November cancellations immanent

32 minutes ago, little britain said:

Strange. Azamara cancelled until March.   They usually mirror each other’s policies. 
The Quest resumes 3/20, Journey 4/9 and Pursuit 5/9.

Azamara also sails longer itineraries and unique ports that made it more difficult to resume operations Compared to being able to start off with short cruises that will only stop at select ports.

• Like 1

Wonder why Royal hasn’t canceled Asia yet.  I have a Japan April 5 booked

Celebrity Cruises will also be suspending their full 2020/21 Winter program in Australia and Asia. Additionally, Azamara will be suspending their 2020/21 Winter sailings throughout Australia & New Zealand, South Africa and South America

9 minutes ago, shemp2000 said:

Celebrity Cruises will also be suspending their full 2020/21 Winter program in Australia and Asia. Additionally, Azamara will be suspending their 2020/21 Winter sailings throughout Australia & New Zealand, South Africa and South America

I think it will follow soon.  We are on a 7 May 2021 TP on Ovation embarking in Tokyo, so since Celebrity cancelled all their TP's, I assume Royal will follow suit.  🍷

17 hours ago, yogimax said:

They only kicked it down the road for another month.  This is slow torture.

Yup, applied for my cash refund within 5 minutes after I go my cancellation email.  

Just one more (Harmony 12/6) to suffer through on the waiting game....then 2020 is over for me.  

8 hours ago, shemp2000 said:

I believe, comparing between Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Asia sailings, Royal Caribbean has a higher proportion of Asian passengers. Hence Royal Caribbean may think it is still possible to operate those cruises by selling to local residents only (and possibly allowing other nationalities to cancel booking).

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Strange. Azamara cancelled until March.   They usually mirror each other’s policies. 
The Quest resumes 3/20, Journey 4/9 and Pursuit 5/9.

This is because Royal and Celebrity have some short cruises departing from Florida homeports (Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, etc.), in which they still have little hope that these cruises may operate in December.

But the 3 Azamara ships sail in South America, Australia, Africa respectively in the coming half year. This is highly impossible that those ports will re-open, or most of the passengers will be banned from entry to those countries in the exotic itineraries. So it is logical for Azamara to cancel the entire season.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup, applied for my cash refund within 5 minutes after I go my cancellation email.  

Just one more (Harmony 12/6) to suffer through on the waiting game....then 2020 is over for me.  

Our November Anthem also went bye-bye.  Next one is February Enchantment.

Odds?  I'll say 90-10 in favor of a no go.