Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

Just booked a 16 days cruise from Galveston to Barcelona in Mar 21.  As a D+ getting the Single Supplement rate the RCI Agent called her next level and confirmed that I would get 16 x 2 x 2 for 64 points or 4 points per night.  When I asked about the cruises that I had booked earlier this year for 2021 she advised they would count for Double Points also, but since that didn't come to her from the next level I'm not sure it is correct.  We'll see.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It be real nice if a waiter from Boleros would pop up there every 30 minutes or so during happy hour,  would be a great spot to enjoy a few drinks. 

It's really a forgotten hideaway. Kind of likevthe little balconies on deck 9 overlooking Central Park

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, caribbeanboy said:

If a book a solo cabin, will i get 4 points per night? 

YES, if it's a cabin intended for double occupancy.

If it is marketed as a solo (studio) cabin, 2 points per night.

Remember, the promotion is "double". If you know what you would have gotten without the promotion, just DOUBLE it.

• Like 1

All this talk had me thinking, maybe I should book a 7 night out of Bella's home town (easiest for me to get to).  I went and looked at the website.  OUCH.  I'd rather wait and book 2 cruises at a better fare, get the single points, but cruise twice.  

Personal decision, yours can vary

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

A Solo D+ with more than 340 points in a Solo Cabin get 4 points per night.

If they are a solo and in a solo cabin (would have only received 1 point under the regular system) they will only get 2 points.

Whatever points you would have received just double it 

being D+ makes no difference. 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

This would be 4 x extra. Why wouldnt they just get 2 pts if booked in a solo cabin where they usually get 1.

That's why I moved my bookings to double occupancy cabins ... though after reading thru all this now I want a suite.

I see ourusualbeach beat me to it. Sorry.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

This would be 4 x extra. Why wouldnt they just get 2 pts if booked in a solo cabin where they usually get 1.

That's why I moved my bookings to double occupancy cabins ... though after reading thru all this now I want a suite.

Is the money you spend for a suite worth it to you for the extra points you would get?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If they are a solo and in a solo cabin (would have only received 1 point under the regular system) they will only get 2 points.

Whatever points you would have received just double it 

being D+ makes no difference. 

I confirmed today when I made a Solo inside cabin reservation and talking with two RCI agents, one a supervisor, who gave me this information that I'd get 4 points per night.  I always get 2 points as a Solo even without this promotion.  And your source is who?

Edited by DeputyDawg46
Clarify

3 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I confirmed today with two RCI agents, one a supervisor, who gave me this information that I'd get 4 points per night.  And your source is who?

Are you booking a true solo cabin that can only be booked by one person or are you booking one person in a cabin designed fir 2.

I think there was a breakdown in communication.

My source reports directly to M Bayley.  The double points is precisely that,  It is double what you would normally get.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are you booking a true solo cabin that can only be booked by one person or are you booking one person in a cabin designed fir 2.

I think there was a breakdown in communication.

My source reports directly to M Bayley.  The double points is precisely that,  It is double what you would normally get.

I'm always booking a Solo in a cabin for 2 and I always get 2 points per nights once I reached 340 points.  What I normally get, when Solo, is 2 points per night.

3 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I'm always booking a Solo in a cabin for 2 and I always get 2 points per nights once I reached 340 points.  What I normally get, when Solo, is 2 points per night.

A solo in a cabin for 2 will get 2 points regardless of their level and would now get 4 points.

your initial post said solo in a solo cabin which to me means  solo In a studio cabin that would normally get 2 point and now gets 2.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is the money you spend for a suite worth it to you for the extra points you would get?

Hard to say during covid when I might spend more time in my cabin.

The view from a suite is semi lost on me. I had 2.5 acres across from pipeline wave in hawaii and my boca condo I had a private beach view both directions one story below penthouse. 

I got a JS because I brought a long time gf who had done a lot of trips with me before she married and I wanted her to love cruising., to me I dont care. If I'm alone normally I'd rather be up near the pool deck around people. Not alone in my cabin. I can do that at home.

Idk. Normally I dont care too much, though I really want to try a inside view balcony near the aqua show, but just that. Though those aqua suites sound awesome. That's the only one I covet. 

55 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

10 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

So you are not a solo in a solo cabin. You are a solo in a double cabin. And whether you have more than 340 points, or are D+, is totally irrelevant. It appears that your contacts are irrelevant also.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

Yes I had some solo cabins booked and then found out I get 2 with a regular cabin. Havent cruised since they started the double solo pts. My poor ta had to redo all my bookings. 

I was booked on jewel and explorer which have solo cabins ... meant for only one. Some ships dont have solo cabins, like liberty doesnt. 

So yes, I guess I was willing to chase loyalty pts a bit. And covid got worse and I dont want a inside cabin until covid is better, I want fresh air. So I'm still figuring out my style I guess as new to solo cruising.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A solo in a cabin for 2 will get 2 points regardless of their level and would now get 4 points.

your initial post said solo in a solo cabin which to me means  solo In a studio cabin that would normally get 2 point and now gets 2.

Thanks for the clarification.  I wasn't thinking of a "Solo" cabin as I'm not aware of them as I always just get a cabin type for 2-4 people.  I was just saying I was Solo and all of the other data about D+, etc, was just data in case someone had questions as to whether status, points, etc, made a difference.  The good point is the once we start cruising again and the points start coming, I'll make the next tier in Jan-Mar 21.

• Like 1