Haven Butler Duties

15yearsandwaiting

• 2 weeks later...

regardless of the butler's stated duties, there are certain things i would prefer to do on my own. unpack and draw a bath.

that being said, as soon as we get  to our cabin and meet the butler, i let him know that 1st thing in the morning to please bring a pot of coffee, hot water for tea, milk or cream, butter and croissants and sweet rolls  and some muffins I ask him in the afternoon to brings crackers assorted meats and cheeses ,kind of like an antipasto. sometimes i ask him to lave cookies inthe room for when we get back from an excursion

if im in my cabin in the afternoon or evening, i might ask for a cold bottle of heineken or a glass of champagne, if he gets the urge, my grandson might ask for a pizza to be brought or we might ask for a midnight snack.

at the end of the cruise i usually slip him/her a $100, and the concierge a $50.

i dont think any of these are excessive or demanding

2 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Draw a bath? Good grief, if I need someone to draw me a bath I might as well pack it in now 🤣

I feel very much the same... draw a bath... seriously.  🤐

Now, pour me that glass of wine and get out of my stateroom ..... said very sweetly of course! 

But, to each his/her own, long as it's not my bath. 

LOL 🙂

On 11/10/2020 at 5:29 AM, 15yearsandwaiting said:

Has anyone had a butler draw a bath for them?  What is the cost and what do they do?  I know it sounds silly but I think it is the ultimate pampering and I never had it done before.  I will be on the Encore on Valentines day 2022 with my husband and I think this is a dream come true

Most certainly

image.thumb.png.decce4690238398b78403bb5a741e995.png

image.png

Edited by BirdTravels

sorry, i have a major problem paying $50 and up just to take a bath, even if it's drawn by a butler. if youve read any of my previous threads, i may be spoiled and a diva, but even i have my limits.

i'll take my own bath, thank you, and  if need be, i'll bring bath salts and bubble bath with me and do just fine

18 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

The prices quoted above seem to indicate having liquor in your drink is $50.00 more than without alcohol. If that is per drink it is a bit steep (understatement).

Saw that too.   crazy.

Edited by dexddd

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Here's my question.  I love baths....take one in dead sea salts daily!

But...the water cools off in a few minutes.  So I add more hot water.

Will the butler stay there and add more hot water if desired?  If not, I don't see the need for the butler to draw a bath.

Well sure he's going to be there.  Who do you think is scrubbing your back with a luxurious, exfoliating loofah?

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2020 at 4:45 PM, complawyer said:

i'll take my own bath, thank you, and  if need be, i'll bring bath salts and bubble bath with me and do just fine

There is a big bottle of bath salts provided complimentary that is refilled daily, as needed.

image.png.6c5259a0476d9aace976b82ce4613c60.png

image.png.e3c4fc6a156b82ac5188df3d3405ead8.png