NCL Joy in the Philippines

Chris_2448

21 hours ago, oteixeira said:

@FreestyleNovice  Glad to see this, but we are basically admitting no cruises until January based on this, since crew transfers for other ships would come from these two.  I also see no way they go to India with how that country is doing with the Covid, so that will be interesting.  Hoping for the best, as I am still on the Escape from Jan 9th, and the only way I am not onboard is if NCL tells me they have cancelled.

They have some lead time to quarantine crew now before they board the ship then. If that's what they will do in India, picking up crew. A few stops are technical stops (fuel, supplies, etc), the others are pick up stops I assume. Or other ships will be in/around those ports to transfer crew.

We will only know when the ships depart from Manilla and make their first calls.. :classic_smile: You may want to monitor the other NCL ships to see if there's any movement. Might be a good thread, the daily ship report!

edit; nevermind, https://www.c r u i s i n.m e/cruise-ship-tracker/norwegian-cruise-line/fleet/  :classic_blush:

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Like 1

Heres the window of opportunity folks for those like me who are Hell bent on getting on a ship

Jan2- any cruise ending prior to Jan 20th

IF (please read IF) Biden wins the election and is sworn in on the 20th there is a oretty good chance he will reverse the WH order to over rule the CDC, place that back in their jurisdiction and the CDC will shut down cruising again. So for me, even if thats a long shot, two and a half weeks of January are going to be a good target. I will have had three cruises cancel on me since the No Sail Order now assuming my Escape in Dec gets whacked too. 

Just sharing my perspective. This isnt a politically motivated post AT ALL. I hate politics Im just looking at the possibilities. 

16 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Heres the window of opportunity folks for those like me who are Hell bent on getting on a ship

Jan2- any cruise ending prior to Jan 20th

IF (please read IF) Biden wins the election and is sworn in on the 20th there is a oretty good chance he will reverse the WH order to over rule the CDC, place that back in their jurisdiction and the CDC will shut down cruising again. So for me, even if thats a long shot, two and a half weeks of January are going to be a good target. I will have had three cruises cancel on me since the No Sail Order now assuming my Escape in Dec gets whacked too. 

Just sharing my perspective. This isnt a politically motivated post AT ALL. I hate politics Im just looking at the possibilities. 

Actually, if he wins it could happen immediately. The first thing that happens if he wins is a transition team will be put in place to handle decisions like these that occur between the election and when he takes office. Traditionally, the incoming administration has a big say on what happens. I suspect the transition team will refer to the CDC and let them do what they want with the No Sail Order. Even more so with Covid on the  rise.

33 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Actually, if he wins it could happen immediately. The first thing that happens if he wins is a transition team will be put in place to handle decisions like these that occur between the election and when he takes office. Traditionally, the incoming administration has a big say on what happens. I suspect the transition team will refer to the CDC and let them do what they want with the No Sail Order. Even more so with Covid on the  rise.

Like I said Im not politically saavy, I didnt realize this could happen. Thanks for sharing. I’m tired of chasing FCCs. Maybe its time to throw in the towel after the 3rd if thats what happens and wait until Spring or early summer. 

Thanks again for that piece. 

Or the CDC will say let them hang themselves, they cried to get started, let them start. If cases appear on the ships and it becomes a mess, they can say I told you so, if it goes smoothly everyone is happy and people will forget that the CDC wanted to pause them until March. My fear is that with cases sky rocketing in Miami things will not go smoothly.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 12:17 PM, HaveWeMetYet said:

Traditionally, the incoming administration has a big say on what happens. I suspect the transition team will refer to the CDC and let them do what they want with the No Sail Order. 

Good supposition, however as you know the transition team has zero statutory authority.  Your premise relies on tradition being followed.  If we've learned anything these last few years "tradition" is not a priority.  My guess is nothing will change until there is (if) a transition of power on January 20th.   We'll see . . .  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, deadzone1003 said:

If the NCL Joy was scheduled to leave on the 23rd, the ship is behind schedule as it is the 24th in Manila and it is still docked there.  

Not a good sign for that timeline. I’ve been watching myself as well to guage the legitimacy of the info. 

Promises of announcements and rumors and super secret plans... Ugh. 

Doing some facebook foo and found this:

Check out the date on the photo.  

This one is from the 14th, and is taken from a hotel near the port, we know they were supposed to quarantine when they got onsite....

Same hotel, same day, wearing NCL branded face mask...

• Like 1

Thanks for those!! Interesting. lol

We need to find someone with a huge zoom lens there to do some surveillance for us!! haha. The hotel is right across the street. 

I’m feeling better about them leaving soon especially seeing that, however if thats a week ago and they need two weeks of quarantine and everyone is iut hanging out...... Ummm yeah. not sure. 

Edited by BoundForSea
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Thanks for those!! Interesting. lol

We need to find someone with a huge zoom lens there to do some surveillance for us!! haha. The hotel is right across the street. 

I’m feeling better about them leaving soon especially seeing that, however if thats a week ago and they need two weeks of quarantine and everyone is iut hanging out...... Ummm yeah. not sure. 

Totally agree with what you are saying.  And before anyone says it, none of my pictures prove people are getting on or off, or are working new contracts or old, etc, etc.  I am aware of that.  I just found them to be interesting.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

So Joy is still at the pier and its well into the 24th. Combine that with no US Govt announcement that shluld have come this week and those photos and I’m thinking that timeline is probably getting pushed back. 

"26th Oct" and "29th Oct" both have been mentioned in some of the most recent comments from crew members on social media.

Not sure how many new crew members have already embarked, or if they are still waiting for the test results in the hotels.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

24 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

"26th Oct" and "29th Oct" both have been mentioned in some of the most recent comments from crew members on social media.

Not sure how many new crew members have already embarked, or if they are still waiting for the test results in the hotels.

So youre going to laugh at this, and its surely proof I need to spend time with other hobbies, 🙄🤦‍♂️ but I believe there isnt an abundance of crew on board yet just by the pure fact that I havent seen a single person on the bow out of all the times Ive looked at the cam. Thats a popular spot to go get out for a while for them and is what it was designed for (make calls,  and just get outside) so that tells me they havent boarded yet. 

My 12 December is for sure a loss, next up in line is Jan 9 or 10. I just wish they would chop these that they know arent going to go in December, but alas I know its revenue on the sheet for a few more days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rasmus said:

Both heading to the Gulf of Lingayen as per MarineTraffic.  Genting Dream is also leaving the area. All three probably getting out of the way of approaching tropical storm/typhoon MOLAVE.

Always best to be west of Luzon with a tropical storm on the way.  Royal Caribbean made 2 stops in Ilocos Sur province in December and January recently, but there are no docks available for cruise ships, took a while to get 4,000 to the shore 200 people per boat. 

So this morning (10 PM there) was the first time I started to see crew in street clothes on the crew area of the bow on the camera since Ive been checking. That MAY mean that theyve begun boarding and the 29th date for departure one of you guys mentioned may be correct. 

If it does, by the leaked schedule of stops on the way here it means they should arrive in Miami just about Christmas Eve or Day and Escape about New Years. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

So this morning (10 PM there) was the first time I started to see crew in street clothes on the crew area of the bow on the camera since Ive been checking. That MAY mean that theyve begun boarding and the 29th date for departure one of you guys mentioned may be correct. 

If it does, by the leaked schedule of stops on the way here it means they should arrive in Miami just about Christmas Eve or Day and Escape about New Years. 

E75FCD8F-B2A9-4654-AC86-0803717E742F.jpeg

• Like 1