Prices - WOW

SouthLyonCruiser

We concelled an Alaska cruise this year and got a FCC that paid for the same cruise next year with a $3000 credit left over for another cruise to be before May of next year.

Today is the first day I really started looking for a Caribbean cruise for winter of 2022.

OUCH, the prices were out of this world. Like I might be able to book a flight to the space station for about the same price.

I know that this has probably already been discussed by those who did not wait as long as I have to start looking; so, just consider this a vent.

• Like 1

What I've noticed is that the inside starting price doesn't seem out of this world, but when you dig in deeper to a balcony cabin prices are much higher. Think it may have to do in part with which ship/how many balcony/suite cabins there are.

Depends on what you're looking at I guess and your expectations.

I was able to price out a 7 day cruise out of Port Canaveral end of Jan 22' heading to DR, St Thomas, Tortola, Great Stirrup Cay with all 5 offers in a Haven courtyard room for $6400 for 2 people. Less than $1000/day for Haven is worth it for me.

Same cruise in a BA with all 5 offers added for apples-apples comparison would be $3086. So again, not egregious to me at all.

The 30 % is a typical marketing scam from NCL. Im holding a reservation for a cruise in January. The new 30 % off price is 300 bucks more than the price I paid in October. They just raise the price before the sale and make it look like a bargain. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, vswan said:

What I've noticed is that the inside starting price doesn't seem out of this world, but when you dig in deeper to a balcony cabin prices are much higher. Think it may have to do in part with which ship/how many balcony/suite cabins there are.

The one I checked was on an older ship, the Dawn and, again, WOW

6 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Huge demand, tons of FCC that needs to be burned through, prices will be high for about 18 months after sailing starts back up.  They will only come down if demands starts to go down, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Sad, but probably true.

• Like 1

Prices are garbage .... They are wanting around the same price for 7 day Caribbean cruises in a balcony for what I paid for an ocean view for 15 days on the Bliss for the full Panama Canal transit last year for my family of four. That leaves a bad taste ..... I canceled my April cruise on the Encore for April due to Covid and now have no NCL cruises booked. Not paying ripoff prices anytime soon. Might go back to MSC for late 2021 and have the Celebrity a apex booked for 2022. Really a bad time to be booking anything now unless you don’t mind throwing your money away. I feel bad for the people that were duped into the appeal of FCC’s .....Now that was a scam you could smell a mile away. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Prices are garbage .... They are wanting around the same price for 7 day Caribbean cruises in a balcony for what I paid for an ocean view for 15 days on the Bliss for the full Panama Canal transit last year for my family of four. That leaves a bad taste ..... I canceled my April cruise on the Encore for April due to Covid and now have no NCL cruises booked. Not paying ripoff prices anytime soon. Might go back to MSC for late 2021 and have the Celebrity a apex booked for 2022. Really a bad time to be booking anything now unless you don’t mind throwing your money away. I feel bad for the people that were duped into the appeal of FCC’s .....Now that was a scam you could smell a mile away. 

I have an April 2021 NYC-Bahamas booked at "a decent price".  I know it's gonna be canceled (or I'll cancel...I can wear a mask at home, no need to travel).

I won't give them a penny more and I don't want an FCC.  Although FCC sounds like a nice gesture, when you factor in the inflated prices...no thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I have an April 2021 NYC-Bahamas booked at "a decent price".  I know it's gonna be canceled (or I'll cancel...I can wear a mask at home, no need to travel).

I won't give them a penny more and I don't want an FCC.  Although FCC sounds like a nice gesture, when you factor in the inflated prices...no thank you!

I have an April 2021 cruise booked as well, however, I'm not sure they'd even allow me to cross the border since it's for a cruise.  Man, it's so different now with C-19.  I will, like you, @MsTabbyKats, likely cancel my wonderful 11-day cruise from TPA to NYC.  Just a shame, such a great cruise itinerary. 

Take care, stay safe, wear a mask. 

Cheers 🍷

• Like 1

10 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I have an April 2021 cruise booked as well, however, I'm not sure they'd even allow me to cross the border since it's for a cruise.  Man, it's so different now with C-19.  I will, like you, @MsTabbyKats, likely cancel my wonderful 11-day cruise from TPA to NYC.  Just a shame, such a great cruise itinerary. 

Take care, stay safe, wear a mask. 

Cheers 🍷

11 days?  I think that is for sure going to be cancelled.  So sorry.  Anything over 7 would be first to be chopped.   😞

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Prices are garbage

One of the speculations I saw in another thread is that they're pricing the cruises in such a way as to discourage bookings right now, until they know what's going on with 7+ night sailings, the CDC and the CSO.

6 minutes ago, StolidCruiser said:

Giving you food for thought?

Just did a comparison on Barcelona cruise we have booked in September, we have Haven Spa, I can get Queens penthouse suite for same price?

I know who I’m booking with next..