Winter 2021/2022 itinerary changes/revisions - MASTER THREAD

mikkelhansen

3 hours ago, tert333 said:

In the past, if a cruise is cancelled, they have allowed the move the cruise to another cruise maintaining the same price as the previous cruise.   Traditionally, they have given options which you can select from,  and if you choose not to select the options provided, then you would get an OBC with the new booking at the prevailing rates. 

I am booked on a March 19 Infinity cruise and it does not look like there is a corresponding Summit Cruise.   I am onhold with my TA, who is trying to get in touch with Celebrity and is onhold with them.

@tert333we are booked on the same cruise. 

I had an email from my TA yesterday advising that we would be booked on equivalent Summit cruise, but like you, we can’t see a sailing on Summit for that date.

appreciate any update or info you may come up with.

4 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

An Update from me:  We were on the Edge November 12, 2021 and are moving to the Silhouette on November 12, 2021.  Same itinerary.  Apparently for this cruise (and maybe a few others but not all) Celebrity is allowing a "lift and shift" type of situation, with prices and perks protected.  No need to re book at prevailing rates.  And, we get the $200 OBC for the cancellation. 

That's nice to hear!

Waiting to see when the Summit is moving south from Boston.  Would like to L&S to it instead of rebooking some other Caribbean itinerary.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

An Update from me:  We were on the Edge November 12, 2021 and are moving to the Silhouette on November 12, 2021.  Same itinerary.  Apparently for this cruise (and maybe a few others but not all) Celebrity is allowing a "lift and shift" type of situation, with prices and perks protected.  No need to re book at prevailing rates.  And, we get the $200 OBC for the cancellation. 

Can I ask where you heard this?

I rang celebrity 3 hours ago and was told rebooting at prevailing rates or cancel only?

Thanks 

1 minute ago, louhun88 said:

I rang celebrity 3 hours ago and was told rebooting at prevailing rates or cancel only?

Thanks 

I didn't "hear it".  This is what is happening with my reservation.  I spoke to my travel agent half an hour ago.

34 minutes ago, louhun88 said:

Ok thank you, I wonder how long it'll be until that filters through to the uk office

I wonder too. Was booked on Silhouette in Jan 2022 from Chile.  Phoned up today to be told rebook at higher price or can cancel and get deposit refunded. Problem for me is the deposit was a FCC and can only get a new FCC as a refund.  Unacceptable in my view.  They are forcing me to lose money one way or another! Hope head office are reading these threads

46 minutes ago, louhun88 said:

Thanks 

I also have made the change through my TA. When I first called her she said no I couldn’t get the switch unless I had something in writing from X. She called back 10 minutes later and told me yes I could make the change.  

This was for Edge to Silhouette on 1/24/22. I’m not sure if all ships and itineraries are eligible. 

We too got today the lift-and-shift for our 1/24/22 on Edge to Silhouette with protected price and perks. Good thing that somebody at Celebrity decided to turn their brain on today.

Edit: Oh well, few latest posts above didn't show for me before writing this one.

Edited by Demonyte

Wait and few days and let the dust settle. Their own communication is oddly worded. I'm sure their own reps aren't clear since the Edge to Silhouette is phrased differently than the rest of the impacted cruises.

"Move to Silhouette Long Caribbean OR; book any other Winter 2021/2022 Caribbean sailing at the prevailing rate...."

The way this is worded could be posed as two options:

1. Move to Silhouette

2. Rebook another Caribbean cruise at prevailing rates

If you love your current rate, don't shoot yourself in the foot to prove a point by immediately cancelling. 

9 hours ago, Lisa3635 said:

Would you mind sharing which 01/22 Infinity sailing?  I'm on the 1/8/22 and got the email it was canceled and to rebook at prevailing rates.  I really hope the Summit is an option at the rate I have booked.  

Has anyone had any luck with Celebrity in moving their January/February Infinity sailing to Summit to a different date, as Summit does not seem to be sailing either month?   My TA was on hold with Celebrity for over an hour and we agreed to try back later.....

