Does FCC come in original passengers' name only?

Chicken_Lips

Just heard that my cruise next year already got cancelled. I booked and paid for my friend Chris and myself. Before I call and get placed on forever hold by my TA, I thought I'd run it by CC first.

If I ask for FCC, can I get all of the FCC under my name only? Or does his portion of the fare come with FCC in his name. He can't make the cruises I want to rebook, so I was wondering if I can use all the FCC for myself on future bookings.

If not, no big deal. I originally paid extra for a refundable fare. I assume I can just get it all back as a refund if I can't get it all as FCC under my name only.

9 minutes ago, Chicken_Lips said:

Just heard that my cruise next year already got cancelled. I booked and paid for my friend Chris and myself. Before I call and get placed on forever hold by my TA, I thought I'd run it by CC first.

If I ask for FCC, can I get all of the FCC under my name only? Or does his portion of the fare come with FCC in his name. He can't make the cruises I want to rebook, so I was wondering if I can use all the FCC for myself on future bookings.

If not, no big deal. I originally paid extra for a refundable fare. I assume I can just get it all back as a refund if I can't get it all as FCC under my name only.

I took one fcc, and found rules changing annoying though now you can also use toward deposit if more than your fcc. Who is to say rules to apply wouldnt change again. 

If your fcc is more than the next cruise you book leftover fcc does not get issued until after you take that cruise and get a new fcc issued in your name.

2nd canc I choose refund ... but that was before rule change that fcc now can cover deposit. 

Biker always posts take the refund. Rebook after final booking after cruises restart. Idk if there will be bargains or not. I rebooked ... and then some but will pay as I go after I use the one fcc. 

Our experience might show that RC is willing to change the name on the FCC. We recently took the FCC offer and booked a March 2022 Odyssey of the Seas cruise. We had about $500 in FCC leftover between my husband, our son and me. The RC person was willing to put that remaining amount only to my husband's and my name, just so we wouldn't have a random, small amount, and wouldn't be "forced" to take our son with us. 🙂 Of course, this means we may have to book a parents-only cruise. 😉

YMMV, but it does appear that there could be some flexibility. No harm in asking and explaining your case. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe there has been some accomodating to allow the FCC's to transfer to other people.

The reasoning is to accomodate those fearful of cruising 

I think I read something like this, like if the other person is elderly the FCC could be transferred to someone else. 

• Thanks 1

I recently rebooked a cruise that was cancelled last March.  I rebooked to March of 2021. One of the original people will not be able to go in 2021.  When I call the C & A Society to ask, they told me I had to take the 100% refund to get all of my money back.  With the FCC, the 125% credit could only go to the person whose name was on the ticket even though I paid for all 4 people.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:42 PM, Chicken_Lips said:

Our June 2020 Allure cruise we cancelled before final payment and took FCC through CWC.

The £300 deposit has been split with 2 vouchers.

£150 FCC in my name.

£150FCC in my wife's name.

Graham.