Winter 2021/2022 itinerary changes/revisions - MASTER THREAD

mikkelhansen

Instead of several individual threads about itinerary changes being released during the next days, let's keep all info in this thread.

-Celebrity press release: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Celebrity_Cruises_Announces_New_Winter_2021_2022_Deployment.pdf

-FAQ/Which new itinerary to chose: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Deployment/CEL_21-22_Deployment_FAQs.pdf . Note that most rebookings are at PREVAILING RATES, not with protected prices!

-Specific sailings -> new sailings overview: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/ITK/CEL_DECISION_TREE_OCT-MAR_21-22.pdf

-Main info site about the new itineraries, including region-specific .pdf sheets - ongoing updates: http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/tools_destination.html

Feel free to post any sailing-specific comments/questions, as well as any other info you find about the changes.

Edited by mikkelhansen

Just seeing this today.

This means 2 less sailings for us on Celebrity in late 2021/2022.  No way are we paying prevailing rate for $200 OBC (nonrefundable) on each of the 2 sailings we had booked.  And to go from 30 days sailing to 24 for more money.  =X= is so generous.

We are booked on the Infinity March 28, 2022, 5 day and the date is not on the list for the Summit.  I am so disappointed as we got an incredible rate...$580 TOTAL for 2, inside room(one of the larger ones on 7), AND $100 OBC.  Oh well, lol.

ETA:  My sailing has been chartered.  I wonder if they will give me the option to move to a different sailing at same rate.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

Seems there are some kinks to be worked out with this new schedule.  We are booked on the Infinity B2B 10 N Portugal- Spain departing 10/9 followed by the15N TA Barcelona to Miami arriving 11/3.   Both on tge new schedule.  Problem is they also show the Infinity with a 11/7 sailing from Lisbon.  I guess they will drop us off in Miami on the 3rd and speed across the Atlantic to be ready to board passengers on the morning of the 7th. 😂 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, zanderblue said:

We were booked on Infinity March 19th 2022 sailing. We should transfer across to Summit, but I can’t  see a Summit departure for that same date.

Has anyone heard anything about that particular cruise?

thanks

According to the sheet in my third link, you can "Move from Infinity to Summit sailing in a like for like stateroom category at the rate paid". In other words, depending on your current sailing length, you should be able to choose an SM sailing with the same amount of nights without paying prevailing rates.

15 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We are booked on the Infinity March 28, 2022, 5 day and the date is not on the list for the Summit.  I am so disappointed as we got an incredible rate...$580 TOTAL for 2, inside room(one of the larger ones on 7), AND $100 OBC.  Oh well, lol.

ETA:  My sailing has been chartered.  I wonder if they will give me the option to move to a different sailing at same rate.

Previously, I believe passengers on chartered sailings were offered two or three alternative dates with price protection. I think you should hear more from Celebrity (or your TA) within a few weeks.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

A big takeaway from the redeployment - Celebrity will not have a ship homeported in San Juan for the first time in at least 20 years. 

I am on the October 16, 2021 Summit,  Boston - San Juan sailing.  Any guess on whether it will become a Boston to FLL on a different ship?  I have an excellent suite rate.  With that said, I am double booked on a HAL cruise for same time period, so guess my decision may be made for me.  

18 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We are in same situation, our date is not on Summit schedule. Where did you find out that your sailing had been chartered?

1 minute ago, zanderblue said:

We are in same situation, our date is not on Summit schedule. Where did you find out that your sailing had been chartered?

At this link,  it seems ours is the only charter date

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/ITK/CEL_DECISION_TREE_OCT-MAR_21-22.pdf

• Thanks 1

So our Connie cruise (2/26/21) Was MYSTERIOUSLY cancelled Oct 28.  The TA said no one at X could explain what happened.  As of two days ago our room was back in inventory for that cruise at triple the price we paid.  Now I see Connie NOWHERE in the plans.  Am I missing something?

26 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am on the October 16, 2021 Summit,  Boston - San Juan sailing.  Any guess on whether it will become a Boston to FLL on a different ship?  I have an excellent suite rate.  With that said, I am double booked on a HAL cruise for same time period, so guess my decision may be made for me.  

Canceled 

9 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Our January 2022 b2b on Edge is cancelled...not giving other options but Silouette for 10 and 11 nighters...where is the Edge going to be?

I am on hold with a Celebrity agent. They are not offering the Silouette at the same price, even though the dates are the same and the itinerary is either the same or similar. The difference between the new booking on the Silhouette and my booking on the Edge is over $4,000 Cad. There is no way I will pay Celebrity an extra $4,000. If I get anywhere with the agent, I will post.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cantstopingcruising said:

I am on hold with a Celebrity agent. They are not offering the Silouette at the same price, even though the dates are the same and the itinerary is either the same or similar. The difference between the new booking on the Silhouette and my booking on the Edge is over $4,000 Cad. There is no way I will pay Celebrity an extra $4,000. If I get anywhere with the agent, I will post.

Unfortunately, as mentioned in my original post, MOST of the rebooking optiones are at prevailing rates. Quite shocking, being that Celebrity changed the itineraries, not the guests. They should at least offer price protection, but they most certainly have a marketing/financial reason not to do so.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Did you receive notice from Celebrity?  I have received nothing and I booked directly.  Thank you.

Just got an e mail from Celebrity.  Can re book at NEW $$$$ rates only for minimum OBC compensation.  Really disappointed no lift and shift or alternate sailing offered.