Azura Latest News

joeecco

16 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

According to a P&O captain, she is not going to Belfast or for refit - the plot thickens.

Has she not had any work done whilst parked up at Sunderland apart from a splash of

paint here and there ?

5 hours ago, kalos said:

Has she not had any work done whilst parked up at Sunderland apart from a splash of

paint here and there ?

Sunderland??? Dont think so. She is in North Shield.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

AIS still shows Belfast. Tyne port still shows Belfast. Belfast port still expects her on their tracking data. Even Captain Marcin Banach replied to a tweet referencing a warm welcome in Belfast.

Any updates on St Lucia and Britannia this year, we were hoping to book our shore excursions this week. Shall we hold off? 

Britannia is expected to sail as planned.

I’ve heard further rumours re St Lucia but nothing anywhere near definitive.

The better question is why have Aurora’s new itineraries have been delayed? Various rumours. My favourite is that P&O need their call centre staff this week to rebook those they cancelled off staycations following the government removing the 1,000 passenger maximum limit today.

I should stress it’s a rumour and so far I’ve only seen an MSC notification regarding the governments change. 50% limit still remains until 19 July.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

Britannia is expected to sail as planned.

I’ve heard further rumours re St Lucia but nothing anywhere near definitive.

The better question is why have Aurora’s new itineraries have been delayed? Various rumours. My favourite is that P&O need their call centre staff this week to rebook those they cancelled off staycations following the government removing the 1,000 passenger maximum limit today.

I should stress it’s a rumour and so far I’ve only seen an MSC notification regarding the governments change. 50% limit still remains until 19 July.

Ooo well that’s interesting for the folks that were booted off last week!

Do you reckon they’ll replace St Lucia with Barbados every week and have the one home port using Azura’s scheduled charter flights? 
We don’t care where they fly us too, just as long as we join the ship on the planned day in the sunshine (hopefully! Haha)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Don’t bet on that. For this summer I still expect P&O to do lateral flow tests to “prove” that everyone is negative. They can then say they’ve taken reasonable precautions.

I would be OK with that now I know they administer the test, me trying it was an abject failure 😟

Very nice photo's diaB it looked decent weather for sailing .

I like this short film someone posted of her departure ,the Azura's ships horn was

a nice way of saying goodbye to all of you who had took the time out to bid her farewell :classic_love:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

Very nice photo's diaB it looked decent weather for sailing .

I like this short film someone posted of her departure ,the Azura's ships horn was

a nice way of saying goodbye to all of you who had took the time out to bid her farewell :classic_love:

Taken from the marina car park at North Shields. He picked a good spot as he got all of her in the shot until she moved past him.

11 hours ago, daiB said:

Off she goes, At 10.30 she was off Amble heading north.

7C2CD028-6FDB-4B0A-880C-E9A951EC8640.jpeg

18B1E01D-9275-4F9B-8B11-514EC00BB2B9.jpeg

C82DA298-B2DC-461D-BE7D-3CD4D8FC2F0B.jpeg

25119BEB-01E8-4F60-8F19-A7FE008A5D89.jpeg

6E5CE49E-8632-4084-90D2-2B93A88F018B.jpeg

Thanks for the photos. Our grandchildren didn't leave until 6.15, so there wasn't enough time for us to get there, she would have been gone.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 12:30 AM, joeecco said:

Ooo well that’s interesting for the folks that were booted off last week!

Do you reckon they’ll replace St Lucia with Barbados every week and have the one home port using Azura’s scheduled charter flights? 
We don’t care where they fly us too, just as long as we join the ship on the planned day in the sunshine (hopefully! Haha)

Indeed. If you were bumped off a cruise after 7 July you should get some good news.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Indeed. If you were bumped off a cruise after 7 July you should get some good news.

Yes, thank you.  Email received, but after contacting them only grade A suites available for F&F.  However, she did say to try again after the vaccine 14 day news had filtered out to guests.

• 5 weeks later...

Azura will appear in Southampton for provisioning in early November and 1 December before undertaking her transatlantic voyage. The provisional plan is for her to either dry dock in between these two events or between leaving Belfast in October and arriving in Southampton.

I've heard conflicting reports about whether the transatlantic cruise will be put on sale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2