early May?

That's how I interpret it (thanks to @princessfanboy) I've already asked my PVP if I can have the same room just a just a month later

I agree, we should have been offered a move over.  I just talked to our Princess Cruise planner and she says that prices have NOT been posted yet but I think we can ALL agree that there will be an increase to help pay for Princess losses this year.  Just a side note, I was wondering if the reason they have now eliminated Barcelona is because of the Covid increase in Spain that I've been reading about in the news. Their numbers are really climbing.  Who knows. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

It is interesting they did not offer those to move over in same cabin and price protection.

We have not received a cancelation notice from Princess yet, checked both of our email.  

Agree with you about the move over, hate to lose our cabin and the price, as we booked back in Sept of 2019!

Edited by galelynn

11 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am still confused as to how this May TA is taking place since they are leaving the ship in Europe.  The ship is being received on September 30 and will stay in Europe.  What am I missing or am I not understanding something?

Princess is contradicting it self, Tony Roberts (Vice President UK & Europe for Princess cruises), announced on twitter, that the ship would stay in Europe throughout summer 2021.
I attached the tweet, were he announced it earlier today.

25 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That's how I interpret it (thanks to @princessfanboy) I've already asked my PVP if I can have the same room just a just a month later

You are welcome, Princess is contradicting within there inner circle.

Look at the tweet from  Vice President UK & Europe for Princess cruises, Tony Roberts

2073301833_CapturadePantalla2020-09-24ala(s)13_50_54.thumb.png.dce59e477df76412dc38bb460a0e835c.png

• Like 1

So I am confused! We have a Caribbean cruise booked on the Enchanted in Feb.

Am I understanding correctly that the TA from Fort Lauderdale has been canceled? If so, then that would lead me to believe that the Enchanted is not coming over to the US and thus our Caribbean cruise will not be happening???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #1Nanna said:

Am I understanding correctly that the TA from Fort Lauderdale has been canceled? If so, then that would lead me to believe that the Enchanted is not coming over to the US and thus our Caribbean cruise will not be happening???

This is my conclusion.

3 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am still confused as to how this May TA is taking place since they are leaving the ship in Europe.  The ship is being received on September 30 and will stay in Europe.  What am I missing or am I not understanding something?

I agree with you.  Earlier in that virtual thing they hold with Jan once a month she said it would be delivered Sept 30 and stay in Trieste.  They still had to bring ship to FLL for the planned TA in April.  Obviously they just moved the dates and changed the ports for the entire season.

I have that May 8-29 RT Barcelona date.  But I do not like the new itinerary ports on the TA to Rome.  I want to change to Sept 4-18 then 18-25.  Like that combination better.  Hope I can get my same cabin.  I will have my TA call on Oct 2!  Hope that date is for passengers already booked only so they don’t sell out too quickly with everyone make changes.  

Big mess!

1 hour ago, #1Nanna said:

The Enchanted is still planned to cruise in the Caribbean prior to repositioning to Europe.  Enchanted has a NEW 14 Day Transatlantic from Ft Lauderdale to Rome departing May 8th.  It will go on sale Oct 7th, along with a whole new European schedule of 7 night cruises Round Trip from Rome, then she will reposition to Ft. Lauderdale on a 15 day Transatlantic on November 15th.  See below for full itinerary details:

Enchanted Europe Redeployment 2021.pdf

Her entire previous season of 7 day cruises from Barcelona-Rome, Rome-Athens and Athens-Barcelona that could be combined to make 14 or 28 day itineraries has been scrapped in favor of the above.

Her last Caribbean cruise is 3/27-4/3 2021.  This leaves a 5 week gap in her schedule in Ft. Lauderdale.  Expect additional Caribbean sailings between 4/3 and 5/8 to be forthcoming next month

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The Enchanted is still planned to cruise in the Caribbean prior to repositioning to Europe.  Enchanted has a NEW 14 Day Transatlantic from Ft Lauderdale to Rome departing May 8th.  It will go on sale Oct 7th, along with a whole new European schedule of 7 night cruises Round Trip from Rome, then she will reposition to Ft. Lauderdale on a 15 day Transatlantic on November 15th.  See below for full itinerary details:

Enchanted Europe Redeployment 2021.pdf 284.76 kB · 4 downloads

Her entire previous season of 7 day cruises from Barcelona-Rome, Rome-Athens and Athens-Barcelona that could be combined to make 14 or 28 day itineraries has been scrapped in favor of the above.

Her last Caribbean cruise is 3/27-4/3 2021.  This leaves a 5 week gap in her schedule in Ft. Lauderdale.  Expect additional Caribbean sailings between 4/3 and 5/8 to be forthcoming next month

Where did you get the information that the sale for the Enchanted starts Oct 7th as we were told differently for the 14 day TA?

7 hours ago, tillys mom said:

Does anyone know why they have eliminated Athens? I thought Greece was doing really well.

I'm guessing in the COVID era, Princess is limiting its embarkation and disembarkation ports. It appears all of their European itineraries next summer now only depart from Southampton or Civitavecchia. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

I'm guessing in the COVID era, Princess is limiting its embarkation and disembarkation ports. It appears all of their European itineraries next summer now only depart from Southampton or Civitavecchia. 

Exactly. 

Based on all of the cruise lines shifting around of ships and schedules all you are going to get are bread and butter 3-7 day cruises in and out of the same port for the next year or so to the typical ports in Asia/Carribean/Med. If the cruise lines need to move a ship to a new area they will do so without passengers. No TA or TP on Carnival, Royal, or NCL. This, along with all the new restrictions means I will be doing land only trips for a few years. Doing an Oregon Trail trip in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Glad to see that the Enchanted will be staying on this side of the pond for an additional 5 weeks.  This will reinforce the chance that she will actually have her inaugural sailing over Christmas and we'll be on her fourth sailing.  Don't care about having to wear a mask at times.  And since we'll only get off the ship at Princess Cay, ship sponsored only excursions will be a moot point to us since we'll be staying on board to explore a brand new ship and enjoy our drink package.

• Like 1