If the rumours are true that Celebrity will become an all inclusive cruiseline...

Quo Vadis?

16 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Existing bookings will keep their pricing and amenities, as always is the case when a new promo or pricing campaign starts. 

But, how many existing bookings will remain, once cruising restarts. I think it will depend on the number of days.

4 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There are a few documents out there already that make me believe the new pricing structure (as they call it) may only apply to the Galapagos ships and Edge class. We'll see. 

I'll hold off on posting the graphic. There are a few descriptors listed that will undoubtedly ruffle some feathers here. 

Galapagos has been all-inclusive for years!

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

I've read that the Galapagos cruises are excluded.

22 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The FAQ does indeed say Galapagos cruises are excluded. I'm not familiar at all with those ships or how they operate. 

Flora is an all suite ship, all-inclusive, including shore excursions, so that may be why.

Edited by C-Dragons

20 hours ago, dvt8 said:

All inclusive is whatever the cruise line deems to be profitable. I suppose it's like flying economy, premium or business on a full service airline. The level of all inclusiveness will depend on the class in which you choose to travel. Drinks might be included for everyone but you might pay a higher price if you want a premium package. Wifi might be included for everyone but do you want to check emails or stream movies? 

These changes are designed to increase profit so don't go expecting one level of AI in my opinion. 

Looks like I was right in that they have offered 3 levels of all inclusive. Doesn't surprise me at all

7 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Feels so good I bet

It feels good that they have listened to customers. I was part of the research groups where they sent surveys on AI and I pretty much supported what they were thinking. So yes, it feels good that they are offering something that I want to buy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sippican said:

I think it stinks!

It totally ignores loyalty levels.

Have they confirmed what happens to loyalty levels? The press release says there will be new benefits although I can't see the detail. 

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Flora is an all suite ship, all-inclusive, including shore excursions, so that may be why.

During the seminar it was explained that it was stated that way since all Galapagos ships are already all inclusive.

2 minutes ago, sippican said:

During the seminar it was explained that it was stated that way since all Galapagos ships are already all inclusive.

If you cruise for itineraries, not lines, seems you have answered your question

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

If they were really trying to simplify then why are there still many options.

To me there are as many options or more than there were before.   Let's call it what it is a profit grab.

It effectively ends all of the various promotional and perk combinations that people here complain about endlessly. 

It is a profit grab. They have not sailed in 8 months and are bleeding cash. Without this profit grab and the additional grabs to come, there are no Celebrity cruises. At all. 

• Like 2

This seem fair to, at least for my Wife and I.  From the FAQ on the link above..

Q. #17: How can a guest upgrade from classic beverage package to premium beverage package when they book the Always Included package?
A: If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Beverage Package, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment. The upgrade charge will be $11 per person per day which includes the beverage gratuity. Guests may not purchase a beverage upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their beverage package from Classic to Premium once onboard the ship.

• Like 1