Azura Latest News

joeecco

1 hour ago, Snibs said:

Popped past her on the way home yesterday after spending a few hours on the Roker Riviera. Hopefully next time I see her next Feb it will be more like the 2nd photo

8DBA3B01-4715-4025-B3F2-9B27FED97409.jpeg

88F825FF-3E61-4A76-9850-8275CABDF247.jpeg

We were at North Shields last week.

IMG_20210331_111201.jpg

IMG_20210331_111331.jpg

IMG_20210331_111255.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The poor crew on Azura must be fed up. The reporter on the news was stood in front of her today and she was surrounded in mist. It's not the weather they will be used to in their home countries. 

14 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Is she still up in the North East ?!

I thought she was bobbing up and down on the South Coast with the other ships...

She is still at North Shields.

• Like 1

When we went to see her and took the girls, we also took them on the ferry. A first for all of us, but I got quite a few photos from different angles,including one of a pilot boat heading towards her.

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I don't think you need to worry to soon. I am expecting her to spend most of the summer in the North East.

If that's the case, It would be lovely if we could go for a meal on her. She won't have the crew for that though. Is there any way to put that forward as a suggestion? An evening of food and entertainment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, molecrochip said:

I don't think you need to worry to soon. I am expecting her to spend most of the summer in the North East.

Will she still have go into dry dock for her MoT before she resumes cruising  and has she undergone any of the improvements planned for her refit?

8 hours ago, molecrochip said:

My understanding is yes re dry dock.

Azura's last dry dock was November 2015 and all vessel's are required to dry dock every 5 years.

It is nice to see her up here at North Shields but she will have to dry dock soon.

Azura was due a refit last year after her Caribbean season, obviously that didn't happen.  When I was on her in 2018 the cabins furnishings were looking worn and by  February 2020 they were even worse and the whole ship had a tired run down feel. Does anyone know if that posponed refit is due before she re-enters service . My travel agent didn't seem to think so.  I am begining to regret booking for 2022.

19 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

Azura was due a refit last year after her Caribbean season, obviously that didn't happen.  When I was on her in 2018 the cabins furnishings were looking worn and by  February 2020 they were even worse and the whole ship had a tired run down feel. Does anyone know if that posponed refit is due before she re-enters service . My travel agent didn't seem to think so.  I am begining to regret booking for 2022.

She has to have her re-fit before she sails I’m sure.

19 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

When RC Independence of the seas had her multi million dollar amp they put in water slides etc and changed some carpets but the cabins were not revamped and they did need refitting as you can see in my photo.

I suspect Azura will have her mandatory 5 year dry dock and cash restraints of no cruising will mean just a tidy up of fixtures and fittings.

Graham.

IMG_20190525_131947.jpg

Edited by grapau27

Azura was due a fair bit of work on both outside decks and cabins. I’m led to believe that the cabin work is underway in Newcastle.

She is legally required to have the dry dock before she resumes passenger service.

It’s a false economy not to spend the money.

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Azura appears to have turned around twice this week. Here’s hoping they got the paint brushes out in between!

We have to head up near to her later on next week. We will pop along and have a look.

9 hours ago, emam said:

Sorry, don't know what you mean by placeholder.

Just something I saw someone say in an earlier post.

I assume a visiting vessel has to declare when they intend to depart. If they don't know this then I guess they just give a time and date in order to hold their place. Many vessels in the port have 31/12/21 at 2359 down on the list which obviously doesn't seem realistic.

I've been keeping an eye on Azura and this is the first time I've seen her departure date brought forward to a more realistic sounding time.

What I'd like to see now is her destination set to Ferol, where her original dry dock was scheduled and then onto Malta in time for my cruise in September.

I'm determined to stay optimistic!

I'd like to point out though that this is all guesswork, supposition and wishful thinking on my part and not based on any actual knowledge.

Edited by tim2go
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tim2go said:

Just something I saw someone say in an earlier post.

I assume a visiting vessel has to declare when they intend to depart. If they don't know this then I guess they just give a time and date in order to hold their place. Many vessels in the port have 31/12/21 at 2359 down on the list which obviously doesn't seem realistic.

I've been keeping an eye on Azura and this is the first time I've seen her departure date brought forward to a more realistic sounding time.

What I'd like to see now is her destination set to Ferol, where her original dry dock was scheduled and then onto Malta in time for my cruise in September.

I'm determined to stay optimistic!

I'd like to point out though that this is all guesswork, supposition and wishful thinking on my part and not based on any actual knowledge.

Not sure why they would be doing anything with her - just had an email from P&O cancelling my Oct Transatlantic on her - ah ha - thats why she is being moved - with this latest FCC to add to the pile I already have, I own the ship!! so they are getting her ready to bring round my house

🙁 I spoke too soon. Azura now cancelled into December.

At least I now get to fall back on plan B. A staycation on Queen Elizabeth and next year's P&O now paid for with credit.

Silver linings! 🙂