Azura Latest News

joeecco

Just a word of caution for anyone driving from outside the local area. We saw the police stopping cars and asking drivers where they had travelled from. However, this was at the weekend and the seafront was like the M25. If you do come I would avoid the weekend. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Wow she looks fab contemplating  taking a short drive to see her  but haven’t been out of the house for 6 months not sure if I dare 🥴

I only went as I had to take DH to pick his works van up at a garage which was five minutes away. I was actually surprised at how near North and South Shields are from the river. It was a better view from here than what it would have been from the terminal. Where she is berthed there is a big fence in front of her, so it was a better view from the Customs House.

28 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Just a word of caution for anyone driving from outside the local area. We saw the police stopping cars and asking drivers where they had travelled from. However, this was at the weekend and the seafront was like the M25. If you do come I would avoid the weekend. 

There was some workmen there and I did feel a bit odd being there. I didn't stop long and I'm home now. We went to the Nightingale where I had my vaccine, then onto the garage. Hubby went to work and I went to see Azura. So I have had a good trip out, normally only get to the shops to buy food.

• Like 4

When Azura and her Grand Class sisters and cousins were introduced, I thought that they were incredibly ugly ships externally. Since then, we have seen new ships from NCL, Aida, Costa, MSC and Virgin that have trumped the Grand Class in terms of ugliness. Consequently, I now find Azura merely ugly. Of course, I fully accept that beauty is in the eye of the beholder so that others will have very different, valid opinions...

I have finally managed to get the photos from my camera. Lost the small usb card reader, granddaughter must have put it somewhere. Ordered another one to be here tomorrow. Time is an hour out on the photos, I thought I had sorted it but obviously not.

IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4105.JPG

IMG_4106.JPG

IMG_4107.JPG

IMG_4108.JPG

IMG_4109.JPG

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

When Azura and her Grand Class sisters and cousins were introduced, I thought that they were incredibly ugly ships externally. Since then, we have seen new ships from NCL, Aida, Costa, MSC and Virgin that have trumped the Grand Class in terms of ugliness. Consequently, I now find Azura merely ugly. Of course, I fully accept that beauty is in the eye of the beholder so that others will have very different, valid opinions...

Some of them look like clown ships to us. As sandancer said it was just the pleasure of first seeing her as I drove along the road. We were due to sail on her last year which was obviously cancelled, though been on Ventura a few times.

4 minutes ago, emam said:

Some of them look like clown ships to us. As sandancer said it was just the pleasure of first seeing her as I drove along the road. We were due to sail on her last year which was obviously cancelled, though been on Ventura a few times.

Glad you enjoyed your trip. It does feel wonderful to do something a little different these days doesn't it!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Glad you enjoyed your trip. It does feel wonderful to do something a little different these days doesn't it!

It certainly does, I don't go out much these days, so anything different is good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Glad you made it.

We were there about 11.30am after I did some calls nearby.

You can see the DFDS ferry in the background.

Graham.

IMG_20210303_113442.jpg

What a shame we missed each other.

I thought I might have seen sandancer out for a walk.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sandancer said:

The police turned  back 100 cars (and issued 20 fines) from the beach in Formby in Merseyside (where my Mum lives)on saturday from places as far away as Leeds and Manchester.A lot of people aren't taking the lockdown seriously!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, emam said:

A little bit of information.

The Northern Echo: Huge cruise ship set to stay docked in the North-East as update issued.
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19149514.p-o-azura-set-remain-docked-port-tyne-update-issued/

Hmmm. No mention of the refit or dry dock inspection then...🤔

23 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Hmmm. No mention of the refit or dry dock inspection then...🤔

Not something he’s gonna mention in that context really, he said about ‘the preparation to resume service’ which refits and inspection form part of. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, joeecco said:

Not something he’s gonna mention in that context really, he said about ‘the preparation to resume service’ which refits and inspection form part of. 

Plus the legal requirement for hull inspections every 5 years, which the likes of Azura are outwith

20 hours ago, joeecco said:

I wouldn't really expect him to say anything about the safety inspection but if the refit is still scheduled, it would be positive news to impart... Maybe the plans haven't been finalised yet.

7 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I wouldn't really expect him to say anything about the safety inspection but if the refit is still scheduled, it would be positive news to impart... Maybe the plans haven't been finalised yet.

P&O never shout about refits, they haven’t even shouted about Ionas interiors really. It’s just not there style of PR. 

they like the small and simple approach, hence the short teaser email today about ‘announcement next week’ 

3 minutes ago, joeecco said:

P&O never shout about refits, they haven’t even shouted about Ionas interiors really. It’s just not there style of PR. 

they like the small and simple approach, hence the short teaser email today about ‘announcement next week’ 

Of course, they had already announced her refit, saying there would be a particular focus on the outside decks. It just all seems to have gone quiet now after the schedule was knocked for six by Covid causing the shipyard to close for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Popped past her on the way home yesterday after spending a few hours on the Roker Riviera. Hopefully next time I see her next Feb it will be more like the 2nd photo

8DBA3B01-4715-4025-B3F2-9B27FED97409.jpeg

88F825FF-3E61-4A76-9850-8275CABDF247.jpeg

Edited by Snibs
  • Like 3