Updated Sail Dates

DCCruiser57

SS has updated the website.  Except for the Silver Origin,  sailings are now starting in April.

Silver Cloud:
•     E4210505012 - Silver Cloud will set sail on May 5, 2021

Silver Wind:
•     WI210614014 - Silver Wind will welcome guests once more from June 14, 2021

Silver Shadow:
•     SS210428012 - Silver Shadow will commence service once again from April 28, 2021

Silver Spirit:
•     SL210420007 - Silver Spirit will set sail on April 20, 2021

Silver Muse:
•     SM210520007 - From May 20, 2021, Silver Muse will resume sailing

Silver Whisper:
•     WH210620014 - Silver Whisper will commence service once again from June 20, 2021

Silver Explorer:
•     E1210624010 - Guests will cruise on Silver Explorer again from June 24, 2021

Silver Moon:
•     MO210401012 - Silver Moon will set sail on April 1, 2021

Silver Dawn:
•     DA211109010 - Silver Dawn will commence service from November 9, 2021

Silver Origin:
•     OR210206007 - From February 6, 2021, Silver Origin will resume sailing

3 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Interesting isn't it that SS is staying completely away from North American and Caribbean waters until Autumn of 2021?

(With the notable exception of the Muse in Alaska in May)

I assume they feel safer operating elsewhere.

I assume they decided they couldn’t or didn’t want to meet the CDC requirements.   Probably came down to economics and they are betting that the pandemic will turn the corner with the potential vaccine or vaccines becoming available.   

1 hour ago, DCCruiser57 said:

That's not the one we are talking about.  SS proposed a Whisper Med GV leaving 31 March in lieu of the cancelled WC.

Salient point is that it was proposed but never published.   So far it hasn’t made it to the schedule and may have been dropped totally since the Whisper, as of the latest announcement, isn’t scheduled to sail again until June 20, 2021.   I suspect the resurgence of the virus caused them to reconsider a March startup.  

Edited by Randyk47

1 hour ago, DCCruiser57 said:

The Whisper Med GV was planned for 81 days departing 31 March.

Thanks DC. And my understanding was that this Whisper GV was only made public as a possibility when they cancelled the WC about 3 weeks ago. It has never been on the website. Silversea will have to make the position clear soon.

The other GV in the Med has been set for September  5, 2021, is on Shadow and, so far at least, is still going ahead.

On 11/18/2020 at 4:53 AM, turtlemichael said:

I've been invited to one by Martinoli  set for this Friday evening our time (6.00pm) for "some important highlights and updates".

13 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I seriously doubt there will be any "big" reveal on the call.  In fact, I bet it's nothing more than a reiteration of the elements contained in today's press release.

I am in that webinar too. They have mentioned about the Mediterranean Grand Voyage in spring 2021 once again, and plans to accept pre-booking starting from next week (estimated).

There will also additional Kimberly sailings to be introduced for a start of operations in late May 2021 on Silver Explorer, depending on the travel restrictions of Australia (not sure whether this has already been discussed before on Cruise Critic boards).

Then they introduced about the "included shore excursions and included air", and also showed some preview on the 2022-2023 itineraries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

I am in that webinar too. They have mentioned about the Mediterranean Grand Voyage in spring 2021 once again, and plans to accept pre-booking starting from next week (estimated).

There will also additional Kimberly sailings to be introduced for a start of operations in late May 2021 on Silver Explorer, depending on the travel restrictions of Australia (not sure whether this has already been discussed before on Cruise Critic boards).

Then they introduced about the "included shore excursions and included air", and also showed some preview on the 2022-2023 itineraries.

Hi CW - you beat me to it! I agree with your summary.  I felt they were a bit ambivalent about the GV on Whisper from March 31 but it is clearly still on the books (I was the Michael who asked the question about it).  They need to get on with finalising it I'd think. All they said was "soon".

I'd also note that the FCC looks like it will become100% at some point. Barbara M. was quite clear that the recent reduction from 125% to 110% was for economic reasons and not to make the future debt too large. 

The Kimberley cruises next year seem reasonably positive for me if they can satisfy quarantine restriction in Australia for crew. They are changing some to purely Australian itineraries.  I'd think it is likely that most of the customers will be Australian and they will be popular.

The other thing I noted that the WC for 2023 will be announced in January.  2022 WC is planned to go ahead.  I also liked the variety of GV's planned for 2022-23 including in Asia.

All up, I appreciate that Silversea goes to this extent to keep us in the loop. I understand the video will be sent to us who attended if anyone else is interested.

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

I was logged on to  the webinar too.  I agree with  TM.  

But I  dont  think  we will be cruising until  there is a vaccine.

While the impact is relatively slight for Silversea Silversea’s Barbara Muckermann posted over in Facebook that Canada may not open its ports to cruise ship until a vaccine is widely available.  The devil is in the details and Muchermann they are in contact with Canadian authorities to gain an further understanding.   I am assuming the definition of “widely available” means something along the lines of a vaccine being readily available to the general population.  That could push the Alaskan cruise season well into the summer and could have a huge impact on the mass market lines.   There is light at the end if the tunnel but still dim.

• Like 1