New vaccine

hollyjess

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Your imogi is a fender Stratocaster. I have one upstairs and a telecaster also a Gibson SG. If I had known lockdown would have gone on so long I could have practiced. Lots.🤣

Who.😎

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

I think you need to read the WHO statement, John - it refers only to the Oxford/AstraZenica vaccine.  Not the Pfizer.

The Pfizer regime in the UK is expedient, but it's against most scientific advice.

I caught a video clip on a news channel on Friday from WHO which said all current vaccines are showing improvement in antibody levels way beyond the 3 week period.

Slightly  changing  the subject. IMO it looks like vaccine rollout is going superbly,  even with the odd glitch, and looks to get even better as more vaccines come on line. 

But we're not vaccinating for vaccination sake or only to protect the NHS , we are vaccinating to be able to get back to some normality. Yes it must be done in stages.

So the big question is when will important things start to be relaxed, I don't care about for example if wearing a mask in shops becomes permanent  ,  but when will we be able to see family  and when can we go on holiday

• Like 2

Just now, Windsurfboy said:

Slightly  changing  the subject. IMO it looks like vaccine rollout is going superbly,  even with the odd glitch, and looks to get even better as more vaccines come on line. 

But we're not vaccinating for vaccination sake or only to protect the NHS , we are vaccinating to be able to get back to some normality. Yes it must be done in stages.

So the big question is when will important things start to be relaxed, I don't care about for example if wearing a mask in shops becomes permanent  ,  but when will we be able to see family  and when can we go on holiday

Hopefully we will get to know next Sunday when Boris and pals tell us. The way the infection/hospitalisations and death rates are coming down and the number of people vaccinated things should start moving pretty quickly. The weather hopefully will be warming up with lengthening daylight and meeting in parks or even gardens should be safe, getting schools back up and running will likely be priority. I would imagine a phasing lockdown out in stages across the country will happen. We also need to test how the vaccine is working within the society which can't be done properly in lockdown, all this while avoiding a new wave of covid. 

22 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

We're doing it because we have to, for the sake of the NHS and society, but it does increase the risks to each individual

I don't understand your logic. Surely, the risk to each individual is greater if that individual is not vaccinated. Once an individual is vaccinated once, that individual is safer than before.  And having a second vaccine only increases your defences against CV19 by 5% or so.

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Keep posting Bob👍

Graham.

Thanks Graham. Most on here are great, just one or two I know wouldn't be my cup of tea, as I am sure I wouldn't be theirs. Anyway I'll try and keep my feelings to myself, less trouble then.

Edited by bobstheboy
Grammar
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Very good news from Israel

Outcomes among 523,000 fully vaccinated Israelis:
Only 544 cases
Only 4 of which were severe
And 0 deaths

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hmo-sees-only-544-covid-infections-among-523000-fully-vaccinated-israelis/

If that outcome is repeated worldwide then we have a very good chance of normailty, even a new variety, in the very near future.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks Graham. Most on here are great, just one or two I know wouldn't be my cup of tea, as I am sure I wouldn't be theirs. Anyway I'll try and keep my feelings to myself, less trouble then.

Most of us agree so feel free to post.

All posts are welcome imo.

• Like 3

Just to add a contrast,jab rollout in Italy is actually declining.40500 yesterday with 5500 2nd jabs in that figure.Last week it was over 60000 a day.Teachers and plod are in the priority group with 80 year olds.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Hopefully we will get to know next Sunday when Boris and pals tell us. The way the infection/hospitalisations and death rates are coming down and the number of people vaccinated things should start moving pretty quickly. The weather hopefully will be warming up with lengthening daylight and meeting in parks or even gardens should be safe, getting schools back up and running will likely be priority. I would imagine a phasing lockdown out in stages across the country will happen. We also need to test how the vaccine is working within the society which can't be done properly in lockdown, all this while avoiding a new wave of covid. 

I believe we have a Boris briefing tomorrow - whether it will tell us anything we want to hear is another story.:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I believe we have a Boris briefing tomorrow - whether it will tell us anything we want to hear is another story.:classic_unsure:

One thing i want to hear is teachers getting the jab before returning fully to work,maybe put two days aside solely for them,then police and shop workers,this would be a good move.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I wonder if we will have to wait for the Feb 22nd 'roadmap' before P&O announce anything.

34 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Just to add a contrast,jab rollout in Italy is actually declining.40500 yesterday with 5500 2nd jabs in that figure.Last week it was over 60000 a day.Teachers and plod are in the priority group with 80 year olds.

By February 12th 2.8 million people had been vaccinated in Italy.

Just now, WECRUISEUK said:

One thing i want to hear is teachers getting the jab before returning fully to work,maybe put two days aside solely for them,then police and shop workers,this would be a good move.

Whilst I sympathise, and have every admiration for the way those in public-facing roles have done a brilliant job,  the next group is group 6, the younger vulnerable group, many of whom have not set foot outside their doors since March. 

Glad I don't have to make these decisions.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Scriv said:

I wonder if we will have to wait for the Feb 22nd 'roadmap' before P&O announce anything.

Personally I don't think BoJo will say anything about cruising. Probably some indications as to when self catering holidays might be allowed, and tentative plans for hotels re-opening, but cruising will be kicked down the road.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Whilst I sympathise, and have every admiration for the way those in public-facing roles have done a brilliant job,  the next group is group 6, the younger vulnerable group, many of whom have not set foot outside their doors since March. 

Glad I don't have to make these decisions.

If he wants the teachers back on 8th march at least let them have the first jab.

• Like 2

Just now, wowzz said:

Personally I don't think BoJo will say anything about cruising. Probably some indications as to when self catering holidays might be allowed, and tentative plans for hotels re-opening, but cruising will be kicked down the road.

I think the same. There's too many other factors to consider re cruising, not least the possibility of transmission by air of the virus like in the quarantine hotel in Australia. But I could think that P&O might make some statement once any travel restrictions or relaxations are announced. 

14 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

If he wants the teachers back on 8th march at least let them have the first jab.

Whilst it’s an emotive subject, to do what you (and many others) are suggesting goes against the science that has been used to determine the vaccine priority order. I have heard Chris Witty and others say several times that there is no evidence that teachers are any more at risk than anyone else and those who are at more risk will be picked up anyway by the general vaccination programme.

Teachers are still at work and have been throughout, as have millions of other key workers such as those in the emergency services and in retail to name just two areas. To vaccinate these people ahead of those in the priority groups 1 to 9, whilst being a populist move, will ultimately cost lives by delaying the vaccines to those who are at significantly more risk. I do, however, think that there is a strong case for all key workers, not just teachers, to be the next priority once all the over 50’s have had their vaccines. 

• Like 14

29 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

Why?  Those in the older age groups, and those in vulnerable groups will be, or will have been, vaccinated very soon, the younger ones are very unlikely to be ill with virus, even if they do contract it.

• Like 6