Azura Latest News

joeecco

I wonder why they are stopping until December 10th. 

They mentioned they would be sorting something out for the cancelled Aurora sailings. Wonder if Azura has been drafted in for that

Just now, Glitterati said:

I wonder why they are stopping until December 10th. 

They mentioned they would be sorting something out for the cancelled Aurora sailings. Wonder if Azura has been drafted in for that

They are using Azura for scheduled sailings from Dec 10th onwards. 

Aurora will have a new amended schedule prior to her sailing the original schedule from April next year. They will replace the worldie with shorter sailings on her. 

Azura refit, the word is up in the NE is that she is going to Spain for her refit. I do not have the date but the one above 29/6 is a possibility. She can’t stay much longer as the P. O. T. need the berth for cruise visits of which there are 30+ scheduled this year.

Gan Canny

Dai

• Like 1

Azura will be leaving Newcastle in the coming days and heading to Belfast (are 02/07). She is scheduled to be there for up to 3 months.

I have conflicting information as to whether she is drydocking. She is scheduled for the SRQ (ship repair quay) but another source tells me she will go Belfast - Southampton - El Ferrol for dry dock - Barbados in Oct/Nov.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Azura will be leaving Newcastle in the coming days and heading to Belfast (are 02/07). She is scheduled to be there for up to 3 months.

I have conflicting information as to whether she is drydocking. She is scheduled for the SRQ (ship repair quay) but another source tells me she will go Belfast - Southampton - El Ferrol for dry dock - Barbados in Oct/Nov.

Do you know anything about St Lucia cruises on Britannia being taken off of the website? 

58 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I know it’s the wrong thread but have you any idea what Auroras new cruises are going to be please 

1 hour ago, Manx buoy said:

I know it’s the wrong thread but have you any idea what Auroras new cruises are going to be please 

To be fair, you are asking for commercially sensitively information,  which could cost Moley his job!  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, joeecco said:

Do you know anything about St Lucia cruises on Britannia being taken off of the website? 

They have been taken off sale but not cancelled. I’ve been told of three issues: 

1. arrangements still to be finalised for Covid secure transfer of passengers to/from airport;

2. The Tui charter flight was supplemented by scheduled airline capacity. Said capacity is no longer available since Virgin pulled out of St. Lucia; and

3. Feedback scores on transfer to/from airport is really low due to long winding journey.

I believe they are hoping to resolve the first issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, molecrochip said:

They have been taken off sale but not cancelled. I’ve been told of three issues: 

1. arrangements still to be finalised for Covid secure transfer of passengers to/from airport;

2. The Tui charter flight was supplemented by scheduled airline capacity. Said capacity is no longer available since Virgin pulled out of St. Lucia; and

3. Feedback scores on transfer to/from airport is really low due to long winding journey.

I believe they are hoping to resolve the first issue.

Thank you Moley. You are very kind to share that insight.

hopefully they just move the ship back to Barbados and use Azura’s scheduled charter flights! 

25 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Thank you Moley. You are very kind to share that insight.

hopefully they just move the ship back to Barbados and use Azura’s scheduled charter flights! 

I do wonder what they will do with the Caribbean itineraries. If some islands are not on the green list, will they venture elsewhere? Mexico, Roatan, Bahamas- maybe utilise Princess Cays? Would be nice to see a little mix up! Or they may just add more sea days. 

Seems to me that you could almost end up with 7 day cruises to nowhere from Barbados.

Actually,  14 days (2×7days) bobbing around in the Caribbean could be quite enticing, a bit like a cheap version of Sandals! 

24 minutes ago, sandancer said:

I could do that. If we can spend a week bobbing around the English Channel this year (as we are doing end of August) I could certainly do it in the Caribbean. 

I think I would join you. But a balcony cabin would be a must !

On 6/25/2021 at 8:38 PM, molecrochip said:

That would fit with my information, I did think four month in dry dock was over the top. So Belfast for a rest, then off to Spain.

Dai

Anyone intending to come to watch her depart should note that the departure time on the Port of Tyne website has been amended to 18:45 on 29th June. I’d hate for you to miss her by 15 minutes!

Les.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Les_ldh said:

Anyone intending to come to watch her depart should note that the departure time on the Port of Tyne website has been amended to 18:45 on 29th June. I’d hate for you to miss her by 15 minutes!

Les.

Would love to but not sure if I can. However if I could get there where would be best on the south side.

Haven't seen you on here for a long time.😀

Edited by emam
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Les_ldh said:

Les.

Is there something special about it departing? I mean I spent lots of time watching the cruises arriving and departing and I didnt find anything particular intresting about it. I mean its not like a Titanic leaving the port or a spaceship getting ready to hit the atmosphere. In any case, as long as you enjoy it

7 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Is there something special about it departing? I mean I spent lots of time watching the cruises arriving and departing and I didnt find anything particular intresting about it. I mean its not like a Titanic leaving the port or a spaceship getting ready to hit the atmosphere. In any case, as long as you enjoy it

Just another small indication that preparations are being made for the restart of cruising to other lands after the pandemic stoppages which I am sure you know about.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, emam said:

Would love to but not sure if I can. However if I could get there where would be best on the south side.

Haven't seen you on here for a long time.😀

You’ll get a great view anywhere along the river, but the Shields ferry landing would be a great place.

Probably because I haven’t been on here for a long time 😂. I took a break during the “pause”, but now I’m back in full planning mode, so I’ll be keeping an eye on the forum again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1