Grey Dot????

beerman2

13 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Anybody know how to get rid of the "grey dot" covering up the like, trophy, laugh icons ?

It's got to be a software glitch just on some devices and operating systems.  I get the big gray dot on my iPad but not on my laptop -- both are Apple devices with IOS. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

It's got to be a software glitch just on some devices and operating systems.  I get the big gray dot on my iPad but not on my laptop -- both are Apple devices with IOS. 

Yep

Apple IPad -grey dot 

Apple IPhone No Dot

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is supposed to be a heart.  It is what you click on to like someone’s post. Why would you want to get rid of it. 

37E4A988-D2B8-4965-9361-81755851698A.jpeg

F09EA755-2000-4FE6-82F0-D1A3066F4234.jpeg

The problem is that on some iPads the dot is huge and covers up the whole thing and you can not see which posts have likes, etc.  It works fine on other systems and devices but there is a glitch just on some iPads. 

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

The problem is that on some iPads the dot is huge and covers up the whole thing and you can not see which posts have likes, etc.  It works fine on other systems and devices but there is a glitch just on some iPads. 

You probably need to upgrade to the newest software version.  Works fine for me, I started using 14.2 a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You probably need to upgrade to the newest software version.  Works fine for me, I started using 14.2 a couple weeks ago.

15 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes that's probably the problem.  Will try upgrading.  Thanks

Yep, I just upgraded and it's fine now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Yep

Apple IPad -grey dot 

Apple IPhone No Dot

Hmm, iPad Air first gen 12.4.9 and iPhone with 14.2 both have the gray dot with the heart. It changes to like, haha, and trophy when pressed.  That is the same as before on mine. 

Ourusualbeach

I want it to be like before where you had the 3 icons clearly visible and you tap on it.

Not the grey dot that you tap on it and you get a smaller dot also plus part of the trophy showing.

Wasn't a problem until CC did their last update.

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Ourusualbeach

I want it to be like before where you had the 3 icons clearly visible and you tap on it.

Not the grey dot that you tap on it and you get a smaller dot also plus part of the trophy showing.

Wasn't a problem until CC did their last update.

I may have used this feature more than anyone on CC, and I'm pretty sure it's always looked like this on Android and Chrome. 

Screenshot_20201111-142057_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201111-142305_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4f3bb8eb6e7f33b1625519b6455abd75.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jsf said:

Also missing is the time you started on Cruise Critic, I always liked that info so I could see how long the person has cruised as related to opinions.

If you click on the avatar, it will list their date joined. 

2 hours ago, jsf said:

Also missing is the time you started on Cruise Critic, I always liked that info so I could see how long the person has cruised as related to opinions.

I cruised 16 years before I joined the CC community in 2005