Another update - Celebrity sent out a clarification note regarding rebooking on Silhouette.  This may not apply to everyone but here’s the text :  

From now through December 1, you can rebook your 10 or 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise vacation on Celebrity Silhouette®, with the same departure date and stateroom category, at the original price and promotion as your Celebrity Edge® booking or at prevailing rates, whichever is lower.  You also have the option to rebook any other Caribbean voyage in 2021/22, departing between October 2021 and April 2022, at prevailing rates.  If you choose to rebook, you will also receive an onboard credit of $200 per inside, ocean view or veranda stateroom; $300 per Infinite VerandaSM, AquaClass® or Concierge Class stateroom; or $400 for The Retreat®.   Please contact us or your Travel Agent to take advantage of this offer.   If you are unable to rebook by December 1, you will automatically receive a 100% refund to your original method of payment, for amounts currently paid on your reservation.  No action is required on your part to receive this refund.

1 hour ago, roquejo said:

My case is the opposite, I was booked in Silhouette for Antarctica but now moving to Infinity.

Just want to clarify that now if you just change ship but similar IT, you will now be price protected?

The Antarctica sailings seem to be the same 15D/14N as earlier, whereas our Argentina & Chile itinerary is now 12 days instead of 15, they’re also in February and March, not January.  We got a good rate when we booked last December, repriced earlier this year for a price drop, also got wifi added on as an extra perk. The Infinity isn’t my fav ship, especially since she won’t be revolutionized. But am waiting to see if we can do a L&S keeping our price and perks.

Please let us know if you have any luck, thanks 😊 

41 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Another update - Celebrity sent out a clarification note regarding rebooking on Silhouette.  This may not apply to everyone but here’s the text :  

From now through December 1, you can rebook your 10 or 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise vacation on Celebrity Silhouette®, with the same departure date and stateroom category, at the original price and promotion as your Celebrity Edge® booking or at prevailing rates, whichever is lower.  You also have the option to rebook any other Caribbean voyage in 2021/22, departing between October 2021 and April 2022, at prevailing rates.  If you choose to rebook, you will also receive an onboard credit of $200 per inside, ocean view or veranda stateroom; $300 per Infinite VerandaSM, AquaClass® or Concierge Class stateroom; or $400 for The Retreat®.   Please contact us or your Travel Agent to take advantage of this offer.   If you are unable to rebook by December 1, you will automatically receive a 100% refund to your original method of payment, for amounts currently paid on your reservation.  No action is required on your part to receive this refund.

Received the same update last night....taking advantage of moving to 11/12/21 Silhouette offer.  Now waiting for our X rep to answer email and phone message left yesterday.  I image they're swamped with these changes.

Just now, Oceangoer2 said:

Received the same update last night....taking advantage of moving to 11/12/21 Silhouette offer.  Now waiting for our X rep to answer email and phone message left yesterday.  I image they're swamped with these changes.

Looking at another site for possible cabins to book..looks like the ship was cleared and wide open for reservations.  Right now a number of choices.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Looking at another site for possible cabins to book..looks like the ship was cleared and wide open for reservations.  Right now a number of choices.

Why have all the Edge cruises for 2020 and 2021 been cancelled? What are they doing with the Edge?

Yet, they want to book you on the 

Silhouette?

we were booked for the Edge 11/2020 and now requested a cash refund. No longer playing the waiting game.

Stay safe! 

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Why have all the Edge cruises for 2020 and 2021 been cancelled? What are they doing with the Edge?

Yet, they want to book you on the 

Silhouette?

we were booked for the Edge 11/2020 and now requested a cash refund. No longer playing the waiting game.

Stay safe! 

Certainly not all of them.  Unless my 28-Feb-21 has been unknowingly canceled as well. 

4 hours ago, roquejo said:

It seems that only the Celebrity Edge moving to Silhouette got price protected, those Silhouette moving to Infinity will be rebooked at prevailing rates.

Why this partiality?!!! We are booked on Silhouette for January 2022, this was to celebrate my sister’s landmark birthday...

16 minutes ago, prish said:

Why this partiality?!!! We are booked on Silhouette for January 2022, this was to celebrate my sister’s landmark birthday...

I don’t know if it’s for all of the Edge - think it may have to do with what the “new” cruise is? I know for ours it was the exact same schedule/ports/dates - just a different ship. 

3 hours ago, D C said:

Certainly not all of them.  Unless my 28-Feb-21 has been unknowingly canceled as well. 

The  Edge to Silhouette cruises that people are talking about are in late 2021 into 2022.  So not your cruise, but I would be pleasantly surprised if Celebrity has completed the crew training and trial cruises by the end of Feb.