Cruises looking good to restart by Dec (florida)

seaman11

Here is a summary of some of the key requirements in the CDC Framework for those who aren't up to reading 40 page PDF documents.  I agree with those who suggest it's 60 days for cruise lines to get a few ships and 1 or 2 ports ready - and that's with a rush.

Then at least one test cruise before permission will be granted ship by ship. Suggests a few ships could sail in January, then a few more, ...

Ships
All local port authorities must document approval OR must conduct simulated sailing/restricted passenger sailing
Must have onshore medical care agreements with evacuation plan
Must have onshore housing plan for quarantine of patients and any close contacts
A port agreement limiting number of ships to prevent overburden of local medical resources
Keep cabins set aside for isolation
Complete all crew protection measures
Submit application to conduct simulation sailing and get approval
Conduct simulated sailing with adult volunteers with no high risk medical conditions, and all passengers and crew must provide consent, and test a long list of requirements 
Obtain rapid RT-PCR test equipment for all ships and train staff
Following a successful simulation, apply for and receive Conditional Sailing Certificate
Must receive a conditioning sailing certificate from CDC
Maintain all conditions of certificate and report any deviation within 24 hours
7 day limit for cruises (submit regular EDC reports)
Based on a threshold of infection that may change terminate cruise, return to port and cancel further cruises

Crew
Weekly lab testing and reporting
Transfers ship to ship only if sending ship has no cases for 28 days
Embarking crew lab tested and quarantined

Passengers
Must be notified in all marketing materials/website of risk of covid in cruise travel prior to accepting a reservation
Lab test on day of embarkation and day of disembarkation and results before allowing passenger to board or leave
Additional lab test after day of disembarkation
Monitor passengers before boarding
Additional testing during cruise

Infection Procedures
long list of procedures with private non-commercial transportation and housing providers, including notify operations of ground transportation and air transportation

• Like 2

Well that answers this thread. We can shut this one down and start a “Will Cruises look good to restart by January?”

I was going to book January but at this point Im gonna hold off. Ive got an April and June and September deposited, wanted to go before April but at this point who knows. I walked down the gangway off MSC Merviglia Feb 16th of last year, it may be a year to the day which is just crazy.  

In other news, a year ago today, we set sail on Encore from Southampton bound for NY with a beautiful new Inaugural ship. 

no cruises in December sorry

November 2, 2020

Dear Valued Guest, As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact communities around the globe, we have made the decision to suspend all voyages with embarkation dates through December 31, 2020. We are very sorry for any inconvenience these changes may have caused. Please be advised that a full monetary refund of the fare paid will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of reservation.

I dont get all the negativity at last there has been some good news and ppl are downplaying it. 

There has to be test cruises per the cdc before the real passenger cruises can go. It stands to logic that reg cruises will be canceled for as to allow these test cruises to happen. i expect they will file the paperwork this week. they are not in business to just sit and not do anything when the cdc has given them a path and florida giving them a green light for ports.  

5 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

I dont get all the negativity at last there has been some good news and ppl are downplaying it. 

There has to be test cruises per the cdc before the real passenger cruises can go. It stands to logic that reg cruises will be canceled for as to allow these test cruises to happen. i expect they will file the paperwork this week. they are not in business to just sit and not do anything when the cdc has given them a path and florida giving them a green light for ports.  

File what paperwork?✌️

I dont know about paperwork but we have just gone into

a full lockdown in England and this is .Gov's advice.

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office advises against cruise ship travel at this time. This is due to the ongoing pandemic and is based on medical advice from Public Health England.

Cruise ship travel means staying overnight for at least 1 night on a sea-going cruise ship with people from multiple households.

Our advice against cruises applies to international travel on a ship that is exclusively for pleasure or recreation, providing overnight accommodation and other leisure facilities such as entertainment venues or swimming pools.

Our advice does not include ferries or privately-rented boats.

It is unlikely that any cruising will take place until that changes.

Though oddly a smaller ship did pick up 19 passengers

a few days back when this advice was still relevant.

Going against this advice  usually invalidates any travel insurance policy.  

Edited by Aulanis