C&A number won't update when creating a new booking.

rockmom

I'm hoping that someone else has run into this or maybe some of our TA members like @Ourusualbeach might know. When I go to make a new booking on the RCCL site, I always add in my C&A number, state and 55+ to make sure I get any discounts.  I noticed yesterday that it wasn't adding in the C&A number.  Same for today and I tried it on a variety of ships, itineraries, etc.  So then I go and look at the booking I made last week on Brilliance (yeah, booked it and then it got shifted).  Nowhere on my invoice does it list the C&A balcony discount and now of course, that sailing is being moved. We had pulled the trigger on that pretty quickly because one aft balcony had opened up.  The booking didn't generate an invoice on it's own, I called and used the automatic 'send my invoice' method.  About the same time it landed in my inbox is when the postings on here started about the Brilliance sailings being moved to Indy. I have never received an email letter about that at all.  However, I am still wondering about what is going on with the balcony discount and why the site won't add the C&A number when creating a booking.  I'm sure it's too much to hope for that they'll give me that adjustment when all this shakes out.  

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's been messed up on their site for a while for some people.  Still works fine on the site the TA's use.  I'd suggest calling to get it added. 

Thanks--but I wonder if they'll apply the discount since now this is a booking in 'limbo' because of the switch?  

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have had to rre-enter my C and A number again in the section where it asks for your name and dob.  It seems to drop off sometimes between pricing and entering names etc

I noticed that too, and I did enter it on that page when I did the Brilliance booking, but the invoice still doesn't show it, nor did it show any C&A balcony discount.  I guess if I ever get a new invoice/new room assignment I can call and do battle at that point.  

2 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I noticed that too, and I did enter it on that page when I did the Brilliance booking, but the invoice still doesn't show it, nor did it show any C&A balcony discount.  I guess if I ever get a new invoice/new room assignment I can call and do battle at that point.  

There also could be another promo with a batter value than your balcony discount.  If so the system gives whichever is a better price.  There was a sale recently giving $300 off which is higher than most c and a balcony discounts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Thanks--but I wonder if they'll apply the discount since now this is a booking in 'limbo' because of the switch?  

I've been complaining for a while. Not new problem for me. Idk how long ago I booked and lifted and shifted to allure.. months and months now. Even then my ta had a different balcony price.

Just lately I posted that I booked another, and had to contact my ta to get real balcony price. Luckily he found a better deal on a hump than the rcl site price I saw for a d6. Idk if it's ever worked right for me as a lowly diamond. I just have to ask my ta every time. He always sees a better price so I know my balcony discount doesnt work, but yet takes off for senior or texas. 

53 minutes ago, molly361 said:

There also could be another promo with a batter value than your balcony discount.  If so the system gives whichever is a better price.  There was a sale recently giving $300 off which is higher than most c and a balcony discounts

Maybe my ta has magic fingers. He always has come up with a better price than rcl site. Even with the $450 off promo.

I did a ghost booking, and it did the same thing to me.  I thought at first it might be the browser, but it dropped the $250 C&A balcony discount in favor of a $200 flash sale discount.  Kind of sneaky.  So, I went back to the guest information page and entered both our C&A numbers, and the $250 C&A discount showed up in the total, and the flash sale discount was dropped.

• Like 1