Letter of Employment Sent to Waiter on Navigator of the Seas. Looks Like Short Sailings Are A Go November 1st.

2 minutes ago, miami562 said:

This is from the Florida Department of Health. This is the source being used by the government leaders to make decisions on reopening. These are the numbers reported daily by every media source in Florida.

Understood.  The link I provided is from Johns Hopkins University of Medicine Coronavirus Research Center.

Edited by time4u2go

10 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Understood.  The link I provided is from Johns Hopkins University of Medicine Coronavirus Research Center.

Looks like the John Hopkins site is understating the denominator. It is showing roughly 20,000 to 30,000 daily tests. The number is much higher. You have to average 10/9 and 10/10 due to a data dump.

image.png.783e2ed5e727dd8eaff08b7ab00a62fe.png

16 minutes ago, miami562 said:

Looks like the John Hopkins site is understating the denominator. It is showing roughly 20,000 to 30,000 daily tests. The number is much higher. You have to average 10/9 and 10/10 due to a data dump.

Here's a good explanation of why there is a discrepancy.  Not sure which is right or wrong, but apparently Florida's way of reporting their rate is different than other states:

https://www.wftv.com/news/covid-19-positivity-how-florida-calculates-its-rate-why-that-matters/U7FKUE2KXZFOFP4R6S76ZU6BJ4/

From the article:

Of the 10 largest health departments in the nation, all of them include every positive and negative test in calculating their positivity rate.

Their rationale for including repeat positive tests is simple: If a person is still testing positive, they’re still capable of spreading the virus. Florida has not followed suit in that regard.

Edited by time4u2go

39 minutes ago, miami562 said:

Yes, the data dump was much in the news in the last few days -- averaging the two dates is necessary.  Now that our State is 100% open, we'll have to wait and see how the numbers play out.  

I really am trying not to read anything into why liberty cd is posting for my april roll call but not feb. I sure hope rcl is going by feb, but just saw that carnival cancelled dec cruises now. 

Hopefully he just likes us. ... though the fact he says sending crew home and dropping to 300 onboard sounded to me like they arent planning to start right away.

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

A more accurate comment would be basically all businesses are allowed to be open here in Florida. But things are still far from normal down here. 

Pretty much back to normal but not in the best shape. I’m glad we live in a state that lets us conduct business as normal.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I really am trying not to read anything into why liberty cd is posting for my april roll call but not feb. I sure hope rcl is going by feb, but just saw that carnival cancelled dec cruises now. 

Hopefully he just likes us. ... though the fact he says sending crew home and dropping to 300 onboard sounded to me like they arent planning to start right away.

Not sure why Liberty would have had that many crew on board.  Harmony a wee’ ago had just over 100 which is all they need to keep the ship going. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure why Liberty would have had that many crew on board.  Harmony a wee’ ago had just over 100 which is all they need to keep the ship going. 

Well people were hoping liberty out of Galveston would start again soon by december. That's why I didnt like hearing crew is being sent home.

I'm thinking december out for Galveston:(

On 10/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, Joseph2017China said:

.......It will happen in November.......

Maybe from another country but not from here.

Riley Tench was called back for Quantum OTS in Singapore. Now if we can have some crew who are actually being sent to some ships in Florida.

On 10/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, Joseph2017China said:

.......It will happen in November.......

Maybe from another country but not from here.

Riley Tench was called back for Quantum OTS in Singapore. Now if we can have some crew who are actually being sent to some ships in Florida.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:46 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

And then they will have to quarantine for 2 weeks , then test sailings....which makes starting up Nov 1 pretty much impossible.  More likely a End November or Early December start up.

Those are about the same dates I came up with.  2 week quarantine and then 2 or three weeks of training.  Then cancell a month of cruises as they need to all be changed to cruises to private islands.  As of today wonder what ports near Florida are open to cruise ships?

If Florida cases and hospital load increases will Florida need to close the ports or change testing requirements to ensure passengers travelling to the port are not likely to be COVID positive.

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

..  As of today wonder what ports near Florida are open to cruise ships?..

Bahamas entering phase 3 tomorrow.  Ports will not open there until phase 4 -- whenever that is.  That is the closest island to Florida for short cruises.  I don't know of any ports that are open now.  Even if the CDC gives the green light, the ports have to be open and no telling when that might be.  I think we can kiss 2020 goodbye from what I see. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Bahamas entering phase 3 tomorrow.  Ports will not open there until phase 4 -- whenever that is.  That is the closest island to Florida for short cruises.  I don't know of any ports that are open now.  Even if the CDC gives the green light, the ports have to be open and no telling when that might be.  I think we can kiss 2020 goodbye from what I see. 

Coco Cay is part of the Bahamas. Does the phase opening you mentioned apply to that private island?

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Coco Cay is part of the Bahamas. Does the phase opening you mentioned apply to that private island?

I believe so - unless they come to an agreement regarding the private islands and the cruise lines earlier.  They are eager to open. It’s a poor country as it is and hit very hard by the lack of tourism. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Mexico opened some "tourist" areas while keeping the rest of the country off limits.  Coco Cay is isolated, and could easily be allowed to operate.  That's the local government making the exceptions.  Just because a place is under a lockdown from tourists, does not mean, they can't make controlled exceptions. So testing will happen in November, and by December, you will see some short cruises, and they will be adapted from lessons learned in Singapore. 

• Thanks 1

At this point in time, it is highly unlikely that cruises will restart in December out of the United States.  The CDC has given no indication that they are willing to lift the no-sail order.  There are no ports open to cruise ships.  The US does not allow cruises to nowhere.  RCG trying to raise an additional 1 billion indicates that they are expecting a longer than expected pause in cruising.  It could be February or later when we see the return of cruising.  The Covid cases in Florida, although lower than in July, are not as low as they should be. I'm hoping cruising restarts earlier but it is not looking good for December at all. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

RCG trying to raise an additional 1 billion indicates that they are expecting a longer than expected pause in cruising.  

Or, they found a cheaper way to finance their debt - some of the debt they took on early on had interest over 10% and some of it is due soon.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Or, they found a cheaper way to finance their debt - some of the debt they took on early on had interest over 10% and some of it is due soon.

That is another possibility.  News that Israeli billionaire looking to sell 10 million of Royal stock not a good sign. 

https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-Eyal-Ofer-to-sell-Royal-Caribbean-Cruise-stake-1001345705

50 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

At this point in time, it is highly unlikely that cruises will restart in December out of the United States.  The CDC has given no indication that they are willing to lift the no-sail order.  There are no ports open to cruise ships.  The US does not allow cruises to nowhere.  RCG trying to raise an additional 1 billion indicates that they are expecting a longer than expected pause in cruising.  It could be February or later when we see the return of cruising.  The Covid cases in Florida, although lower than in July, are not as low as they should be. I'm hoping cruising restarts earlier but it is not looking good for December at all. 

Any idea if the ships have the new air filtration systems installed yet?